Motherwell v Dundee 05/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

2 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Surely a home win :dontknow:

A lot of us thought that about last night!

Still, on to the next one. It simply has to be a home win.

Won’t be pretty but we’ll scrape it, I hope.

1-0

A huge game for us and the way we're playing right now we'll do well to take anything from it. Things are unusually tight between 4th and 10th positions and whilst its looking increasingly unlikely we'll end up in the top 6, many of our close rtivals are struggling as well. Its still all to play for but we must up our game and quickly.

We'll need to negate Charlie Adam - get in his face and close him down or, if that isn't possible, cut off his supply. I'd keep Goss in the side for his offensive abilities, and partner him with Slattery and Cornelius. We certainly need more pace and aggression in midfield. Mugabi must replace SOD at right back.  Do I think that will happen? No.

15 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Why???, so his crossing wasn't good last night, but his defensive play was. Can't believe you haven't said anything about replacing Carrol??. Yes bring Mugabi back, he knows how to score, but mainly OG, s. Big Sol had a nightmare but no mention of him, poor comments aimed at the captain. He's been the scapegoat all season and others have become heroes on the back of it. So a back 4 of Sod, Mugabi, Ojala and anybody else at left back. Do you think the Bathgate Maldini will play against his new suitors??. 

SOD's passing and clearances as well as crossing were poor last night - he put us in unnecessary trouble several times because of that. Replacing Carroll? Who with, as McGinlay is injured (FWIW I agree with you about Carroll).  How many OGs has Bevis scored? He adds energy to the wing and is great in the air. He's had one bad game recently. Lamie - I wasn't impressed with him last night. Yes, Ojala should be reinstated.  

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

You have your opinion, I have mine so you don't replace a guy who gave away a pen, shit himself in the second half going for a clearance and was culpable at Ibrox because, well we've nobody else. Think there's a few in the squad could fill the left back spot, maybe not natural but would do a job. Remember the beloved Bevis who has been culpable for a few goals recently, but is the new messiah, couldn't hack it, but now is rampaging full back, who leaves wide spaces behind him and takes a fortnight to get back, but hey ho its Bevis. Some people on even think KVV isn't a player, get real, he has a superb touch and scores goals, but again the fan's loved Watt, (Watt's he done at United??). Listen better players have come and gone at this club than what we've got, how we didn't score last night, well that's just how it is. We move onto Saturday, (possible egg on the face time) we will beat a Dundee team who Mcghee will set up to stifle us, just like last night and then after next Sunday, its onto Hampden. This is Motherwell, its who we are in the food chain, if the club set their budget on 10th and everything else is a bonus that's what it is, rather be in the Premier league than in the sea-side league. All teams have a blimp ours its just a we bit longer. And to those wanting to ditch the manager, be careful what you wish for. We could have gone for Tommy Wright!!!!!!. 

Did you watch KVV last night in a team that was brutal he was the worst, nothing stuck to him, he looked well off the pace, and contributed feck all all night, its either sugar or shite with him  the odd great performance every 3  or 4 games so no wonder he gets criticism .

Dundee are scrapping for their club’s premier league status and their livelihoods.

If we turn in another 90 minutes like last night then they are more than capable of beating us.

Lose this one and I honestly think Graeme Alexander’s days at FP could be numbered.

• Haha 1

O'Donnell's display last night was indefensible, he absolutely deserves to be dropped. So does Carroll before anyone points that out to me.

Kelly

Mugabi

Ojala

Lamie

Re-sign Stevie Hammell

Slattery

Shaw

Goss

Woolery

KVV

Efford

Time for Alexander to stop fucking about, he's risking our season. Shields, O'Donnell & Donnelly are not our best options. Time to play our strongest XI.

Anything less than a win and our league campaign is basically finished.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

O'Donnell's display last night was indefensible, he absolutely deserves to be dropped. So does Carroll before anyone points that out to me.

Kelly

Mugabi

Ojala

Lamie

Re-sign Stevie Hammell

Slattery

Shaw

Goss

Woolery

KVV

Efford

Time for Alexander to stop fucking about, he's risking our season. Shields, O'Donnell & Donnelly are not our best options. Time to play our strongest XI.

Anything less than a win and our league campaign is basically finished.

You will have to tell him what our strongest eleven is because he doesn't  have a clue what it is.

7 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d go

Kelly

O’Donnell  Ojala Lamie  Carroll

O’Hara  Slattery  Goss

Amaluzar  KVV  Woolery 

No way can you play Lammie As it is in his interest for Dundee to win. I'm not questioning his professionalism but puts him in an awkward situation especially with the boo boys.

Agree with no place for Donnelly as we have not won a league match this season when he has started, a mere coincidence,  I think not more a player,who can pass the ball, down

• Like 1

Here’s a few stats to chew over or maybe stew over.

All-time home league record against Dundee: P106; W47; D23; L36

Their last  win at FP was in 2017. We played them twice that year at FP and lost both — 5-1 and 3-2.

Their away form this season reads: P14; W2; D2; F10; A27.

Their last away win was on 9th February — 2-1 against Hearts.

Our league record against them this season reads: P2 ; W1; D0; L1.

We won 1-0 at FP in August and lost 3-0 at Dens Park in November. They also beat us 1-0 in the League Cup at Dens Park in August.

47 minutes ago, The Sand Dancer said:

No way can you play Lammie As it is in his interest for Dundee to win. I'm not questioning his professionalism but puts him in an awkward situation especially with the boo boys.

Agree with no place for Donnelly as we have not won a league match this season when he has started, a mere coincidence,  I think not more a player,who can pass the ball, down

Ah, yes forgot about that. Be interesting to see what GA does there.  solholm or mugabe?

• Like 1

Dont think any of us know what our best 11 is now to be honest! 

I would go Kelly, Mugabi, Sol, Ojala & Carroll, Slattery, Donnelly & Shaw, Woolery, KVV & Roberts

I accept that I may be the only fan left that still sees the merits in Donnelly! Midfield was really poor on Wed night but I thought he was the best of the 3 (I guess looking at this forum I'm in the minority there!)

2 hours ago, couttsy said:

Dont think any of us know what our best 11 is now to be honest! 

I would go Kelly, Mugabi, Sol, Ojala & Carroll, Slattery, Donnelly & Shaw, Woolery, KVV & Roberts

I accept that I may be the only fan left that still sees the merits in Donnelly! Midfield was really poor on Wed night but I thought he was the best of the 3 (I guess looking at this forum I'm in the minority there!)

Based on pre injury form we know he has the ability. Thought he had turned the corner with a couple of good games recently but maybe just not got the consistency back. If we get the “good” Donnelly playing on Saturday it would help a lot 

EDIT:
We also need the “good” versions of all of our players on Saturday 

The usual caveat applies ahead of tomorrow's game. We'd be best to ignore reports of a Covid/injury crisis in Dundee's squad and plan for a full strength team. If they do indeed field a weakened team then we can use up to 5 subs to adjust our line up and game plan.

I am not going to add o the pressure on the team by calling this a "must win" fixture, but it is hard to imagine the fall out should we lose.

Three points would be most welcome, and may even turn our fortunes around, butit being Motherwell, I predict a 1-1 draw.

5 hours ago, maz said:

Dundee have had two players test positive for Covid with a further five identified as close contacts.

The close contacts who are isolating obviously haven't had their booster, then. Surely that has an effect should Dundee ask/have to postpone?