2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Maybe in the minority here but the boy is a long way off a move to Celtic or an English team

Needs at least another full season here under his belt regardless of what league we are in

Don't have the fear iv had of other players leaving with him at all

If we get a development fee for a striker that's scored in 3 out of 36 appearances this season we should be doing cartwheels.

Can't believe the abuse Erwin is getting on here! His first full season in a mediocre team and quite possibly the only shining light on an otherwise terrible season, but still the vultures are out!!

It's hardly abuse to point out if we sell a striker that can't score it's a bit of a result.

Also Erwin is one of the reasons the team is mediocre. He plays well about every 4th or 5th game. I'm happy to give him MotM awards when he does turn it on but the facts are that for about 75% of the season he's been run-of-the-mill to poor.

But what are you expecting? A twenty goal a season player? He has come into a team low on confidence and form and gradually over the season got better. Of course he will have dips in form - he is young. I think you are being incredibly unfair on the guy to be honest.

• Like 1

But what are you expecting? A twenty goal a season player? He has come into a team low on confidence and form and gradually over the season got better. Of course he will have dips in form - he is young. I think you are being incredibly unfair on the guy to be honest.

I've said it over and over I don't really have a problem with Erwin. There is some potential there. What I do have a problem with is guys on here making out he is the second coming when he's nowhere near being at a level where he should be an automatic choice for a decent Premiership level team.

I also have a problem with guys slating one of our greatest ever goalscorers on one performance against Partick while casting a blind eye to 4 poor performances in the meantime by Erwin. There's a double standard there.

Finally I think the manager has made a terrible mistake going with an inexperienced forward who hasn't quite got the knack yet of scoring goals over an experienced striker who's done it season after season, especially at this stage of the season when survival is in the balance.

Erwin was very poor against Accies the previous week, Sutton had something like 12 goals scored against Ross County in a Motherwell shirt, Sutton should have started that match against Ross County.

All I'm saying is that we should be putting out our strongest team over trying to develop a young player that might well leave next season anyway.

I just think it's unacceptable for a manager to have two players on the bench yesterday who have scored 50% of our goals, and not start them in a must win match with a relegation play off at stake.

• Like 3

Ya Bezzer has one opinion on erwin and myself and other well fans have a very different one. He is our only sellable asset, our only player getting talked about in papers to be interesting other clubs yet he thinks $25 for him we should be doing cartwheels. Hahaha. A wee word to him as iv said before guys that are managers of professional football teams know a lot more about football than anyone on here. You should stick to talking about something that you know about as obviously footballers is not one of them. Just my opinion of course

Keith Lasley is John Suttons da'?

Lol ya bezzer is lasley not john suttons da

Keith lasley and john sutton combined barely resemble a footballer. The fact that these two, and Mcmanus, have played in just about every game this season is one of the reasons we are in the shit. Yet McCall in his wisdom handed out 2 year contracts to 2 of these 3 players. Should have been sacked for that decision alone

I've looked into my crystal Ball and Lee Erwin will be offski at the end of the season to Celtic's development squad then loaned out to us for next season in the championship. I can also reveal we'll finish 5th in that league next season with Erwin and Dom Thomas being 2 of our better players.

I'm not saying Lee Erwin's shite but he is severely overrated by some members of our support, simply due to the fact that he is basically the only notable player to come through the youth system in recent years. Sutton should have had significantly more playing time recently.

You just have to look at some of the opportunities which Erwin has had and fucked up monumentally, (e.g. yesterday when he gave the pass back to Kello in the first half, a chance Sutton would have burst the net with). But hey ho lets sit and attack folk who are actually willing to raise questions about players, even if they are young and 'one of our own'. If Erwin, a striker, can't finish straightforward chances, its no wonder we are in our current predicament.

Erwin has come into a side that is struggling and playing some of the worst football we've seen in many a year at Fir Park. He's a young lad with what I believe to be a shitload of potential. Will he live up to it? Perhaps. I simply hope he remains with us for a bit longer so we can see him given more game time and a chance to progress.

• Like 1

Sutton could have put away some of Erwin's chances.

However, at some point, there would have had to have been some running to get into the positions that Erwin did to have the chances. Sutton...doesn't do that part.

Well the fact that he has over double the goals that Erwin has kinda discounts that argument buddy, keep trying though

I'm not here to have a go at Erwin and I hope we can hold onto him, however I do think Sutton McDonald partnership would have caused opposition defences more problems also when Johnson and Ainsworth were whipping crosses into the box Sutton would have made more of these opportunities than Erwin.

Seems to be a lot of discussion for one over the other. I would love to keep them both as they are quite different and give you options as to how you want to play. I do agree with whoever said that we should have went with ainsworth and sutton at the start against St Mirren.

Erwin has potential and I think we can get more money for him further down the road rather then let him go now and get development fee.

So Celtic will loan us back a player and let us develop him for them, while also paying a substantial part of his wages? Sorry, let's look to put that cash to better use elsewhere.

All hypothetical, but that is just my opinion on that proposal/scenario.

I've looked into my crystal Ball and Lee Erwin will be offski at the end of the season to Celtic's development squad then loaned out to us for next season in the championship. I can also reveal we'll finish 5th in that league next season with Erwin and Dom Thomas being 2 of our better players.

I dont have a crystal ball so no predictions on the footie, but i do predict that you will still talk utter shite next season as well.

• Like 3

Well the fact that he has over double the goals that Erwin has kinda discounts that argument buddy, keep trying though

How does it discount that argument? He's quite rightly pointing out that the majority of Erwin's chances have come from his pace and skill on the ball to turn defenders. John Sutton just doesn't have that, which is the point that's being made!

Can't believe the abuse Erwin is getting on here! His first full season in a mediocre team and quite possibly the only shining light on an otherwise terrible season, but still the vultures are out!!

And you can bet it's the same vultures who complained we don't give youth a chance.

How does it discount that argument? He's quite rightly pointing out that the majority of Erwin's chances have come from his pace and skill on the ball to turn defenders. John Sutton just doesn't have that, which is the point that's being made!

John Sutton "doesn't have that", but still scores more goals. So therefore, his point that Sutton doesn't get into the positions to score is bullshit.

John Sutton "doesn't have that", but still scores more goals. So therefore, his point that Sutton doesn't get into the positions to score is bullshit.

No body has said he doesn't get into positions too score!! It's that he has to rely on others putting the ball into him in these positions if they don't he does very little else. Erwin can create chances for himself, has a better first touch, more pace and better skill.

I looked at a thread on P&B from November 2014 about who has been your worse player of the season so far.... One of the most popular amongst Well fans was John Sutton!!

John Sutton is getting made out to be some magic man who single handedly would have saved our season.... Seriously.....