Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

1 minute ago, gaz7 said:

I'm also in favour of this. Very good talker imo on tv and also won cup with youths. Him and faddy as assistant .

Faddy does not have a clue about coaching and probably the reason he left the club. Some people need to take the Claret and Amber specs off. We need a good manager not a previous player with no experience.

I was a big fan of Robinson, I thought he did a very good job and was the right fit for the club.

However it is his time to go, much like McCall he tried everything he could but couldn't get the turnaround required.

Id say Lasley will take over in the interim but we need a change. Id bite your hand off for Tommy Wright, we need results and we need them quick with a squad that has some faults, unfortunately I think his agreement when he left St Johnstone would prohibit this.

Right now, we're not needing someone to come in and make the football exciting and sexy and have new wild ideas, we need points.

No idea who it could be.

I mention Lasley simply because I think that’s the most obvious choice. I can’t actually name a single manager up in Scotland that stands out, I’m not a fan of Wrights football but he would probably be quite a safe choice. They may look down south and someone could come in that does not get a mention. But all in I think it’s a dreadful time to be changing manager just before the transfer window, any new manager not already at the club is going to have to act quickly, not sure what it means for those players already identified and probably as good as signed. And on top of that we are in the middle of a pandemic, hardly perfect. Personally I’m worried about the change, I fear it may cost us.

Danny Cowley would be my dream appointment. Fantastic record in the English Lower Leagues and in depth knowledge of our player target market. Came in wi Huddersfield bottom of the championship & kept them in the league. Just missed out on the Sunderland job last week. 

As I said earlier, prob out of our reach, but may fancy testing himself against the Old Firm and an outside opportunity of a trophy seeing the teams in our cup finals lately?

29 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I don't mean to be horrible as Lasley has been great for Well over the years.  I can't help but think he's been part of the problem - unless he makes significant changes to personnel or formation I suspect we'd get more of the same.

Agreed,I love las but he is part of the problem,he's assistant to the manager that's just had to resign as results and performances have been nowhere near good enough for about a year so he has to take a share of the blame.i can see him maybe being kept on to work with a new manager like leitch was with mcghee but giving him the job at this time would be a huge mistake for me.

• Like 1

I would be happy to see Lapsley get a possible chance by judging his interim period, the only problem is the transfer window, would he just continue where SR left off or will get the opportunity to bring in his type of player/s which will be difficult in winter transfer window, mind you I would also like to see a few players depart.

Well Robbo's critics will be delighted. Just be careful what you wish for, because there are many unique challenges at Fir Park that will require a skill set not found in many potential applicants. Could easily end up with a Malpas or Baraclough again. Or worse, a Gary Holt.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Well Robbo's critics will be delighted. Just be careful what you wish for, because there are many unique challenges at Fir Park that will require a skill set not found in many potential applicants. Could easily end up with a Malpas or Baraclough again. Or worse, a Gary Holt.

I’m really struggling to see what Gary Holt would offer, he had a small budget at Livingstone and started well before running out of ideas and resigning, surely that’s exactly why many thought it was time to get rid of Robinson.

30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Just be careful what you wish for

More than 6 wins in a year?

Half decent football?

Players with a professional attitude?

Any kind of entertainment value?

I'm surprised Robinson went now and I think he was due a few more matches but while things can always get worse it's pretty negative to assume that they will when  the worst was looking very likely anyway.  The whole 'let's blunder along and accept anything that's not total failure' attitude is one that I think has infected our thinking in recent times and needs to be curbed.

And if we do get relegated Robinson had half a season in charge and will have to bear half the responsibility.  He only accumulated 17 points and put together a squad that is pretty uninspiring. If his replacement can't better Robinson's points legacy we will definitely be in trouble.  

In the meantime I'll hope, probably in vain, of getting in a manager that views Motherwell as a top level professional club rather than a kick and rush lower league outfit.  Motherwell FC should be a lot better than they are right now.  We need someone to come in and raise the base line standards.  They haven't been good enough for a while.

On Stephen Robinson, I have sympathy for him but at the end of the day he's left because he's recognised before a lot of others that things simply weren't good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Valverde would be good, then we would see how good a manager he is by turning the dross we currently have into a decent team, its easy to manage the likes of Messi, but could he do anything with Lamie?

Tesco Express would struggle to do anything with Rickie Lamie.

• Like 1