Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

Townsley accused us of harassing his family among other things. He was just a dick !

The abuse players and fans got at that time was completely out of order. In fact it was disgraceful.

Mark Reynolds was an excellent player for us, better than many people are prepared to acknowledge, who spent a long time at Motherwell and was one of the guys that was responsible for turning us into a solid Top 6 side which hadn't previously been the case and who was more or less shown the door by the club for a cheque from down south.

Sure if he goes in late or scores a goal you can boo him all you want but I think turning players into hate figures, especially great servants for the club which I think Reynolds was, is completely wrong.

During the 90 minutes he's an opposition player and I'm not saying for a minute he should be treated any different from Considine or Langfield, but that's kind of the point. No one will be shouting abuse at either of those players unless they do something worthy of it.

There will be players who leave a club under a cloud, but most don't and Mark Reynolds certainly didn't so what's the problem? Most former players deserve respect from fans and Mark Reynolds deserves respect more than most.

If the game does go ahead, who will benefit most from the condition? Both teams seem to like to play on the break but if the park is going to hold the ball up then we could be looking at both managers setting up their teams in unusual formations. Personally I think the bad weather could effect us more.

The refereee or someone in an SFA uniform is certainly out walking about on the pitch and has his mobile phone glued to his ear. No standing water anywhere. Covers seem to have done their job. Can't help feeling that the pitch will be in a dreadful state after the 90 minutes. Looks like it will cut up badly.

The refereee or someone in an SFA uniform is certainly out walking about on the pitch and has his mobile phone glued to his ear. No standing water anywhere. Covers seem to have done their job. Can't help feeling that the pitch will be in a dreadful state after the 90 minutes. Looks like it will cut up badly.

Sure will cut up. Will look like a ploughed field come full time. Now much we can do about it. At least it will have a few weeks to recover to some effect.

During the 90 minutes he's an opposition player and I'm not saying for a minute he should be treated any different from Considine or Langfield, but that's kind of the point. No one will be shouting abuse at either of those players unless they do something worthy of it.

langfield always get pelters and considine looks like a monkey but other than that good points.

Sorry for lack of updates, it's literally been all hands to the pump (including the people who usually update twitter)...

Referee had an inspection and is happy for the groundstaff to keep working on the pitch. As long as the rain stays off, all should be good.

From @MotherwellFC

Well done to everyone working hard to try & get the game on.