The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

There is interest in a couple of players and we will sell if the money is right, Moult being a most obvious one but there a couple others teams have been watching.

Unfortunately it would be no great surprise if clubs were interested in taking Hartley off Blackpool's hands.

There seems to be negotiations ongoing to keep Hartley - he certainly appears to be enjoying is first team football. If he did move on, he's running the risk of ending up on the bench again. I know it's not quite the same situation, but Liam Grimshaw is a good example of how things can go wrong that way.

• Like 1

Could Carl McHugh be one to move on in January? Normally I'd say that the club captain would be untouchable but Robbo has never been afraid to shy away from difficult decisions. McHugh hasn't been performing this season and last night wasn't the first time he's been taken off. Thats not normal for a captain.

Could Carl McHugh be one to move on in January? Normally I'd say that the club captain would be untouchable but Robbo has never been afraid to shy away from difficult decisions. McHugh hasn't been performing this season and last night wasn't the first time he's been taken off. Thats not normal for a captain.

Its funny Dave I found myself thinking along these lines last night. He got subbed almost immediately after his booking. He has regressed this season, thought he was terrific last season but seems slower now in both thought and execution. Is captaincy weighing too heavily and inhibiting him or is it Hartley's big personality and massive influence on the team, maybe way wide of the mark on both but its a recurring thought, especially when i saw Hartley geeing him up in the Hibs game.

I believe centre half is his best position, he seems to need too long on the ball in midfield and teams are targetting that. We are also short on cover there especially given Kipre and Hartley are racking up a few bookings.

Be interesting how this pans out.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I believe centre half is his best position, he seems to need too long on the ball in midfield and teams are targetting that. We are also short on cover there especially given Kipre and Hartley are racking up a few bookings.

Be interesting how this pans out.

Agreed. Until recently I too thought that his best position was midfield but now I too think its in defence. So far Robbo hasn't been frightened to make big decisions.

Not too sure if McHugh has regressed as such, but he is playing in a much fitter more dynamic team so much harder to shine and maybe his weaknesses are being highlighted more as a result? I do wonder about the captaincy though. He seemed the obvious choice close season but that was before the arrival of Peter Hartley. I dont think he can have any complaints re the games he has been subbed but it is an issue for him as captain. Probably not a decision that can be reviewed until close season once we find out if Hartley is staying or not.

I still think we've got our Moult replacement in Fisher.

I'm not wholly convinced of Fisher. Newell is a young lad who has had injury problems. If Moult leaves next month we're going to have to bring in another striker either as a first pick or as back up. We're going to need somebody who hits the ground running. True, he's not had a run of games to prove himself but hasn't shown much when he has appeared. Robbo has a decent track record of bringing in new signings but even the best like wee Tommy signed a more few duds.

We don't want to be in a position next month where our main goalscorer, Moult, leaves and we promote someone to find out if he's any good or not, especially at the last minute.

Fisher might yet come good but he didn't do much at Inverness and hasn't made much of an impact with us yet.

In his latest interview Robinson says they already have January targets lined up - partly to freshen the squad and partly to replace anyone that leaves. He didn't mention Moult specifically, but I think that was being implied.

I think if McInnes eventually goes to the h**s, there is a fairly good chance that they'll make an approach for Moult at Christmas.

That is a very depressing thought!

Lining up against us at all would be hard to take, but for them?

Really hoping he see's his future down south.

• Like 1

That is a very depressing thought!

Lining up against us at all would be hard to take, but for them?

Really hoping he see's his future down south.

I had thought Moults been up here long enough to know how much a basket case Rangers are. That normally should be good enough yo keep him away however i heard Mark Guidy on the radio the other night saying Rangers are paying Pena and Alves £30k per week. Sounds ludicrus but if true and they offer Moult that then of course he's away regardless of whether an English club closer to his family home come in for him.

• Like 1

I had thought Moults been up here long enough to know how much a basket case Rangers are. That normally should be good enough yo keep him away however i heard Mark Guidy on the radio the other night saying Rangers are paying Pena and Alves £30k per week. Sounds ludicrus but if true and they offer Moult that then of course he's away regardless of whether an English club closer to his family home come in for him.

It depends on what offers if any Moult has if he does get an offer from an English championship club then I would expect it would come with a decent wage, but if Sevco are the only option with a ridiculous wage on offer then I would not blame him for taking it, your family and financial security come first, we would all do the same in our own jobs.

I think if McInnes eventually goes to the h**s, there is a fairly good chance that they'll make an approach for Moult at Christmas.

I hope not. Given the alleged interest of English clubs, I think he'll end up down there. If Aberdeen show the slightest interest I'll need to stop listening to BBC Aberdeen, sorry Sportsound.

I am not convinced that McInnes will go to Rangers. The job there has poisoned chalice written all over it. So many things wrong with that club, on so many levels.

If they do move for Moult, you would think that it would be in terms of a pre contract signing with him moving in the summer. I doubt Rangers have the cash to meet our valuation.

• Andy_P locked this topic