Scottish Cup - Fifth Round Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 6 Feb 15:00

prideoflanarkshire

True.

Everyone put the pitchforks down and step back from the abyss. Haha.

As for the game...think I would maybe go 4-3-2-1.

Ripley

Law Hall McManus Hammersmith

Gomis Lasley Pearson

Ainsworth Johnson (as wingers, not behind the striker)

Skippy

Wasn't for changing the 442 but that seems to be not really working.

I'd drop Johnson for Moult, our most consistent player, this is our main chance to make something of this season (however I accept putting a good run of results together opens up Euro places due to how tight the middle of the league is).

Ainsworth deserves a start after being unfairly blamed in isolation.

As for the calls to shoot, Aberdeen showed that 20-25 yard efforts, even against arguably the best keeper in the league, often work opposed to trying to walk it into the back of the net.

I hope McGhee reminds them of how they must have felt after Celtic at Parkhead and offers that or the bus back from Tynecastle as an incentive to perform. Almost every diddy team has had a visit to Hampden since 2011, quite a few of them walking away with silverwear, its key for us to get something out of this match.

True.

Ripley

Gomis Lasley Pearson

Skippy

That's got the potential to be an excellent side.

The problem thus far with playing Ainsworth and Johnson is that we've had little cover in the centre of the park - bringing in Gomis to kick folk will help in that sense. I'd perhaps be tempted to put Gomis in the centre and bring in Cadden instead of Lasley, and swap Skippy for Moult, but otherwise ok.

As much as I disagreed with McGhee's reaction the other night, there's still a big chance for Lionel to step up. There's a reason we've been playing Marvin ahead of him after all.

True.

Ripley

Gomis Lasley Pearson

Skippy

I like the sound of our new LB in that line up haha

Id give Lionel a shot up front, Point to prove, lightning quick,great striker of a ball,good finisher and doesnt matter if he slacks a bit defensively. Drop Las for Gomis and the rest as is.

Ripley

Law , McManus , Hall , Hammell

Cadden , Gomis , Pearson , Johnson

Ainsworth , Moult

(Bench)

McDonald,Lasley,Thomas,Kennedy,Watt

Not really bothered about the result tomorrow, just looking forward to the privilege of watching Iain Vigurs again for 90 minutes.

Can you imagine what it will be like on here if he sends a 25 yard screamer into the top corner in the 90th minute?

Don't understand why so many are ready to drop Lasley, when he's on his game we are generally in with a chance, when he's out we tend to be very poor. Maybe one of the statos can shed some light as how we perform with him?

• Like 1

Don't understand why so many are ready to drop Lasley, when he's on his game we are generally in with a chance, when he's out we tend to be very poor. Maybe one of the statos can shed some light as how we perform with him?

not really a fair comparison tho. Before, without him meant Leitch/Taylor/Laing would replace him. Now, Gomis would and Gomis is a better player than Keef will ever be. The fact is "Keef" is a near 40 year old very limited footballer. He gives 100% and has been a great servant but he is slow,his tackling is poor,passing is average and goal threat non existant.

Pearson is a far superior attacking midfielder. Gomis is a far superior defensive midfielder. Logical that the housewifes favourite is the one to drop out

Regardless of result tomorrow can I ask all who read this and are attending the game tomorrow to applaud for the 23rd minute in honour of Ben Miller. A 23 year old disabled fan who passed away last week. His life revolved around Motherwell and it will be a nice gesture to honour him in this way.

Thanks

• Like 10

Regardless of result tomorrow can I ask all who read this and are attending the game tomorrow to applaud for the 23rd minute in honour of Ben Miller. A 23 year old disabled fan who passed away last week. His life revolved around Motherwell and it will be a nice gesture to honour him in this way.

Thanks

Absolutely mate, part of the 'Well family.

• Like 1

Just listened to the pre match with Mark McGhee.

Typically verbose, but that's the name of the game I suppose.

What saddens me more is that , as per Twitter, only Clyde turned up.

Two Premiership clubs, the Scottish Cup, the Holders. And clearly nobody else actually gives a flying f*ck. Quite disappointing, to put it mildly...

The STV evening news sport bulletin's football coverage comprised solely the East Kilbride V Celtic game. That is one reason why Scots football is in the state its in.

Exactly. I read this at the end of last year - sad, but in no way unexpected.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/scottish-football-learned-nothing-from-barry-hearn-1-3949710

Just listened to the pre match with Mark McGhee.

Typically verbose, but that's the name of the game I suppose.

What saddens me more is that , as per Twitter, only Clyde turned up.

Two Premiership clubs, the Scottish Cup, the Holders. And clearly nobody else actually gives a flying f*ck. Quite disappointing, to put it mildly...

Worth pointing out that is the broadcast press conference. The written press have a separate, and every major daily paper was represented.

• Like 1

I'd rather wait and throw him in vs Killie personally. Who would you drop? Lasley? Or Cadden and play Pearson on the left and Johnson on the right I suppose might work.

I don't know if you listened to Mark McGhee's interview, but he mentioned that Gomis had been brought in as replacement/cover for Lasley.