Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

i wasnt expecting to take anything from the game but i thought we would perform better than we did im really disappointed the way we played.i left at 4-0 and by the time i got back to the car i was expecting it to be 5 or 6 which it could easily have been or more

We just didn't turn up at all today. Think at times we played some nice one touch pass and move stuff but it never came to anything. Celtic just walked right over us today. Didn't actually expect anything from today. It did remind me though of why I haven't been to Celtic Park in about 4 or 5 years, I will not be back near that shit hole anytime soon.

Crutches obviously precautionary but if he has aggravated an old injury or suffered a new one it is very bad news for the lad and the team.

Hateley-Clancy-Craigan-Hammell.

Any injury to one of those four now (especially Craigan) and we would be in massive trouble. Page has some experience (although doesn't appear to be rated) so I wonder if Hutch IS out for any length of time whether we sign a free agent for cover on a 4-6 month deal.

Great performance from Strathclyde's Finest and Celtic's stewards today. Motherwell fan thrown out for giving the fingers to someone who was doing the exact same. Told not to see "If you hate Neil Lennon clap your hands", I wonder it was Rangers fans singing it if the Police woman would have acted the same. When people walked out the whole of parkhead erupted into "Go home ya h*ns" and nothing was done, a boy got thrown out and cautioned for having a flag with h*ns on it a few weeks ago. Bloody Jobsworths

Give me ma £26 and £17 for ma laddie back i want a refund . Tactics seemed to be pass the ball across the park till they take it off us,then panic as we all run backwards.No doubt Hutch going off as a major blow but we have to get forward to have a chance,a wee flurry after they scored when they sat back then same old same old .Wont be back to smeltic or ibrox if this is the piss we serve up.Then again they were the better team by miles but we should still be givin it a go.Bring on the rest of the leauge now the old firm are out the way for a bit

Whilst a defeat was predictable the scoreline and manner of it were very disapointing.

The line up looked very defensive with 3 holding midfield players. No doubt Michael Higdon was therefore left very isolated. These tactics have not worked before and they sure as hell didn't work today.

Hopefully Shaun Hutchinson's injury isn't serious but, if it is, then we will need to source an emergency centre back. Tim Clancy may be an adequate full back but he's no centre back.

For me in the grand scheme of things it's become a pointless fixture.

Our bread and butter games will always be against ICTFC, PARS, both Saints, Aberdeen, Killie etc., and while they have my respect, I cannot understand why any Well fans want to fork out their reddies to expose themselves to the pissh that goes on in the Bowl and to see our team inevitably cave in.

As for the new legislation/criteria imposed as a result of our beloved Bigot Brothers' behaviour, it's poor sods like ourselves who are the easy targets and will no doubt suffer at the hands of OB.

To be honest, anyone who's willing to pay that kind of money to go to Parkhead must know what they're in for? It doesn't make it right, but it couldn't have come as a shock?

It called supporting the team :yahoo: with unfounded hope , but i think the oddsof seeing a win there is a longshot by my reconning 2014 should be about right.:wallbash:

It called supporting the team :yahoo: with unfounded hope , but i think the oddsof seeing a win there is a longshot by my reconning 2014 should be about right.:wallbash:

I remember cheering many victories from the Rangers End terrace at Darkhead, but that was for less than a tenner and we had very little shyte to endure from the Beggarz and/or OB in those days ...... and one-sided political correctness was thankfully unheardof.

Great performance from Strathclyde's Finest and Celtic's stewards today. Motherwell fan thrown out for giving the fingers to someone who was doing the exact same. Told not to see "If you hate Neil Lennon clap your hands", I wonder it was Rangers fans singing it if the Police woman would have acted the same. When people walked out the whole of parkhead erupted into "Go home ya h*ns" and nothing was done, a boy got thrown out and cautioned for having a flag with h*ns on it a few weeks ago. Bloody Jobsworths

Exactly. Don't agree with having a union Jack in the motherwell end myself but this is Britain so fair play. The Celtic fans outrage at this was embarrassing though and their 'go home ya h**s' pish is so hypocritical its unreal.

Don't appreciate being called a h*n (whatever it means) and certainly not being told to Go Home by a bunch of knuckle dragging bigots draped in scaffy tricolors.

Sad that this chant and the on the road again one was all that had that stand to our right out their seats. And we get a fan kicked out for a hand gesture :'( . In a football stadium. Again, I'll no be back.

Don't appreciate being called a h*n (whatever it means)

According to a representative of the Celtic Supporter's Trust giving evidence to a Scottish Parliamentary Committee a few days ago its not a sectarian term and is simply another word for a Rangers supporter.

Exactly. Don't agree with having a union Jack in the motherwell end myself but this is Britain so fair play. The Celtic fans outrage at this was embarrassing though and their 'go home ya h**s' pish is so hypocritical its unreal.

Don't appreciate being called a h*n (whatever it means) and certainly not being told to Go Home by a bunch of knuckle dragging bigots draped in scaffy tricolors.

Sad that this chant and the on the road again one was all that had that stand to our right out their seats. And we get a fan kicked out for a hand gesture :'( . In a football stadium. Again, I'll no be back.

I do reckon the Union Jack was just to annoy them, and to be honest, it worked. We've got more right to fly a Union Jack than they have to fly an irish tricolor.

First and last visit to this shithole. When you get 6 and 7 year olds runnin up to disabled supporters shoutin "F*** off you dirty orange B******* egged on by their fathers then it aint worth the hassle, especially when you bring it to the attention of the Anti sectarian polis who tell you "they're only weans" while trying to train their video cameras on the Motherwell fans while conveniently ignoring the Green Brigade. I walked out in disgust after 75 mins

If any Celtic fans insist that they don't have a problem and its only a "minority" who act like that then I at least will know that they are actually living in cloud cuckoo land

• Like 1