League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Moult and Campbell will understandably take a lot of the plaudits tonight, but what a performance from Ryan Bowman.

What a transformation we've seen from him over the last few months. He put in a shift and a half tonight, and his partnership with Moult is looking like it'll be very, very productive.

• Like 1

No complaints about Kipre, Cadden or Fisher getting booked but Hammell's was soft. Did Grimshaw kick the ball away at the third?

Christie's could have been red but I thought Fisher's was pretty wild as well. I'd have taken Christie and Fisher both suspended for Sunday!

They had a few other challenges which deserved bookings, particularly on Moult. By the end it looked as though they were putting in a few frustrated challenges with injuries for Sunday in mind.

• Like 1

It's nights like tonight that give me the sickener for living so far away.

That was one of those matches that will live in the memory for many moons to come. A fabulous result from a phenomenal team performance and I envy everyone who was there.

I know it's still early in the season and some are quite justifiably curbing their enthusiasm over the Robinson revolution until the end of the first round of matches. But for me, even if this just a run, a streak, a flash in the pan .... then at least we'll have a long awaited cup run and tonight to remember.

According to SPFL Website - the game is on Saturday 21st October

​Best outcome for those like me who fancy a few beers without worrying about overdoing it for the Monday.

Did not manage to get along last night a been travelling all week and on way to Manchester since 6am. Disappointed but sadly work comes 1st for now anyway.

I watched the game on BT and for once after we went 2-0 up was very confident we would not blow it. Almost a surreal feeling being a well fan of 40+ years. The zero in 3-0 cannot be understated. In the past we have scored plenty of goals, but we have a decent defence and keeper and strong midfield.

It was a great game to watch and the joy at the 3rd goal - WOW. I am delighted that no other team were prepared to pay more than £400k for Louis. Delighted but baffled also. Unlikely he will sign anew contract and it is a shame but totally understand. He needs to look after his family and he is one player that will and should not get any ill will from fans. My concern is we lose him at Xmas. We are a selling club and if a similar offer comes in with half a season left we may have little option but to take it.

I am buzzing. Heading along on Sunday and expect a much tougher game. Most Well fans knew our team was much better than last season. Now the rest of the league and more so Aberdeen know it. It is no longer a surprise.

Day off today, watched the whole game again. You manage to get a different perspective from the tv. What a performance from every player on the park. The intensity they showed from kick off to the final whistle was incredible. There is no way we should fear rangers in the semi, as long as the ref allows it to be a level playing field. Robinson won't need to worry about changing our play to match them. Just do what we're doing a let them worry about us. Thought the pundits for once were fare to us. Though when did Garry McAllister morph into Tim Vine.

Well I got my prediction completely wrong happy to say. I thought we'd play well, but like Derek McInnes, understimated our own lads. It was a real team performance, probably the best for a number of years, with no failures. Hartley really impressed me at the back and Campbell ran, chased and harried all night in the engine room. I was sorry his great shot did not go in but it was Aberdeen after all. Up front, Moult and Bowman tormented Abderdeen all night with Louis capping a great night with a smashing goal from a tight angle.

I liked Robbo's comment that you have to fight and battle for the ball before you can do anything with it. Maybe Aberdeen were more streetwise but that wasn't enough to see us off. We looked comfortable throughout but if we had a failing it was defending a bit too deep at times but Carson in goal didn't have a huge amount to deal with despite a lot of Aberdeen pressure.

We were well organised and looked like a team, maybe even a cup team, with charcater in bucketloads. So credit is due to Robbo and Keef for that.

I thought Kevin Clancy had poor game although he didn't make any game changing blunders. He was very inconsistent, and pernickety at times. I had no problem with any of our yellow cards except for Hammy's. However Clancy should have awarded 2 yellow cards for fouls on Moult and surely it it was a straight red for Christie for a nasty assault on Tait borne out of a frustration no doubt. Given the niggles and inconsistent officiating, needle may well spill over into Sunday's clash.

I could cheerfully write pages on last night's game. Every single player performed. We never gave Aberdeen a minute, created more chances than them and kept our discipline better than them.

After the league cup group games, it looked like our midfield three was set as Cadden, McHugh and Bigirmana. Campbell and Rose have clearly had other ideas. Fair play to Tait as well. Out of position, the fact that we didn't need to rush Frear back last night is testament to the job he's doing.

The back three were pretty solid as well. Aberdeen created a few chances but over 90 minutes any team will have one or two. To pocket cash for Heneghan and the back three be no weaker (possibly stronger?) is some bit of business. Special word for Stevie Hammell. Some were concerned (I was probably one of them) that at his age, his lack of match sharpness might cost us. Aberdeen clearly thought so as they seemed to be targeting him early on. What we actually saw was his best performance in years. Really pleased for a guy that has earned legend status at Motherwell.

In the summer I said I didn't think Moult and Bowman would work as a partnership. Don't I look like a fucking idiot? Bowman stretching his foot out to poke the ball to Moult was as big a part of the first goal as Lewis's fuck up. Bowman being knackered but willing to keep going even helped lead to our third. Fact he was chasing Considine down but that he was clearly running on empty made Considine switch off and he didn't see Moult coming.

Outstanding team performance, great atmosphere. I still can't stop smiling twelve hours later...

• Like 3

One thing that shouldn't be missed is the save carson made from Christie after that long run, that was huge. It says a lot about our other signings that Carson is flying under the radar (to an extent) considering the goalkeeping troubles we've had in recent years.

• Like 2

That was a great performance last night. I wasn't sure if the players would be able to get up for an important fixture so early in the season but our team were the ones who played to the importance of the fixture.

Hammell was brilliant. Swapping Henneghan for Hartley and 400 grand could be some of the best business we have ever done. Campbell was superb again, gutted he didn't get his goal.