• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon has been linked with the Hibs job. Last week Ladbrokes suspended betting on him. Nothing seems to have happened since then though. Would be an excellent choice, but like McGhee he is a manager that would look for a bigger move if it became available, and no doubt would perk many clubs interests if he joined us after a while. So yeah, he would be a perfect appointment.

Since there seems to be alot of talk about ex-players!

How well did Van Der Gaag do at Maritimo and is he still there?

Did he not manage to get to the champs league qualifier against Rangers.

*Edit* Didnt realise he was just a player! Had this weird notion of him being their manager*

remember mcghees comments when he joined us saying he didn't like putting people out a job by bringing in his own backroom staff! Boyle loves leitch he was instrumental in bringing him back to assist malpas much to malpas dismay! I would put my mortgage on leitch being our new manager! Not my first choice but I'd get behind him all the same, incidently leitch and Clarkson are close so the only saving grace from that would

Be us having a better chance of keeping hold of Clarkson!

remember mcghees comments when he joined us saying he didn't like putting people out a job by bringing in his own backroom staff! B

The thing is, Aberdeen don't have an Assistant Manager or a First Team Coach so if he took Leitch then he wouldn't be putting anyone out of a job.

The names put forward so far dont really appeal to me at all.....Doesnt seem to be many instantly obvious options.

My thoughts exactly. Looking at the Scottish game the only realistic candidate is Billy Reid and I don't think he'll move from Accies for another couple of years. In short we need an experienced replacement - no rookies please.

Some of the names mentioned on here would be a gamble at best and some like Gary MacAllister are complete non starters.

Unless we have some surprise candidates I would reckon someone from England would be the best bet.

for me there isnt a manager in scotland that really springs to mind.we need to get a experienced guy in thats used to working on a tight budget and has good knowledge of the english game thats where i feel we have the best chance in the transfer market.i hope we stay well clear of guys like williamson and duffy cause well be going backwards if guys like that are in charge

My thoughts exactly. Looking at the Scottish game the only realistic candidate is Billy Reid and I don't think he'll move from Accies for another couple of years. In short we need an experienced replacement - no rookies please.

Some of the names mentioned on here would be a gamble at best and some like Gary MacAllister are complete non starters.

Unless we have some surprise candidates I would reckon someone from England would be the best bet.

Suprise candidates would be good, obviously McGhee was one. maybe a foreigner.

Was Lothar Matthaus not tauting himself for the Hearts job a wee bit back.

Hold on, checked his stats, he is pish at management.

There is nothing wrong with new managers at a club like Motherwell. It was just our luck we got hit with the worst new manager in the history of the world with Malpas. In my opinion Luc Nijholt is the ideal choice as he has been working under a variety of different managers for a number of years, has built up a network of contacts and at the end of the day really wants to manage the club and is a former player as well. If Leitch goes I would also try and get Chris McCart back as assistant manager if he would be interested in the job.

I have a problem with that, I dont go along with dragging in ex-players just to keep the fans happy. That's what Newcastle do and look wher it got them. It also looks like Celtic are going to go down that route with Tony Mowbray. I want a proven manager in the seat, someone who can mould the players into an efficient cohesive unit. I dont care who he played for just as long as he does the job. I've welcomed equally, Jock Wallace and Davie Hay, I've supported Terry Butcher and Mark McGhee when each of them were in charge. Let's not go down the way of dragging in someone "Well-Minded" unless it's to run the club's bars. Employ a manager for his ability to manage nothing else.

I'd take back Davie Hay.

If we were to go down that route of thinking I'd much rather go with Craig Brown or Tommy McLean.

colin calderwood

I'd be astounded if this c**t is mentioned. If, in the highly unlikely event, he is offered the job I'll pay him double not to take it.