Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 24 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Saw the highlights and my first reaction to Aberdeens goal was offside.

Much improved performance and actually looked like a pretty decent team yesterday.

Heard McGhees post match interview and thought that's an accurate assessment of the match. First time I've thought that in a long time!

Whatever has happened, it looks like the players are buying into the systems adopted and actually looked like they were enjoying playing again.

Hopefully, we can kick on from here and push on, up the table.

Noticed that quite a few players have been given game time as McGhee previously stated. It will be interesting to see who ups their game and if players that were deemed below par, actually have more about them than previously thought.

Looks like the players realise their jobs are at stake and have something to prove now.

Fingers crossed that this is the start of better things to come.

Better

Signs of McGhee's preferred pass and move preference. Plenty of movement off the ball, and shots that were actually on target.

Thought MM summed it up well enough, not entirely cliché free but a mile away from Cap'n Clichés endless drivel.

On which subject, McInnes is spouting a fair amount of p@sh these days . Trying hard to convince himself as much as anything.

Anyway , on to Rugby Park's plastic Subbuteo pitch with some optimism

Not long back from Aberdeen and that was a good game of football. We did lots of things right and would say we were generally the better team throughout. Problem was that they were a wee bit nippier than us in possession which meant they got a couple of free chances on the break when we couldn't quite scamper back quickly enough.

Josh Law was immense, especially second half. Johnson's final ball and decision making still needs work but at least he was getting into the right place to have a chance of doing something. Moult and Fletcher are two guys I really rate. Pearson superb also, minus one slack back pass and one moment of stupidity picking up another needless booking. We can't afford our best players picking up needless suspensions.

However one point we got for that, we need to go to Kilmarnock next week and at least not lose or it wasn't worthwhile.

Watching back the highlights after being up there yesterday.

Aberdeen's goal is onside. Watch as they take it. They setup with Pawlett in an offside position on the 6 yard box, Rooney then goes late into an offside position but runs back on as one of the Aberdeen players touches the ball with his hand before the freekick is taken (that must be the signal to move back). The other Aberdeen player then takes the freekick and by the time he kicks it Rooney is in line and onside. Rooney does give McManus a hefty shove in the back though which I think is foul. Pawlett is in an offside position when it is taken but never touches it so will be deemed inactive.

Our goal, Skippy does similar from the point of view he givea the Dons defender a wee nudge. Not as blatant as Rooney though.

Their disallowed goal is offside. So, McInnes is wrong on that one. Reynolds is ahead of our last defender and the ball moves forward. Simple one.

I thought the rule was changed to narrow down what is considered inactive. If pawlett being in an offside position was seen to influence the play, then he should have been given offside. In this case id argue that the whole point of his positioning was to distract the defenders.

• Like 1

Rule is:

Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or

interfering with an opponent or

gaining an advantage by being in that position

It is a shite rule...leaves so much open to the opinion of the ref to decide in a split second.

Rooney never gets back onside, he is always in front of the motherwell defence.

Agreed. I watched it on Motherwell FC channel on youtube and stopped the video just as the free kick was taken. He was half a yard offside at that point. Pawlett is irrelevant, Rooney was off.

Sadly , as the saying goes, if your auntie had a pair of baws, she'd be your uncle.

Wonder of wonders , Marv returned from his out of body experience . And Josh Law seemed possessed by the spirit of Danny Alves at times.

Oh , and the Arabs got royally pumped.

Better weekend than we've had for a while.

Not really complaining, it's not an easy shout for the linesman as it was very tight and he couldn't be in line with the taker and Rooney at the same time. In general, I'm in favour of giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, and this time it worked against us.

Just pleased we turned in a performance.

I thought the rule was changed to narrow down what is considered inactive. If pawlett being in an offside position was seen to influence the play, then he should have been given offside. In this case id argue that the whole point of his positioning was to distract the defenders.

I think he positioned there to destract the linesman so Rooney can run behind the defenders

Good call Texan, clever move on their part. Still, not going to complain at a point away from home.

The chances we created at the end were encouraging, and Robinson really should have converted one of his three. Maybe we can employ an ice hockey style system where we have two forward lines who play half of the game each. Maybe bara was a visionary