2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Heading to Hibs I understand

That's a new one... Same as Ben Hall was recently? 3rd season in second tier - Hibs will have an inflated squad culled & costs cut club wide this year.

Concerning if our talent are swayed before we even have them any first team experience, but, guess that's for another debate.

That's a new one... Same as Ben Hall was recently? 3rd season in second tier - Hibs will have an inflated squad culled & costs cut club wide this year.

Concerning if our talent are swayed before we even have them any first team experience, but, guess that's for another debate.

Leith. Hibs. I'm guessing it was a joke.

Think the Faddy one baffles most, particularly when McGhee is talking about a squad of 20 and every penny being accounted for. McGhee must be convinced he still has a lot to offer with the right fitness regime.

Do they still do pay as you play deals? Could be what Faddy is doing. I.e, costing us FA but good to have around, and keeps alive his dream of returning to first team football.

You've had one there...

• Like 1

6 players gone that contributed little to our success this season with the exception of Ripley and to be honest I'd be happy enough if Samson came in to replace him.

Even with wage cuts that should still be enough to bring in maybe 2 or 3 new players who can perhaps contribute more.

Also happy enough with the players offered new contracts with a few reservations.

I've made my views known on Craig Moore, one of those situations where I think it is more in the clubs benefit than the players development to sign on for another season. James McFadden, an all time great, but his injuries are a big concern. Unlike Moore, David Ferguson didn't pull up any trees while on loan at Airdrie and hasn't really impressed when given the chance in our team. A young player and difficult to judge but I have a few niggling doubts that he'll make it at this level.

Apparently in one of the papers today that we want to take a 21 year old winger, Michael Duffy on a season long loan from Celtic.

Without knowing anything about him, how does this fit in with our supposed business plan and philosophy? Surely bringing in a young player on loan from another side just stunts the development of the likes of Thomas and MacLean?

Duffy played for Alloa this season. Doesn't seem to have made a big impression.

Alloa had an absolutely wretched season. They didn't win a home match all season until the 9th of April!

I'm saying it's probably hard to judge anyone one individual player in such a situation. He played almost every game so he was obviously viewed as one of the better players in the squad.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/17/hearts-and-hibernian-make-contact-with-prolific-free-agent-dayle/

Apparently we are interested in Dayle Southwell of Boston United, along with half the SPL by the looks of it. Free agent for Scottish teams. Scored 50+ goals over the last 2 seasons.

Goals galore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7o7TXnlFHgQ

I would guess that of the 3 named Scots clubs, all three will outbid us if they want this player. Then of course there's the unnamed clubs. I don't like such information being made public. It smacks of a player's agent or club's agent trying to whip up an auction. Traditionally we tend to keep matters quiet and thats the best way.

Neil Alexander is an interesting one. He is 38 but that doesn't mean we couldn't get a season or two out of him as goalkeepers are different.

He has had a good career and hopefully, for him, made a decent living from it so perhaps his demands in terms of wages may not be beyond the realms of possibility for us. I can only see it as a runner though if Samson decides not to stay.