2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Have you two turned into Delilah? Got yer scissors oot, removed his luscious locks and now removed his power?

The downward spiral from the EPL to where he is now has been rapid and unforseen, but he is hardly read to be put out to pasture or sent to the glue factory as you appear to think he's only worth.

The best Scottish player of his generation, perhaps succumb to injury, but still has plenty to offer the club and the game.

Totally agree with the above post, but I'll also state that I love McFadden.

Love McCormack but McFadden produced at a higher level. Still time for Ross though.

If Faddy is looking to go into coaching then I'd like to see him earn his stripes at FP, whether that be with the strikers and/or kids.

Hopefully he has a last throw of the dice as a player though.

• Like 1

Maybe some sort of ambassador role at the club for Faddy,like Stevie Kirk previously?

Some of this talk is nuts. Really depends what Faddy wants to do. I doubt he wants to be an ambassador doing the hospitality at the age of 32!

I think he is done at SPFL level due to fitness issues. But, if he would take a drop down the leagues, he could continue playing.

If not, and he does want to get in to coaching then, doing his time at us, without a huge wage would be fine. Yeah, sign him on as a player too if it does not cost more. But he wouldn't be more than a back up back up.

Lives locally, maybe the latter would suit him.

For me Faddy is in a very exclusive club (with Clarkson) where the 'Well should look after him. I'd be sticking a contract offer similar to the one that brought O'Donnell back under his nose. Working mans basic wage with heavy appearance bonuses.

• Like 2

We've already brought him back and he was murder.

He's been back up in Scotland for two and a half years and barely made an impact. Signing him again would be the height of stupidity.

I agree, he has been murder, bar a couple of flashes. No point in a 3rd spell. Scottish Championship is now his level at best, due to the impact of injuries over the years. Shame but true.

• Like 1

While I agree that he is rapidly declining from his glory days, If the budget is there to offer him a basic contract with pay as you play bonuses I think there would be merit in having him in the squad. More for his the off the field experience with the younger guys - even as far as being a player coach - and used as a sub when required. Talent never disappears, just the legs that go.

If the contract we offered him means we can't sign another target, then we don't - simple. If we get into the season, he is still without a club, we have the budget, then no harm in offering him a deal like the one I suggested.

A lot of the talk surrounding Faddy is more sentimental than anything else. Even Faddy can't hide the fact that he has performed well below the level that he once was, however, if he was willing and I am not sure he is I would offer him a pay as you play deal (if he plays we pay him, if he doesn't we don't). I am desperate for Faddy to get back to a fraction of the level that he once was, however, I suspect his mind is willing but his body is weak. I have no doubt that he is a great person to have around the club, however, we are in no position to pay people a wage to act as a motivator.

• Like 1

I thought in his first few months back Faddy was excellent, and the last 3 months of the 2012/13 season was probably the best I've ever seen us play, certainly since Mcleish was manager.

His 2nd season never really got going at all, his lack of pre-season and the injury he got at morecambe(?) was almost certainly a factor in that, and he said himself he was close to chucking it and seemed to have lost the drive and determination we saw on his return.

Having said all that, he made 30 appearances in a team that finished 2nd in the league, he must've contributed something (even if it was allowing others room to play as he was being marked out the game)

I still think (perhaps it's hope?) he's got something to offer if he gets a proper pre-season under his belt and finds the motivation he had on his return.

• Like 2

Our days of charitable donations to already extremely wealthy over the hill players I'd hoped were behind us. Only the depth of feeling we all have for Faddy can be driving this mini movement for him to return again.

The sight of him jigging along scarf aloft post match at Pittodrie is the image I want to remember him by with his legendary status forever intact.

• Like 1

I thought in his first few months back Faddy was excellent, and the last 3 months of the 2012/13 season was probably the best I've ever seen us play, certainly since Mcleish was manager.

His 2nd season never really got going at all, his lack of pre-season and the injury he got at morecambe(?) was almost certainly a factor in that, and he said himself he was close to chucking it and seemed to have lost the drive and determination we saw on his return.

Having said all that, he made 30 appearances in a team that finished 2nd in the league, he must've contributed something (even if it was allowing others room to play as he was being marked out the game)

I still think (perhaps it's hope?) he's got something to offer if he gets a proper pre-season under his belt and finds the motivation he had on his return.

This is pretty much exactly as I see it too.

I think the proper pre-season or lack of them has been a significant factor in his less than sparkling last couple of seasons and I think there's room for one final last chance saloon for him if not here, at a similar level.

Easy to say in hindsight but whether Motherwell or wherever he should have made his decision much much earlier than he did when he chose to re-sign for us after that decent first six months. Had he got back right at the start of that pre-season who knows what he might have delivered but he's never ever got back to that level.

As it was he was some way behind everyone else, chasing his tail trying to catch up. When he got the injury at Cowdenbeath it took probably until about Christmas to get anywhere near the level we know we can reach. We got about a month of that, he got injured again and never really regained a starting place.

I wouldn't imagine signing for a team after the season started last year will have done much for him either.

No question there's a whack of sentimentality involved in my thinking but if the circumstances were right the very fact he is likely to have a full pre-season behind him would make me inclined not to dismiss the notion of a return completely out of hand.

I wouldn't say so.

I do think Ross McCormack should be a lot more involved with Scotland than he is.

I think McCormack's record is better - especially when it comes to goals (almost one every two games during his time at Cardiff and Leeds).

McFadden should have had the impact at Everton that McCarthy has now. I understand why people love him, and he deserves all the plaudits he receives - especially for being a stand-up guy with a commitment to our club. But I always felt a little disappointed that, after he left us, he never quite fulfilled his potential in the way guys like McLair and McAllister did.

McCormack or McFadden? This is can all be weighted in whatever way you want to support your preference.

McCormack might well have scored more goals and been transferred for larger sums but all goals have been at a lower level and I'm not sure if he's even played a game in the English top flight. McFadden whilst not faring as well as many might have hoped still managed to carve out a career over several seasons in the English top flight and was pretty much Scotland's talisman for half a decade. Each to their own to determine what has more merit.

But If you're having this debate then you might also have to consider the argument that Lee McCulloch trumps both McFadden and McCormack in terms of what they've achieved in England what with his progression from League One to a mainstay in the Wigan team in the top-flight.

I think McCormack's record is better - especially when it comes to goals (almost one every two games during his time at Cardiff and Leeds).

McFadden should have had the impact at Everton that McCarthy has now. I understand why people love him, and he deserves all the plaudits he receives - especially for being a stand-up guy with a commitment to our club. But I always felt a little disappointed that, after he left us, he never quite fulfilled his potential in the way guys like McLair and McAllister did.

McCormack has played 7/8 years in the Championship

Faddy played 7/8 years in the premiership & 1 champ.

Not saying McCromack hasn't scored more goals, just Think Faddy done better for himself when fit