Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

What if Motherwell vote against it, but newco is allowed in anyway?

If it comes to pass and Motherwell vote against a Rangers Newco then I would buy my season ticket as normal. At least then they would have shown to me that they value sporting integrity. However the chances of that happening are slim to none. Only Dunfermline have spoke out against a Newco, and it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to work out the reason why.

Those are the biggest revenues.

It's overblown bollocks to say they have gone and the loss of two gates of 9k vs rangers would be so significant. Fuck knows we may even replace it with a fixture where our own fans turn up

Well I suppose we don't have the figures to make a judgement. But I'm fairly confident that TV and sponsorship money are hugely significant, and greatly reducing them would jeapordise our ability to fulfill contracts nevermind offer new ones.

This is my point

The majority of people talking up the exodus of sponsors are current and ex RFC players and journalists who have been on their coat-tails since the murray circus began.

I have yet to read a quote from any sponsor saying they are reviewing their position

Will we find out how the club voted?

Yes. Irrespective of how any vote goes there's always at least one party with an axe to grind who leaks information, in the name of transparency. Just think of the secret vote which took place over Falkirk's attempt to groundshare at Airdrie.

Any Board vote, if there is one should be adjourned today. The decision has to be taken by all the SPL members and not on a 11-1 or 10-2 basis either. If a Board vote is taken and its in favour of letting a Rangers Newco straight back into the SPL it will be all too easy for clubs not on the Board to say to their fans "Nothing to do with me Guv...a big boy done it and ran away". Result - they may get what they want and their own fans are satisfied their rep wan't to blame. Win - win?

so that rangers can tell bill miller how the SPL will react to a newco.

They could have told him anytime, as it will be a resounding yes from all but Dunfermline. The meeting is just for show and I think we all know what the result will be as regards any Newco. I'm afraid the fans views mean nothing to the respective SPL Chairmen/Chief Exec's, if it did they would ask us.

What the people who run our game need to realise is that its not about "punishing Rangers and kicking them when their down" anymore. Its about doing whats right. All i care about now is how MFC vote in this. The other clubs votes dont matter,the punishments dont matter,i couldn't give a toss what happens to Rangers now.But if i cant hold my head up cos Motherwell rolled over in my eyes then i've had it. There are some things you just dont do for money.

• Like 1

Agree with much of Mr M's post there.

A simpe way to get your sentiment across to the Club is: 2 x A4 sheets of paper. In thick black marker pen write No to on one and NewCo on the other and hold them aloft on Sunday.

We could have a stand-up protest, 11 minutes into the game say.

No to

NewCo

So my decision to join the Well Society for me and my girls is now postponed until after the 30th May!! Living outside Scotland and therefore not being a season ticket holder this would be my major financial commitment to the Club but the deafening silence on a subject that is obviously at the forefront of all fans minds doesnt seem to bother our Executive Management! wallbash.gif

Please can we have an official statement?

Please can we have an official statement?

You might be disappointed if you received one tonight. Its quite possible that the official statement would read something along the lines of "We are awaiting clarification on a number of legal/financial points before coming to a decision". That could indeed be the club's position, who knows?

As I posted in another thread does anyone know the legal remit of the Club's Directors, or indeed the Directors of any company? This could be a crucial factor

"We are awaiting clarification on a number of legal/financial points before coming to a decision"

Which would also read as "Sporting integrity means fuck all to Motherwell FC so we need to check how much money it will cost....." :doh:

• Like 1

Which would also read as "Sporting integrity means fuck all to Motherwell FC so we need to check how much money it will cost....." :doh:

You do not know that. Motherwell FC could easily vote to kick out Rangers on the basis of incomplete or downright wrong information in the name of sporting integrity. However its the SPL which would have the final say on the basis of other votes in addition to ours. If Rangers were kicked out/heavily punished/whatever on the basis of incomplete or downright wrong information then the SPL and possibly MFC could be sued for millions. Its one thing to want to deal with Rangers in a just way (I certainly do) but you can't just go ahead and do it without checking the facts first. Remember there's nothing in the SPL rules about this situation, although there should have been.

The shareholders of any company, including MFC, would be extremely unhappy if the Directors acting on principle, albeit just, took illegal action which exposed the company to very costly litigation. Neither the SPL or our club are rich enough to simply bash ahead regardless with no thought to any legal or other costs involved.

Its simply my take on a very complicated situation.

• Like 1

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/rangers-and-the-incubator-part-3/

According to the above article(if I have read it right) any rule change by the SPL to allow the Newco, has to be approved by the SFL..

The Newco has to be, at least an Associate Member of the SFL, with all paperwork in place, insurances, tenure of Ibrox,etc.

This will all have to be done by Friday.

It is a very long article but persevere.

kmcalpin, I admire your unfloundering stance on most matters Motherwell

can I ask one question though

if Rangers are liquidated should they receive the same sanctions as Airdrie & Gretna?

neither of those clubs attempted a newco share transfer.