2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I feel if we can drag away from the bottom 2 then the rest of the season will be played without any pressure and so the young players will get a lot of game time.the reason our young players have not been coming through recently in my opinion is down to the fact for the last 7 years we have been challenging for Europe.cups.2nd place etc and so the management at the time did not feel they could risk them for a run of games. you only have to look at hearts this season and how theyve been doing which if you remember up until about the last 8 games of last season they were bearly getting beat every week.thus season they are flying with a couple of goid solid experienced guys behind them.also the last time we really brought through a lot of youth all at once was post admin when butcher had no other option.

We need to offload players first i'd keep Hammell and Ojamma hopefully will stay till the end of the season. EVERYONE ELSE IS AVAILABLE. Any lower league teams who are looking for 1st and 2nd div calibre players there's plenty available. Lasley and McManus can hopefully move into coaching asap after very distinguished careers and the rest are SHITE!!! :wallbash:

• Like 2

We need to offload players first i'd keep Hammell and Ojamma hopefully will stay till the end of the season. EVERYONE ELSE IS AVAILABLE. Any lower league teams who are looking for 1st and 2nd div calibre players there's plenty available. Lasley and McManus can hopefully move into coaching asap after very distinguished careers and the rest are SHITE!!! :wallbash:

Lasley and McManus can fuck right off too - they are beyond shit!

Doubt any other manager has been watching us this season thinking that any of our shite players could do such a good job for them that it would be worth paying them premier league wages. This constant 'offload' chat Is wishful thinking. That will happen in the summer.

Any news on the fitness of vigurs and Lawson?

There unfortunately will be no "offloading" till the summer.

Today was, if any further proof was needed, more confirmation that every single player who is out of contract in the summer should be punted, with McManus and Reid being told to find new clubs also.

Never mind Motherwell, professional football will be offloading some of these guys if they don't pull their stocks up quick smart.

Sadly this is what has happened to Hibs last season. They had a squad full of unmotivated out of contracts that knew they weren't going to be at the club in the next season and we have something similar with 15+ out of contracts from a squad of 24, most of whom will be on their way. We have a small squad but there is hardly any competition for places because 8, 9, 10 of those players are completely out of the picture and shuffling around waiting to be freed.

In the past we've had a good dressing room but it's obvious there is a big big downer behind the scenes at Motherwell right now. Next season can't come soon enough.

Were a good few of the guys who re-signed in the summer not on two year extensions? I'm sure they were and that this was the first time the club has done so, and a lot of guys on here were crying out for this to happen to from being fed up of having to build a team from scratch every year. Could the fact some of them know they dont have to bother their arse about playing well and impressing to get a new deal in the summer have anything to do with the slump? Correct me if i'm wrong about the 2 year deals.

Those out of contract in 2015, according to transfermarkt.co.uk:

Lawson

Vigurs

Sutton

Ainsworth

Ramsden

Kerr

Carswell

Angol

Nielsen

McHugh

Cummins

Law

Ojamma

OB

Stewart

2016:

McManus

Lasley

Hammell

Reid

Twardzik

Leitch

Moore

Not sure on the youth players.

Those out of contract in 2015, according to transfermarkt.co.uk:

Lawson

Vigurs

Sutton

Ainsworth

Ramsden

Kerr

Carswell

Angol

Nielsen

McHugh

Cummins

Law

Ojamma

OB

Stewart

2016:

McManus

Lasley

Hammell

Reid

Twardzik

Leitch

Moore

Not sure on the youth players.

The worrying thing when you look at that list is we have to watch lasley McManus and Reid putting in their pathetic displays for another 18 months - thanks Stuart

The worrying thing when you look at that list is we have to watch lasley McManus and Reid putting in their pathetic displays for another 18 months - thanks Stuart

To be fair to Reid he did enough for the 4 or 5 months after he came in last January to earn his contract. Granted since then he has been pish but that said would have him in the team before Kerr, Ramsden or ZFA.

To be fair to Reid he did enough for the 4 or 5 months after he came in last January to earn his contract. Granted since then he has been pish but that said would have him in the team before Kerr, Ramsden or ZFA.

On today's performance I would have Eddie May back at Fullback instead of Reid, one of the single worst footballing displays I have ever witnessed. His distribution is laughably bad!!

Reids attempt at controlling the ball today at the first goal was the best 20 yard pass iv seen this season

It feels wrong to criticise Reid because he seems like an honest pro and never hides but he shouldn't be at Fir Park. He was a signed as a stop gap, did well and instead of being sent on his way and thanked for his efforts he got a two year. He's a guy who at best is going to be solid when we should really be looking to bring on players.

• Like 2

I can't get my head around what's gone wrong. I was quite happy back in the summer when we got all our players signed early. For the first time in about 6 years it felt like we didn't need to build a new team from scratch.

Fast forward to now, and we are shambolic.

Guys like Sutton, Lasley, Hammel, McManus, on paper these are the type of guys you want as the back bone of a fairly competent team, but in reality it's far from that.

As most have already said, it's looking like we're going to see a bit of an overhaul this summer. It wouldn't surprise me, or upset me, if all those who are listed as beg out of contract went. There's a few there that probably can do a job, but maybe it's just not a right fit at Motherwell for them.

Despite finishing 2nd, it was recognised within the support that our standard of football last season was largely woeful. We were badly in need of some quality in the midfield and out wide.

Our form was epitomised by the 5-1 humping at Tannadice before riding our luck to victories against Inverness and Aberdeen to clinch 2nd.

We then went on to lose 3 quality (albeit not entirely reliable) players in Anier, Hutchison and McFadden and adequately replaced one.

The summer of 2013 remains the major failing though. Lawson, Vigurs and Neilsen on the back of McCall swithering over the Sheffield United offer. Horrible signings, their wages over the 2 years will equate to a sum in the vicinity of what fans have donated to the Well Society. Sickening.

Despite finishing 2nd, it was recognised within the support that our standard of football last season was largely woeful. We were badly in need of some quality in the midfield and out wide.

Our form was epitomised by the 5-1 humping at Tannadice before riding our luck to victories against Inverness and Aberdeen to clinch 2nd.

On their two performances Accies would have humped us last season as well, just as Dundee Utd did.

I've already said it tonight but Accies are in a different league from us as a football team and come the end of the season that might actually be literally true.