2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

I don't the mind the group format at all

Would rather play 4 guaranteed cup games at the start of the season than say 1 or 2 and the rest meaningless friendlies.

Would be in favour of scrapping the North/South sections but and just make it that anyone can draw anyone

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

I don't the mind the group format at all

Would rather play 4 guaranteed cup games at the start of the season than say 1 or 2 and the rest meaningless friendlies.

Would be in favour of scrapping the North/South sections but and just make it that anyone can draw anyone

The friendlies might be meaningless in terms of consequence, but they let the coaching staff try a few things out and not have to worry about short term results in the middle of pre-season.

The big challenge for all the teams is having to ease back on some of the high-intensity or endurance work for a couple of days during the build up to each tie, which interrupts the fitness schedule. Or, alternatively, don't change a thing and then tire the players out the day before and leave them with 60 minutes in their legs.

And as fans, we have to endure the numerous posts about how poor we look, how unfit player X is, how the new signings are all a waste of money etc. etc. From Dunne to Gorrin, it happens every July.

• 4 weeks later...

Just me buzzing to get the shorts out for Dumfries on Saturday then? The (kind of) real fitbaw is BACK!

Hopefully should have a decent following down there, although there is the whole scotrail mess. For all the League Cup is a bit pish, I am looking forward to seeing the new signings and it's better than pre-season friendlies

41 minutes ago, superward said:

Think we will see...

Carson

Tait Gallagher Dunne Carroll

Campbell Sloth 

Cole Polworth Hylton  

Long

Polworth is suspended for this one. Think you’re mostly right with your selection, although I suspect we’ll see Gillespie in goal and Hartley in instead of Dunne. Also think Donnelly will play holding with Sloth and Campbell slightly ahead of him.

At this stage of the pre-season, a combination of who's fit, who's showing early form, who's not carrying niggles and who isn't being risked on plastic.

(Remember when Queen of the South had one of the best grass surfaces in the country?)

Audio only today on MFC TV. Just the Morton game that will be video streamed.

Just now, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Is it just me or is the coverage from the club really poor for the game. No Twitter updates or anything. What have I missed??

Yeah it's been like that for the friendlies as well. Get a bit of a feeling the social media side has slipped a little bit, might just be because the league hasn't started yet.