Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

On 12/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I would ask the Q why are we even debating it or discussing it.

Yes it is a message board but we are so shit and he is so shit - we have recently beaten Aberdeen, drawn with Celtic and won away in Perth. 

I get a sense that if we won every game some on here would say we should get of Robbo because we have not won every game by 3 clear goals. 

I would agree if we were sitting where the bottom 2 are - but we are not. 

He put out a reserve side tonight which after the injuries same time last year was the right thing to do. We have taken full strength teams to the tattiedome and been beaten by bigger margins. 

Settle.

St Mirren fans saying the same no doubt, beat Hearts ,drew with Hibs and won a crunch match with Motherwell.  And that reserve side ploy against Celtic ,saving ourselves for today ....how’d that go.

18 months with no width. No left back. Guys who cannot control or pass the ball.

That was terrible today but it's the same shite we have been served up since Robinson arrived. If Burrows has any bottle at all he will bin him tonight, there is zero point in persevering with the same dire tactics every single week. How long are we meant to watch this for?

• Like 2

Time for the dreaded vote of confidence Mr Burrows. Then bin Robinson during the winter break. It isn't just about today it's about months of dreadfull hoofball  It's about the awfull 3-5-2 formation. It's about the spineless duffers like Frear, Big I and ATS to name a few there's more. It's about shoehorning players into positions they don't feel comfortable in and mostly of all it's about us loyal fans who've had to watch this crap for 2 seasons now. ROBINSON OUT.

Burrows is as much to blame for this as Robbo but he keeps getting an easy ride as he’s a fan and some of our fickle happy crappy support are mates with him and wouldn’t dare let the facts get in the way of their mate who gives them a response on twitter. The truth is robbo has signed a squad of duds and burrows has signed off on it and wasted precious money on absolute shite . It’s an old pals act though and they are sadly untouchable . Our tactics are from the stone age and the entertainment value is zero. How long canRobbo and flow hide behind two cup finals that we reached and then never turned up in. And the sooner people realise the spin doctor shite about our profit and turnover is down to two big transfer fees and has fuck all to do with Robbos ability as a manager or burrows as a chief executive . If any of the two of them were decent our bank balance would be much better than it is right now . We need shot of both of them now before we hit rock bottom . 

Worst motherwell team in my lifetime and it’s not even worth watching anymore . Will burrows sack him to save his own job !!!!!or maybe he can fall back to his photography role he’s qualified for . 

Sorry but up until today was prepared to give him benefit of the doubt 

BUT how can anyone explain those substitutions today ……… the back 3 were doing fine and never at any time look under pressure 

The obvious problem was the midfield where Grimshaw was a waste of a jersey McHugh couldn’t pass water and for god sake please please get Tait back to right hand side where he belongs 

And as for Main he canny even foul people properly and couldn’t score in a barrel of F****y’s

So we end up with 4 forwards on ( 3 of whose 1st touch is a pass) and no one to get the ball to them

Im afraid I think he has lost the plot and it’s tie for him to GO and GO now

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Motherwellfc1991 said:

Burrows is as much to blame for this as Robbo but he keeps getting an easy ride as he’s a fan and some of our fickle happy crappy support are mates with him and wouldn’t dare let the facts get in the way of their mate who gives them a response on twitter. The truth is robbo has signed a squad of duds and burrows has signed off on it and wasted precious money on absolute shite . It’s an old pals act though and they are sadly untouchable . Our tactics are from the stone age and the entertainment value is zero. How long canRobbo and flow hide behind two cup finals that we reached and then never turned up in. And the sooner people realise the spin doctor shite about our profit and turnover is down to two big transfer fees and has fuck all to do with Robbos ability as a manager or burrows as a chief executive . If any of the two of them were decent our bank balance would be much better than it is right now . We need shot of both of them now before we hit rock bottom . 

Worst motherwell team in my lifetime and it’s not even worth watching anymore . Will burrows sack him to save his own job !!!!!or maybe he can fall back to his photography role he’s qualified for . 

Really ? Burrows as well. 

5 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Correct they actually made the team worse if that was at all possible 

Not for the first time this season has the team looked worse after we have made all our substituitions,the club's master plan of strenghtening the bench over the summer,has clearly worked.

Robinson will quit before he is fired, whenever that is. He’s nowhere near as bad as a lot of people think he is, and the club have a far higher opinion of him than most of us. It also costs money to fire managers.

On one hand he is meeting the remit he was given (exceeded by some margin last year) under pretty tight constraints. On the other we can stay in 10th until the last game of the season then get relegated. So we need to be careful to spot the difference between inconsistency and freefall. So far we’ve been able to pull out results when things look bleak, and my guess is the board will gamble on that, pretty much the way that Hamilton have stuck with their guy for so long.

And despite the “who cares who comes in, anyone’s better than him” attitude from those who have never let go of the disappointment of us taking him instead of a more sexy option, if the club makes the decision to fire him they better have a good option lined up. We all know that’s probably Lasley anyway, and I don’t know what that changes.

The new manager would have the same restrictions as Robinson with recruitment, because it costs money to get rid of players and we know that it will be on a one out for one in basis if that happens.

As with most managers, his recruitment has been a mixed bag. I think Carson, Gillespie, kipre, dunne, Hartley and Aldred have all been good. Tanner probably fits in that category, but we all seem to forget he was barely starting before his injury. His ability to sign a left back or a striker seems to be non existent though.

My main frustration with our recruitment is probably more the fault of the club than the manager, and that’s our refusal to recruit Scottish players and our fascination with the English lower leagues.

Overall, in the context of this season, I don’t see sacking him as something that makes a big difference, other than cheering up those who just don’t like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Normally I am a happy clapper of sorts but that was woeful today. Apart from Goalie and defence the rest of the team were awful. Wee Campbell has gone backwards of late. 

That subsitution. A draw v St Mirren whilst not great is better than defeat. I can get what they were thinking but subbing Mbulu for Bigi cost us the game.  I am sure there is a good footballer in Bigi and he has turned up once or twice, but for me he is more of a liability than as asset. His defending is worse than a 90 year old granny.  Maybe it is harsh but I would rather not see him play again. 

All that said the midfield and up front were poor too. 

Whilst we are out of the relegation places the club will stick by Robinson but many more days like that and his time is up. Whether we can afford to bin him is another matter. 

12 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Robinson will quit before he is fired, whenever that is. He’s nowhere near as bad as a lot of people think he is, and the club have a far higher opinion of him than most of us. It also costs money to fire managers.

On one hand he is meeting the remit he was given (exceeded by some margin last year) under pretty tight constraints. On the other we can stay in 10th until the last game of the season then get relegated. So we need to be careful to spot the difference between inconsistency and freefall. So far we’ve been able to pull out results when things look bleak, and my guess is the board will gamble on that, pretty much the way that Hamilton have stuck with their guy for so long.

And despite the “who cares who comes in, anyone’s better than him” attitude from those who have never let go of the disappointment of us taking him instead of a more sexy option, if the club makes the decision to fire him they better have a good option lined up. We all know that’s probably Lasley anyway, and I don’t know what that changes.

The new manager would have the same restrictions as Robinson with recruitment, because it costs money to get rid of players and we know that it will be on a one out for one in basis if that happens.

As with most managers, his recruitment has been a mixed bag. I think Carson, Gillespie, kipre, dunne, Hartley and Aldred have all been good. Tanner probably fits in that category, but we all seem to forget he was barely starting before his injury. His ability to sign a left back or a striker seems to be non existent though.

My main frustration with our recruitment is probably more the fault of the club than the manager, and that’s our refusal to recruit Scottish players and our fascination with the English lower leagues.

Overall, in the context of this season, I don’t see sacking him as something that makes a big difference, other than cheering up those who just don’t like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate what bit you not grasping the manager signs the players picks the team and lays down the tactics and you think sacking him won't make a difference .We get a manager in who has an eye for a player and can set out a game plan ,he is probably a lovely guy Robinson as a football manager he is hopeless 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Yes our demise has coincided with Leanne Dempster leaving us for Hibs and Alan Burrows taking over as chief exec. Yes financially we're in a good place but on the pitch......jeeso.

Another poor analogy. You’re a holocaust of a person. She put us in the poor house & didn’t fancy the rebuild.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Yes our demise has coincided with Leanne Dempster leaving us for Hibs and Alan Burrows taking over as chief exec. Yes financially we're in a good place but on the pitch......jeeso.

Please just give up posting, if that's the level you are at , what a load of utter shite. But I suspect you just enjoy trolling now so you probably can't help it.

• Like 2

Don’t do knee jerk reactions, never even threw my season on the pitch at the end of the Malpas era, however a change is required.  

There’s no consistency, we’re up and down (more down) than the proverbial adult service providers underwear, the strategy this week alone has been diabolical.  If you throw in the towel *ahead* of a match under auspices of resting players, then you’d better win the next one handsomely.

The signings have been more bad than good this season, we’ve players that clearly *arent* suited to SPL football and the squad is fundamentally imbalanced,    “We never took out chances” and “we go again” are not acceptable excuses and I haven’t even watched the post match interviews yet.    There are managers out there, within our budget, who would bite your hand off for the opportunity with us and do a far better job than Robbo.    Sentimentality about historical cup finals we didn’t turn up in doesn’t come into it, the poor results *this* season could be the undoing of the club, *our* club.   A tough decision and action needed from the CEO and board.

I’ve got think that another manager could take the same players and make a vast improvement on how we play. As many have said the formation is bad, the tactics are bad and too many players not in the right positions.  Last year was very similar but we had some strength and physicality that managed to enable us to have 2 god cup runs and finish in a decent position but this season we just do not seem to have anything and there seems to be little effort to change things.  That is the worrying part for me. 

16 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Another poor analogy. You’re a holocaust of a person. She put us in the poor house & didn’t fancy the rebuild.

Just a note on Burrows today. The netting’s behind the goal mentioned can’t come soon enough for that period before kick off when the players are practicing shooting. Again today one kid hit in the face and an older guy hit by the ball while going up the steps with pies. The pies fly in all directions and within five minutes Burrows comes round into the stand, finds the old guy, then goes down into the stand to the catering section and brings him replacements. Can’t think of another chief exec that would have seen and done that.

• Like 1

As poor a game of football as you’ll see today that however doesn’t hide the fact our style of play is awful,we have games like last week where we manage a victory but apart from Aberdeen at home it’s never been convincing. We have signed some of the biggest duds to wear a well shirt,Robinson has to take the blame he picks the team and allegedly has a game plan ! We’re going nowhere fast and a change is desperately requIred :doh: