In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Dougie Imrie is a knob. All my Caley supporting mates strongly agree too.

He might well be, but from the performance he gave last night, I think he'd be a good signing.

A bit of pace about him, strong in the tackle, i'd definitely have him at Fir Park

[/size]

He might well be, but from the performance he gave last night, I think he'd be a good signing.

A bit of pace about him, strong in the tackle, i'd definitely have him at Fir Park

Needed my specs to read that!

He would be a good signing, but I'd rather not give c***s like that the opportunity to play for a club like ours.

Dougie Imrie is a wank of the highest order.

Played in a poker tournament with him quite recently, and he was giving it all the "do you know who i am" pish. And told some guy that he could afford to bet in 1 hand what he earns in 6 months, and the boy replied "doubt it mate, unless you can afford to buy the aston martin sitting outside" was funny as feck!

Think the guy is some bigwig with an offshore energy company. Needless to say, Imrie shut up fairly quickly.

Everyone i've ever spoken to that knows Imrie says he is a tosser, so unless he's the new Cristiano Ronaldo i wouldn't touch him.

Hes from Lanark and played with Lanark United before signing for clyde, Al. I watched him fairly often when he was playing for Lanark United and im pretty sure he was recomended to Terry Butcher whilst he was still at Lanark and then Maurice Malpas when he was at Clyde. He was always a bit of a hot head playing for Lanark but hes still a cracking player and id have him at Fir Park, he doesnt join to be your best pal he joins to do a job for the team.

Whats the Imrie chat? How come so many folk know him?

School for me, he was friends with my sister although it was mostly through association. She thought he was a total banger and i never liked him if he was up at the house or out and about. Regularly goes to images and gives it the "do you know who i am?" ;)

All round prick of a guy and ive yet to meet anyone who has a nice thing to say about him. Last time i heard about him he'd met my sisters mate out and was supposedly giving it big licks about what he was earning and how he can now have any girl he wants :)

Used to go a few nights out with his brother who i know a few folk dont like either but he was mostly sound when i spoke to him.

Ps, hes no even good at fitba.

Seen in The Sun the day that it said St Johnstone had agreed a fee for the two boys from Livingston who we are after, McKay and Davidson, but nothing has been finalised yet. No sure if they are any good or not, but surely if we have wee bit to spend it would be definitely worth taking a punt on Leigh Grittiths if we can get him on the cheap.

On the Imrie chat i would have him at Fir Park in a minute, even though he is c**t, but cannot see it.

I'd be very very disapointed if McLean was allowed to leave. Especially since Craigan seems to be injured and ain't getting any younger. If someone offers McLean a huge salary then I guess there's not much we can do about it, but it'd be madness not to offer him a new deal.

I've heard nothing but negative press about Imrie as a person (albeit only on these boards), but what I've seen of him on the pitch looks very impressive. He may be a bam, but he could be OUR bam!!

Have we actually been linked with Imrie?

Would probably take him at Fir Park. O'Brien and Imrie on the wings could be a decent prospect and bring out the best in Sutton!

Would much prefer Griffiths from Livi though..seems to be a player of a similar mould of McCormack which we were lacking this season. Fancy him to be off down south though!

Cheers, Dez

Met Imrie a fair few times while working in Lanark. Seemed alright to me but everyone suggested that you should give him a wide berth. There are plenty of wankers in fitba mind you. Personally though, I don't think he is anything special.

No more chat on Barrowman? Stand out performer at School with good pace and an eye for goal. Banged in the goals in the 1st Division I think but he has struggled to make it in the SPL.

Given the troubles at Clyde, I imagine Pat Clarke will be on the radar.

the two livi players we were after davidson and mackay have signed for st johnstone for 50k

Maybe Saints are jumping the gun - its unclear. They have agreed a fee with Livi (as have Dundee) but were "locked" in talks with the pair concerned. The deciding factor may be that Saints could offer SPL football. Dundee are also hopeful of signing them. The BBC and the Courer seem to be at odds here.

Don't think missing out on them would be a great loss. We alreadt have Quinn, McLean (assuming he re-signs) & Saunders to play right back. The left mid guy was not proven and would be a gamble that maybe MMG thought wasn't worth it as the money could be used elsewhere.

I would really like to see us try and get the young boy Griffiths as he could be a gamble that could pay off in a few years.

With Dundee's new owner having some cash it looks like we will be competing with them for a number of players and surely the lure of the Europa Cup could help swing it.

Is Darren Smith injured?

If not, he's not featured for a while. Maybe he's not in the managers plans....

Said it the other night, he'll be on his way i reckon. Same age as Jim O'Brien and O'Brien is a much, much more grown up player.

Aye, I agree. As much as I like Darren Smith, he's not an SPL player and reckon he could do a right good turn for someone at a slightly lower level.

On the Dougie Imrie thing, I've played football with him a few times and has always seemed like a decent guy to me. He got a load of bad press for ending the career of the Hamilton boy (McCabe?) while at Clyde but I was talking to him a couple of days after the game and he was clearly cut up about it himself. I'm not sure if that's the reason why people hate him, but I'd be delighted if he signed for the 'Well.

Frazzle

While I think Mackay would have been nothing better than a decent signing in a position that we're not too badly off in, is it just me that thinks that it doesn't bode well that St Johnstone might appeal to these players more? Nothing to do with the manager, before anyone thinks I'm going to use it as a stick to beat him with. Just a general observation about how we might find it difficult to attract our first choice signing targets.

Unless, of course, the Livingston guys were guaranteed first team football at Perth but not with ourselves. In which case, no problem...