Scottish Premiership Game 6: Hibernian (A) Saturday 16/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Was pishing myself laughing when I saw the guy take a tumble but fair play to him straight back up to celebrate but i bet his back and arse must be sore this morning. Sadly for him hes now caught for eternity on youtube highlights.LOL

He went down with an almighty thud - right behind me - one of those get up "I'm not hurt, hope nobody saw me" moments. Hope he's OK but he will be sore this morning of that I've no doubt ouch!!!

He went down with an almighty thud - right behind me - one of those get up "I'm not hurt, hope nobody saw me" moments. Hope he's OK but he will be sore this morning of that I've no doubt ouch!!!

Likewise I saw him walking out and seemed to be OK , hope so. But hey its one he can talk about for years .. did the self same thing at Tynecastle when I was 18 and it was caught on Scotsport but but luckily for me nae youtube and social media in they days. If the lads got any sense he will just rip the pish outta himself wie it thats what I did...

Surprised to hear Robinson say it was our best performance of the season. I thought the first 45 we had more unforced errors than I've seen all season and defensively we looked a wee bit all over the shop at times. Cads looked exposed and unsupported at the back and Dunne got ripped quite a few times. That said, credit to the players for limiting a decent Hibs side to only a handful of clear cut chances.

Second 45 was something different all together and as has already been said, shows the character in this squad.

I do think there is more to come from this team. While Bowman, Moult, Tait and Cad's aren't exactly slow I think Robinson is right in that we need real pace up front. Once Frear is back or if the boy Petravicus comes good then that'll add a whole other dimension to our play. Not saying we'll be finishing 3rd and winning a cup, but we could be in for a right enjoyable season here.

The highlights didn't show the Bowman or Tanner chances near the end which were both flagged as offside which Alba showed to be wrong decisions.

A cracking game of football - glad I went. Obviously Hibs didn't expect that size of a support. Bonkers to have that amount of congestion when they could easily have moved the segregation barrier along a bit.

How do you justify that after 25 minutes of the game, or so? Defensively we were weaker down our right side yesterday and of the 2 sides thats where mosre of the danger originated.

If you watch the highlights on the club Youtube channel you see him (1) Completely lose Murray who should have scored (2) Completely lose Boyle before the penalty (3) Get out jumped by Stokes at the back post. All before half time. There was also another very similar header and a NFL esque tackle that the referee somehow ignored.

You can argue that he has been hard done by with reffing decisions but his style of play is always going to lead to that. He's got some catalogue of errors for only having played seven games against Premiership teams and he'll either need to cut it out or he'll be out the team.

We've got a bit of squad depth now so it would be good to see what Plummer offers or use Hammell as Robinson did last week.

Tanner looked very sharp. The double chance that Bowman had started with Tanner on the right and by the time the ball had been played out the left, it was Tanner who popped up again to make the pass to Bowman.

And, yes, he was a yard on when the offside was given.

Really enjoyed the game on Alba. I think maybe Robinson liked the fact our tempo and intensity was there in the first half too - albeit with some mistakes. Campbell's first tackle laid down a great early marker.

• Like 1

If you watch the highlights on the club Youtube channel you see him (1) Completely lose Murray who should have scored (2) Completely lose Boyle before the penalty (3) Get out jumped by Stokes at the back post. All before half time. There was also another very similar header and a NFL esque tackle that the referee somehow ignored.

You can argue that he has been hard done by with reffing decisions but his style of play is always going to lead to that. He's got some catalogue of errors for only having played seven games against Premiership teams and he'll either need to cut it out or he'll be out the team.

We've got a bit of squad depth now so it would be good to see what Plummer offers or use Hammell as Robinson did last week.

................ yet you ignore the fact that Kipre got ripped a new one for the first 30 minutes on the opposite flank :fuck:

A lot to be positive about after yesterday. Another great 2nd half performance, some individual performances too and of course a convincing comeback away from home against a good hibs team. Felt we might have gone on to win it in fact.

Looking at the bigger picture, this time last year we would have lost that 3 or 4 nil after going 2 down. A lot of credit due to Robinson for the change in attitude around the place.

I agree but he's got an impossible task with the massive gap between him and Cadden. That needs sorted or Aberdeen will punish us.

Yet ... you decide to overlook (conveniently again) the fact that Dunne is working under similar conditions on the left-hand side, with our first choice right back. Dunne, like the rest of the team, gave a pleasing and comfortable performance after weathering the expected early onslaught from the hosts. Little between the flanks IMO, yet we get the constant criticism of one individual - I suppose it's the 'Motherwell way'. We look far more physical and mobile with him there than with Hammell, again IMO. Happy to trust Robinson's opinions and selection decisions - that includes the selection of Andy Rose, another singled out for unfair criticism, again IMO, by the usual suspects.

• Like 3

First away game I've managed in a while, but was determined to make it as it had the makings of a decent contest, and so it proved.

The character of this side is superb, a real togetherness and belief. Even after falling 2 behind I immediately said to my mates we were far from out of things, and in the end I really thought we were going to sneak it.

Really looking forward to the Aberdeen double header now and have a feeling there's a Hampden visit on the cards this season.

Kudos to Robinson and the management team for the overall positive vibes around the club at the moment , what a difference being a 'Well fan just now compared to the last few years.

Kipre didn't do anything as bad as Dunne losing Murray and Boyle and it was nothing to do with formations just really poor defending.

He'll be out the team on Thursday anyway and ideally we keep a clean sheet.

Seriously....one of the incidents you blame Dunne for actually came from Kipre getting skinned and allowing the cross into the box to start with, don't see you criticising that - guess you must like Kipre a lot to escape your wrath.

Kipre didn't do anything as bad as Dunne losing Murray and Boyle and it was nothing to do with formations just really poor defending.

Umm, how about their second goal where he tries to fanny about with it instead of launching it into row Z?

I don't totally disagree with you as I thought Dunne had a shaky start, but I think "bombscare" is a tad harsh when you consider what we witnessed last season. It was hardly Zak Jules!

Kipre certainly blew it for the second goal. Looked like he was trying to play a cute pass instead of just belting it away.

Easy to forget he's just a youngster, though, and still a bit raw. Hopefully he'll learn.

Dunne is a bit older, but been out the game for a while. I think he needs game time to adjust to the Scottish game and not sure a spell in the 20s will do him as much good as first team action

On a side note, do the spfl still take action against dives? If so boyles yesterday was a stick on. Did the st Johnstone boy (Cummins was it?) get any retrospective punishment?

No he didn't. I think it was euphemistically "accepted" by the powers that be that he did all he could to stay upright but simply caught his studs in the turf. That doesn't explain though why he did not plead Dunne's case with Craig Thomson and failed to hold his hands up to say it wasn't a penalty.

The last player cited for simulation I think was Alex Schalk of Ross County against Celtic late last season.

I would expect us to contest Tait's yellow card and will be disappointed if we don't.

Some of the chat on here just shows how some players can do no wrong in the eyes of some and others are condemned for doing similar. I am one of Kipre's biggest fans but he was at fault for their second goal. Robinson said as much in his post match interview. Dunne got done by a good 1-2 but it is still doubtful if it was a pen. The tinted specs though will blame the steady player and back the flamboyant. We all loved Cedric's run at the end but it does not hide the fact that he is raw and will make mistakes. On the same theme Carl McHugh has gained cult status mainly because he was the player we were missing last season and if he had been playing we would have been further up the league. When he did come back he played very well but that was at centre half. I feel he has been our poorest midfielder this season yet he is immune from criticism and Rose is the player most are picking on. I would suggest that the midfielder whose place most under threat is our captain.

However as far as the game is concerned that is one we would have lost last season. The spirit and belief in the team is great. Someone earlier in the thread said they watched the game on Alba not knowing the score and when we went 2 down they fast forwarded. I also watched it not knowing the score. I didn't give up because I believed we were well in the game and if we scored next would give it a real go. I wouldn't have had that feeling last year.

We have a goalie who commands his area, a set of strong, physical defenders and I think Hartley will be a good signing and leader. There are great options on the bench as the last two games have shown and we have King Louis up front. Just one word of negative about him. He needs to cool his jets as far as referees are concerned. He ran fifty yards to argue with the ref at the penalty and got booked. We cannot afford him to miss games for silly bookings.

• Like 3

Aye I don't think that being unlucky with the break of a bobbling ball is as bad as switching off and losing your man.

As for a cross coming in so what? There are dozens of crosses in every game.

Ffs you need to watch the highlights again. You've just imagined that. Kipre was well beaten by their no 20 no bobbling ball, either at the game or on YouTube. Of course there are dozens of crosses, but only the one you used to justify your opinion.

EDIT - OK re-read your post, presume your referring to the comment about the second goal - might have made it clearer by quoting which post you were responding to.

The highlights didn't show the Bowman or Tanner chances near the end which were both flagged as offside which Alba showed to be wrong decisions.

A cracking game of football - glad I went. Obviously Hibs didn't expect that size of a support. Bonkers to have that amount of congestion when they could easily have moved the segregation barrier along a bit.

And sorted out the catering for away fans. I had t wait 28 minutes at half-time to get my kid something to eat.

• Like 1

Obviously Hibs didn't expect that size of a support. Bonkers to have that amount of congestion when they could easily have moved the segregation barrier along a bit.

100% agree. One of my pet hates at away grounds. Why do some clubs insist on taping off a very restricted or tight and inflexible area for visitors in stands with plenty of capacity? Often I've seen our fans struggle to pick out the odd empty seat while common sense dictates that stewards simply move the tape a few metres. I'm not talking about seats being left empty for security cordons. I'm not suggesting they open up thousands of seats in an otherwise empty stand but come on opening up a few more rows wouldn't take monumental planning or organisation. Thats one thing at Fir Park we are usually fairly generous to away supports in this regard.

• Like 2