In's And Out's

AndyRoss

I normally agree with a lot of what you say but I'd say Reynolds is far more replaceable than Clarkson. Trying to find someone to score maybe 10 goals in the SPL in the summer is going to be hard enough, without looking for two of them...

Aye it's a fair point mate. Just feel that if both were to fulfil their potential, Reynolds would be the more valuable asset. Terribly disappointed with him this season however.

If I were McGhee, I'd let the two of them sign off for summer just now and come back fresh for the pre-season. Reynolds in particular has had little time off in the last 2 years.

With regards strikers, if we are going down the Sutton route, then get some quality down the wings in a 442 and Sutton wont be far off 15 a season.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Mark Reynolds needs is a good rest and no speculation over where he'll be at the start of next season. The lad is still only 21 and has played over 100 top team games already. Lets get him back fresh for Pre-Season and he'll be back to his excellent best I'm sure. Remeber both he and David have the club at heart and at the end of the day thats got to count for something

There used to be a website that showed a list of all the players in the UK being freed at the end of each season, can anyone mind it? Wouldnt mind having a look and seeing if there are any decent players.

Everyone's for sale I would imagine. I expect to see a lot of Championship, Div 1 teams coming to pick the best in the SPL and Div 1. Dobbie to Swansea for example - The Doonhamers are saying 5/6 grand a week. I expect to see 4 or 5 players leave (the glalactico's mainly) and hope MM is going about the business of securing players now.

That post has given me the complete fear. I've been 'assuming' that Boab would be on his merry way this summer. I never for a moment thought about the possibility of him staying. And lets face it - it is a possibility isn't it?

I had planned on renewing my season ticket without any conditions attached.

However if we plan to blow a chunk of the budget on BBB again them I'm afraid. . . .

Surely not!

McGhee more or less said Malcolm would be on his way on the radio on Saturday.

1 guy who could do a job is a big centre half in English Div2, Magnus Okuonghae ,from Dagenham+Redbridge, 23 (would cost english teams a fee,but we`d get for free!), 6`3,built like a brick shit house, seems quite highly rated by some division1 teams.Could be a wee Porter style deal, sign,get a good 12-18 months + sell on to Derby or the like for a profit!

1 guy who could do a job is a big centre half in English Div2, Magnus Okuonghae ,from Dagenham+Redbridge, 23 (would cost english teams a fee,but we`d get for free!), 6`3,built like a brick shit house, seems quite highly rated by some division1 teams.Could be a wee Porter style deal, sign,get a good 12-18 months + sell on to Derby or the like for a profit!

I thought the Porter loophole had been closed by UEFA?

Rudi Skacel has been released by Southampton...

Could he do a job for us - he was good with the Jambos.

I'd rather we got Ryan Smith from Southmapton who was also released left footed winger, with alot of pace.

We went after MacKay early this year did we not....

Dundee move for Livingston pair

Dundee have had bids accepted by First Division rivals Livingston for Dave MacKay and Murray Davidson. Both men will now have to decide whether they would be interested in a switch to Tayside.

It would be the second spell at Dens Park for full-back MacKay, 29, who spent six years there before joining Oxford United in 2005.

Midfielder Davidson, 21, came through the youth system at Almondvale, making his first-team debut last season.

A number of other clubs have also indicated their interest in signing the Livingston duo, while last week the West Lothian club rejected an offer from Dundee for Scotland B striker Leigh Griffiths.

Dundee manager Jocky Scott announced earlier this week that he was going to release four players - Ludovic Roy, Freddie Daquin, David O'Brien and Bob Davidson - at the end of the season as he begins to build for next term.

We went after MacKay early this year did we not....

Dundee move for Livingston pair

Dundee have had bids accepted by First Division rivals Livingston for Dave MacKay and Murray Davidson. Both men will now have to decide whether they would be interested in a switch to Tayside.

It would be the second spell at Dens Park for full-back MacKay, 29, who spent six years there before joining Oxford United in 2005.

Midfielder Davidson, 21, came through the youth system at Almondvale, making his first-team debut last season.

A number of other clubs have also indicated their interest in signing the Livingston duo, while last week the West Lothian club rejected an offer from Dundee for Scotland B striker Leigh Griffiths.

Dundee manager Jocky Scott announced earlier this week that he was going to release four players - Ludovic Roy, Freddie Daquin, David O'Brien and Bob Davidson - at the end of the season as he begins to build for next term.

I'm sure we were linked to both these players, defo MacKay but am sure Davidson was mentioned aswell.

Daily Ranger reports that we lost out on Dobbie along with the sooper hoops of Loftus Road (QPR) and also Ipswich to go to Swansea.

MM chats to the BEEB.........

Dobbie demands denied Motherwell

Motherwell could not offer Dobbie terms to match those promised by Swansea

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee says he failed in an attempt to sign striker Stephen Dobbie because he could not match the wages offered in England.

The 26-year-old has agreed to join Championship club Swansea City when his contract with Queen of the South expires at the end of the season.

"We tried to sign Stephen Dobbie, but he went to Swansea for money we couldn't afford," said McGhee.

The Motherwell boss made approaches to two other players on Thursday.

"I tried to sign two players yesterday, I'm speaking to another player today and we've got another coming on trial next week," said McGhee, who has begun the process of speaking to Motherwell players whose contracts expire in the summer.

"The players who are out of contract here have not given me a definitive answer.

"They all say they want to keep their options open, which they are entitled to do."

Goalkeeper Graeme Smith, defenders Brian McLean and Bob Malcolm, plus midfielder Stephen Hughes are nearing the completion of their current deals.

Meanwhile, Motherwell are also hoping to sign defender Maros Klimpl, who has been on loan from Midtjylland but will be free to leave the Danish club in the summer.

we made a bid of around 50k on transfer deadline day in august for Davidson, and tried for Mackay earlier in the summer. Davidson is a real decent prospect, 6`3 goal scoring midfielder (6 or 7 in 35 games this year)

Rumour has it Dobbie is on something around £6K a week down South. If that's true, no wonder we couldn't compete. That's just silly money for a mid-table Championship side to be honest.

Rumour has it Dobbie is on something around £6K a week down South. If that's true, no wonder we couldn't compete. That's just silly money for a mid-table Championship side to be honest.

I believe the sum of 5/6 grand is right.

Wonder if MM asked about Bob Harris?