Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Kilmarnock Tue 16 May 19:45

Wallace_MFC

We are currently in a much better position after Saturday's result. That can change.This is not a "must win" game now, but it definitely falls into the "must not lose" category, and for a side who can be classified as mentally weak, that is not the best place to be.

The best way to approach this game has to be to ignore the Accies game and try and take care of our own business.

so you need to exchange your voucher by mid-day today to get the benefits of the promotion, doesn't give much of a chance to those who work/at school to take advantage, even less of a chance considering i don't live in motherwell and have zero chance of making it to fir park before 12pm or before the ticker office closes any other night of the week. a good promotion, but poorly planned!! the voucher itself should be enough.

Really hoping for a decent turnout tonight to cheer the boys on, we definitely aren't out of the wood yet. To be honest I don't think Hamilton will get anything in Dingwall so I think a positive result could see us safe. Time to grind this out so that we can quickly turn our attention to the complete overall this squad is going to require in the summer. Really hoping Hammell can make this because the prospect of throwing Jules in gives me the fear.

Any guesses what the attendance will be like tonight? I doubt Killie will bring many with them already being safe and not really having much to play for but I would hope we could get around 5,500 there tonight.

so you need to exchange your voucher by mid-day today to get the benefits of the promotion, doesn't give much of a chance to those who work/at school to take advantage, even less of a chance considering i don't live in motherwell and have zero chance of making it to fir park before 12pm or before the ticker office closes any other night of the week. a good promotion, but poorly planned!! the voucher itself should be enough.

Yes, simply no chance that we can take advantage of it for this very reason.

Yes, simply no chance that we can take advantage of it for this very reason.

I think some people queried this on Twitter and asked why the voucher was not enough. Seems it was a police decision who wanted a more solid idea on the likely attendance.

Although I have my free ticket, I completely sympathise with those who couldn't take advantage. It was more luck than anything else that my ST holding mate could get to Fir Park last week to exchange his voucher.

There is the idea that the club are worried about if fans were just using the voucher at the turnstile, they would lose out on gate money, as people with spares would just be handing them to anyone intending on paying at the gate. It does seem a bit weird worrying about gate money when you have this scheme going right enough. I think it would be rare that a 'Well fan going to the game tonight wouldn't be able to find a season ticket holder to get them in for free, but the process just makes it awkward for people to take it up.

Can understand the club's concerns to an extent but it often seems that any scheme to try and get people to Fir Park is hard work.

How's it poorly planned? They put the promotion out two weeks ago
  • Like 1

I think some people queried this on Twitter and asked why the voucher was not enough. Seems it was a police decision who wanted a more solid idea on the likely attendance.

Although I have my free ticket, I completely sympathise with those who couldn't take advantage. It was more luck than anything else that my ST holding mate could get to Fir Park last week to exchange his voucher.

Snap my m8 couldn't get there before 12. Anyone here got a spare comp? if not il just pay in

Must admit never really re the original release properly and just thought it was passing the voucher to my mate.........thank fully read the email sent at 1816 last night and popped up today,I luckily only stay 2 minute drive away,there were a few in the q in the same boat as me....hadn't read it properly and thought it was just voucher at the gate........

Nice the club doing initiatives like this but I think it would have taken a £5/10 PATG entry to have any sort of the impact on crowd numbers. This would have been great given the importance of the game but not sure the fan ownership can swallow this sort of loss in moneys. Hopefully we will see a 4k plus crowd tonight but I'm not optmistic.

Nice the club doing initiatives like this but I think it would have taken a £5/10 PATG entry to have any sort of the impact on crowd numbers. This would have been great given the importance of the game but not sure the fan ownership can swallow this sort of loss in moneys. Hopefully we will see a 4k plus crowd tonight but I'm not optmistic.

I'd be pretty disappointed with a sub 4k crowd tonight. I would have thought we would have seen a 3.5k crowd on a mid-season Tuesday night against the likes of Killie, but given the importance of the game combined with winning at the weekend and the free ticket offer it would be quite poor if we couldn't get at least another 500 hardy souls to come along.

Edit : I agree with your initial point though, a £10 adult and free for under 16's initiative or something along those lines would have been preferable.

How's it poorly planned? They put the promotion out two weeks ago

Poorly planned because it was a shambles, I'd suggest

I got notified 2 days ago as a Well society member

only notified as a season ticket holder last night.

its the basic business of the club and ours seems to react to it like its the first time its ever happened, in fact I'd go as far as to say for years with only a handful of very dedicated but overstretched staff , the club was more efficient and on the ball.

For the sake of it I also went and reviewed the offical website , 8 days ago was the announcement, just a couple of days after the majority of season ticket holders were at the ground .......

maybe you're thinking about an offer that was put out for Ross county game a few weeks ago, that was notified on here? aye, that one..., cracking planning, nae bother.

Still, got away from work early, not with any real optimism, but more in amazement at the hallucinogenic effect a Louis Moult goal has had on a few thousand punters, looking for some of that goodstuff, and hoping Killie have downed tools for the summer.

• Like 1