Michael Higdon

El Grew

Craigan on ESPN said after the game he thought he hit the 1st 1 because he was too tired to run with it. "I've trained with him".

Let's hope he continues to be too tired to run with it & just carries on smashing it into the net!

If he signs a new contract I hope he's even more pish next year. Hopefully he'll get more dire the longer his Motherwell career goes on

At first glance it seemed as if the flick for his second goal was meant for Humf but it fell short so he lashed it in himself, not sure but sharp thinking anyway. Either way, great technique from the big man for both goals.

Have gone a bit Twitter daft with this already today, but here's some Higgy Stats:

This Season: 24 goals across 17 of 34 SPL games this season. Motherwell have not lost any games this term when the big man has scored.

Last Season: 14 strikes in 35 SPL games, where MFC lost only one match that he found the net in, 2-1 defeat to Celtic.

Total SPL goals: 38 from 69 games, including a hat trick of hat tricks over two seasons.

Add to those tallies, his 3 Cup goals in both Scottish and Diddy and he's netted 41 times in total since joining for nothing from St Mirren.

Considering we are second and pretty much guaranteed Europe again, he has to be in with a shout of SPL Player of the Year with a record like that, and the one he has just broken.

On a slightly smaller scale, Henrik Ojamaa has only lost once in games he has scored in for us in the SPL.

1366436981[/url]' post='379840']

At first glance it seemed as if the flick for his second goal was meant for Humf but it fell short so he lashed it in himself, not sure but sharp thinking anyway. Either way, great technique from the big man for both goals.

I agree, poor first touch set up his second goal, and got a bobble for the first which made him hit it higher / with more loft than if the ball was on the ground.

evilgrin.gif

1366445546[/url]' post='379849']

I agree, poor first touch set up his second goal, and got a bobble for the first which made him hit it higher / with more loft than if the ball was on the ground.

evilgrin.gif

Can't run, can't jump, what can he do?

McCalls interview after the have was decent. Saying he's not over confident but feels we have more of a chance of keeping Higgy than anyone else !!! Here's hoping he signs on!!

He's on to a good thing here at the moment, with Ojamaa and even Humph on a good day putting decent chances on a plate for him most weeks. I don't expect those two to be going anywhere over the summer, so hopefully that would be one good reason for him to hang around.