Jump to content

Neilwell86

2021/2022 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Suprawell said:

Nothing wrong with my mood, just prefer a bit more professionalism from a someone who holds this rank...

You do know that signings are usually concluded a few days before we get to hear about it. If we have signed him, there must already be agreement between the clubs and with the player, with only the official international clearance pending, which I image is all but done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Suprawell said:

Nothing wrong with my mood, just prefer a bit more professionalism from a someone who holds this rank...

Which other CEOs do it well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think it’s good to be kept informed as long as never mentions players involved until officially signed . We know we are still weak in center of defence and midfield so gives fans a lift knowing they are working on recruits hopefully in they positions . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every other Premiership CEO, frantically refreshing Alan Burrow's Twitter, "haud the bus, Motherwell are hoping to sign at least one before deadline day!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Suprawell said:

Why does Burrows feel the need to share the club's future business plans on Twitter??  I don't see other CEOs of SPFL clubs doing this...

It's called keeping  the fans informed and tweeting we are hoping to sign a couple of players before the deadline is hardly revealing the clubs future business plan "Breaking news football club signs players ", get a grip FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree, Burrows conflates personal and professional to a degree far beyond that which is acceptable.  There’s information posted on podcasts, online interviews etc. that isn’t shared with the wider community and this information flow is limited to those actively seeking - which is totally wrong for a fan owned club whereby any and messaging should be available to all.
I posted elsewhere last week about his personal account communication which I found below that standard which should be expected and once again, it has happened.

Signing news, views on the club or strategy are not burrows to share, they are the clubs. A CEO position demands that those two things remain fastidiously aligned. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have signed Sean Goss ex Rangers and St Johnstone on a 2 year deal. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a club moaning about a lack of money constantly, we don’t half spend what we do have on some amount of mediocre drivel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For a club moaning about a lack of money constantly, we don’t half spend what we do have on some amount of mediocre drivel
Right on cue. The most miserable poster I have seen ever in any forum in the world.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Fir Park Sean,  no pressure but if after 10 mins you fail to impress this forum will be on meltdown!! Lol..COYW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kmac said:

For a club moaning about a lack of money constantly, we don’t half spend what we do have on some amount of mediocre drivel

Have you ever actually seen him play? Fair enough if he ends up being another player who barely features or makes no impact but at least give him a chance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

Have you ever actually seen him play? Fair enough if he ends up being another player who barely features or makes no impact but at least give him a chance!

Yes, yes I have seen him play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Right on cue. The most miserable poster I have seen ever in any forum in the world. emoji23.png

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Can I ask what part is miserable? Goss has history is Scottish football, we know, give/take 10%, what we’re getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kmac said:

For a club moaning about a lack of money constantly, we don’t half spend what we do have on some amount of mediocre drivel

You are in serious danger of making Yodo look like a happy ray of sunshine!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can I ask what part is miserable? Goss has history is Scottish football, we know, give/take 10%, what we’re getting.
Really..? Your whole post. Go for a walk and get some fresh air and cheer the fuck up. Never seen so many negative posts in my life. Give the guy a chance. Everyone knows that sometimes a person clicks at a club see Watt for us. Hasn't even kicked a ball and your calling him drivel.. Absolute nonsense post and constantly looking for something, anything negative to say about the club, Burrows and almost every player. That enough for you?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kmac said:

I have to agree, Burrows conflates personal and professional to a degree far beyond that which is acceptable.  There’s information posted on podcasts, online interviews etc. that isn’t shared with the wider community and this information flow is limited to those actively seeking - which is totally wrong for a fan owned club whereby any and messaging should be available to all.
I posted elsewhere last week about his personal account communication which I found below that standard which should be expected and once again, it has happened.

Signing news, views on the club or strategy are not burrows to share, they are the clubs. A CEO position demands that those two things remain fastidiously aligned. 

You did. And many of us disagreed with you then, and appear to disagree with you now!

Im well aware that Alan Burrows is CEO of Motherwell. So if he posts news of signings for Motherwell on his personal Twitter account or from the clubs account it really doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Im also not on Twitter much so had no idea of this signing until I came on here. So it would appear that he was able to reach me with the news without me seeking it.

Anyway welcome Sean Goss.

Ive cant recall ever having seen him play so I will maintain my excitement over his potential until proven otherwise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Well Well said:

Really..? Your whole post. Go for a walk and get some fresh air and cheer the fuck up. Never seen so many negative posts in my life. Give the guy a chance. Everyone knows that sometimes a person clicks at a club see Watt for us. Hasn't even kicked a ball and your calling him drivel.. Absolute nonsense post and constantly looking for something, anything negative to say about the club, Burrows and almost every player. That enough for you?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Watt showed before joining us that he was quality and clearly well equipped for our level - it was never in doubt. There were serious question marks surrounding his attitude as per all previous clubs will attest to  however he has dismissed them completely. 
This isn’t the case for Goss.

As for Burrows, I don’t hold some active Vendetta against the guy, I haven’t met him however I’m sure he’s very pleasant - however that’s not what I’m critical of. I’m often critical of his actions as a chief executive which i often find below the levels required/expected; that’s very different. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Watt showed before joining us that he was quality and clearly well equipped for our level - it was never in doubt. There were serious question marks surrounding his attitude as per all previous clubs will attest to  however he has dismissed them completely. 
This isn’t the case for Goss.

As for Burrows, I don’t hold some active Vendetta against the guy, I haven’t met him however I’m sure he’s very pleasant - however that’s not what I’m critical of. I’m often critical of his actions as a chief executive which i often find below the levels required/expected; that’s very different. 

 

We have a new signing who I am not familiar with, instead of all the club politics , let's hear something about Gossy, position, type of player etc...you're in danger of becoming a major dullard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read read his Wiki page the stats will tell u all you need to know neither a goal scorer or goal maker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goss isn't someone i would have signed but the pluses,he is a midfielder by trade unlike maguire and donnolly and definitely a better option than crawford,if I mind right he's a left footer which might bring a bit of balance if we're going with a midfield three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 games in league one down south over the past 2 seasons,  odds are he's not a world beater but he's also perfectly capable of being a solid SPL player.

We need solid midfield options, he seems to be that. I can't mind him playing at St Johnstone but maybe someone who paid more attention will be able to offer better insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mfc said:

Goss isn't someone i would have signed but the pluses,he is a midfielder by trade unlike maguire and donnolly and definitely a better option than crawford,if I mind right he's a left footer which might bring a bit of balance if we're going with a midfield three.

For the avoidance of doubt, Maguire is a midfielder by trade & brought to the club on that basis - different coaching outlook was to convert him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×