Aberdeen V Motherwell 11/05/14

well_said

What was his crime against us again? Must confess, I struggle to keep track of which inept buffoon is which these days...

he watched anderson punch the ball into net and gave everything against sutton the other week even when the united players were jumping all over him.

It's almost as if a member of his family had a bad experience at fir park and he holds it against us.

We did win the first eight games he refereed involving us and the first one we lost, we missed a penalty at Parkhead at 0-0 ten minutes from time. To suggest there is any conspiracy against us is just utter guff.

Just looking at his profile on Soccerbase he does seem to get involved in an astonishing number of high scoring games. Even with us he has been in two 5-1s, a 5-0, a 4-0, a 3-3 and a 2-2 this season. he also refereed St Mirren 5 Ross County 4, Inverness 3 Aberdeen 4 and his special one was on Saturday at Hamilton.

Anyway why we're worrying about who the referee is on Sunday when we have still to negotiate Inverness to stop it becoming a friendly is baffling.

he watched anderson punch the ball into net and gave everything against sutton the other week even when the united players were jumping all over him.

It's almost as if a member of his family had a bad experience at fir park and he holds it against us.

I've commented on this before - a load of bollocks. He is not biased just bad...like a lot of others.

Also, Brian McLean does not hold a grudge...far from it...and thats first hand.

For those driving, I noticed this morning that the M8 off slip will be closed this weekend. Looks like the diversion is to drive up to hermi gate, turn, drive back in the opposite direction and come off on the westbound junction.

http://trafficscotland.org/plannedroadworks/details.aspx?id=p519516&Sort=Region%2cStartDate%2cEndDate&Direction=Ascending&PS=10&PI=9

Just to clarify, I don't think that the referee has an anti-Motherwell or even pro-Aberdeen agenda, but the fact remains that the last game between the sides, he was the guy who allowed a studs-up challenge / punching ball combo to stand as a goal in injury time to cost us three points over Aberdeen, a decision which has turned out to have changed the complexion of this Sundays game. Even if he is an absolutely bang-on guy and wonderful referee, that must have figured in his thoughts and, perhaps more significantly, in the thoughts of the players involved in the match.

Just to clarify, I don't think that the referee has an anti-Motherwell or even pro-Aberdeen agenda, but the fact remains that the last game between the sides, he was the guy who allowed a studs-up challenge / punching ball combo to stand as a goal in injury time to cost us three points over Aberdeen, a decision which has turned out to have changed the complexion of this Sundays game. Even if he is an absolutely bang-on guy and wonderful referee, that must have figured in his thoughts and, perhaps more significantly, in the thoughts of the players involved in the match.

Just say what you mean...." the ref was an arsehole, that night and i have serious concerns over his abilities to run the game smoothly on Sunday" :nod: