2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

If he wasnt settled here then it's best for both parties that he's moved on.i doubt we will have got much for him but if it's enough to sign a decent replacement or strengthen elsewhere,then it's all we can ask for really.

27 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Strange thing about Woolery was he got dropped just as he started to find some form, another strange GA decision.  But if we got say at least £200k it's good business but I would want to see that invested in new signings

Deary me :swoon:

I hoped Woolery would kick on as the season progressed, but he still frustrated me by struggling to beat a man when the ball was at his feet and the number of times he crossed to the first defender. Might have better suited to a more central role, but KVV was always going to be first choice there.

His power and speed were certainly assets, but he's one of those players that I'd have been OK with if he'd stayed but not too worried that he's leaving.

(Not necessarily convinced by Efford either).

• Like 2

I thought he had something as seen v dundee utd and hearts at home. Both were pishing wet nights so maybe ball held up in puddles rather than running out of play  lol. Hope we have someone lined up to replace him . Although I think all signings so far are good and reliable players who I feel will enhance team they are not as others say exciting anyone but how many exciting signings do we ever make?  Would mikey Johnston at celtic be available on loan? I'd imagine his salary would put him out our reach for permanent transfer but again unsure  He is still young with potential and people to prove wrong and certainly would come under the kelly type signing where we take a risk financially with hope of selling on later. Just a suggestion off top of my head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Woolery's signing announcement video is a wild 90 seconds!

Wow!!,. They obviously have a lot of delight and think he will be full of Eastern promise......anyone under age of 35 will have no idea what I am on about !! Lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

As in you don't think we have received as big a fee as that? No idea what we would have got, I just mean if it was that then it's good business 

It’s as if very few have read the press release… official line is ‘a deal that’s suits both the club and player’ suggests to me minimal - club accounts will confirm if that were the case or not.

Good business could be argued we’ve moved on a player who’d expressed a desire to leave regardless of finances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Unsurprisingly a lot of the criticism of the club not signing any players good enough to sell on, has now turned into criticism of the club for selling one.

Having had a look at the club's twitter there,some of the comments about woolery leaving are insane,the woman calling burrows and the club out for selling him after her weans got woolerys name on the back of there new strips was a particular highlight,that and someone thanking woolery for lighting up fir park while he was here.

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

Having had a look at the club's twitter there,some of the comments about woolery leaving are insane,the woman calling burrows and the club out for selling him after her weans got woolerys name on the back of there new strips was a particular highlight,that and someone thanking woolery for lighting up fir park while he was here.

Reminds me of the time a Newcastle fan got Carroll 9 tattooed on his back the day before he was sold to Liverpool!! Lol

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

I must have been watching a different player to those people commenting on twitter, everyone has their own views but for me it isn't a great loss.... COYW 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

I assume that Morris was the preemptive replacement.

Who knows? Numbers wise maybe but otherwise not.  Woolery is a winger/striker whereas Morris is more of a midfielder AFAIK. GA has been quoted as saying we're abit light up front.

Morris is a left sided midfielder.

Woolery was deployed on the right of a 3.

Struggling to see how Morris is a replacement.

Totally different kind of player.

Maybe we changed our system, or maybe Spittal will play that role on the right, or maybe we're still looking at a replacement. Woolery wasn't even getting a game in the end.

Either way, the best part of 40 games and only 3 goals and a couple of assists isn't great. I thought there was potential there, but he's not really at the age of untapped potential, so I'm not going to get wound up about him going.

At the momemt Connor Shields is the only player in the squad with any pace so unless we bring in another attacking wide player and a striker then it's looking a even more turgid than last season. Morris doesn't seem to be any more of a for ward than Goss is. 

Unfortunately with the players we have on the books just now a switch to 3-5-2 looks likely.  We are only a striker away from Alexander being able to claim we have two players for every position in a 3-5-2 so whoever comes in needs to be significantly better than Shields and Efford. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Could play a 4-2-3-1, think we have the personnel for that.

Slattery and Maguire/McGinn as the 2. Spittal, Morris, Tierney, Shields, Efford, Goss could all work as part of that 3, obviously KVV as the one.

Efford is brutal, he should be emergencies only until we can get shot of him. 

If we are relying on Spittal, Morris, Tierney and Goss to create in the final third it'll be a repeat of our form since the winter break and a new manager for Christmas.

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

Could play a 4-2-3-1, think we have the personnel for that.

Slattery and Maguire/McGinn as the 2. Spittal, Morris, Tierney, Shields, Efford, Goss could all work as part of that 3, obviously KVV as the one.

McGinn in a midfield 2? :swoon:

We should have a better idea of how we’ll set up after Saturday. 

• David locked this topic