• Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

McGhee Out.....Nijholt In. SIMPLE

And i'm pretty sure Luc would jump at the chance, and with him worked abroad you would think he would have a few useful contacts, unlike McGhee's contacts in germany :whistling:

found this wee video of Luc playing for swindon against Man Utd, with Luc putting the boot in on keane.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he able to recall being at Swindon Town? :lol:

Very possibly not.

On the new manager front I copied this of one of the more recent stories up on BBC website.

"John Hartson has joined Ian McCall, Alex Rae, Steven Pressley, Eddie May and Gordon Chisholm among those vying for the Falkirk's managerial vacancy."

You can probably safely assume anyone interested in Falkirk job might be looking at ourselves. Obviously a few Falkirk connections there but you never know.

We should maybe bring in Nick Griffin for our European Campaign, he seems to be doing quite well on that front at the moment! :lol:

But in all seriousness I really hope we avoid any of the rejects on the Falkirk hopefuls list, Eddie May anyone???

Paul Sturrock's naw a bad shout at all. Funny thing was I was just watching his performance in front of the travelling United fans when they played Plymouth in a friendly. I think if it worked out well us 'Well fans could get some great banter with him as gaffer.

I see Luc Nijholt is by far the fans favourite.

Lets put aside the sentimentality and romanticism as I've been openly critical of Mark McGhee for the same , Why would you like him as Manager what benefits do you think he'll bring to our club ?

I see Luc Nijholt is by far the fans favourite.

Lets put aside the sentimentality and romanticism as I've been openly critical of Mark McGhee for the same , Why would you like him as Manager what benefits do you think he'll bring to our club ?

I wasn't keen to start with but the managers he has worked with/under have swayed me. If previous quotes are to be believed he'd bring a real enthusiasm to the job. He will have a wide range of contacts having worked with some decent clubs.

I know there are a few managers with these qualities but the enthusiasm he would seem to bring is what sways me...

I wasn't keen to start with but the managers he has worked with/under have swayed me. If previous quotes are to be believed he'd bring a real enthusiasm to the job. He will have a wide range of contacts having worked with some decent clubs.

I know there are a few managers with these qualities but the enthusiasm he would seem to bring is what sways me...

Bugger enthusiasm, we need a manager with a PROVEN track record at our level or higher. We've got a European campaign starting in just over three weeks, and a new league campaign a few weeks later, with a wafer thin squad and very little cash to strengthen it, plus we've just seen nearly 25% of our annual income go down the swanee today.

Now is not the time to be giving untried, untested, ex-players a wee shot at the managers chair.

Bugger enthusiasm, we need a manager with a PROVEN track record at our level or higher. We've got a European campaign starting in just over three weeks, and a new league campaign a few weeks later, with a wafer thin squad and very little cash to strebgthen it, plus we've just seen nearly 25% of our annual income go down the swanee today.

Now is not the time to be giving untried, untested, ex-players a wee shot at the managers chair.

Aye, and unfortunately due to the lack of income, we're going to have to be imaginative putting a squad together. The fact that he worked for so long in Alkmaar's youth system means that Luc will know not only some gems that he helped bring through who might be available on loan or have fallen out of favour wherever they ended up, but will have a decent knowledge of other young players kicking about Dutch football.

We need a new imaginative approach here, not someone who's so immersed in Scottish football, an innovative signing is getting an Old Firm young player on loan...

Aye, and unfortunately due to the lack of income, we're going to have to be imaginative putting a squad together. The fact that he worked for so long in Alkmaar's youth system means that Luc will know not only some gems that he helped bring through who might be available on loan or have fallen out of favour wherever they ended up, but will have a decent knowledge of other young players kicking about Dutch football.

We need a new imaginative approach here, not someone who's so immersed in Scottish football, an innovative signing is getting an Old Firm young player on loan...

Harri Kampman was new and imaginative ffs, let's not go down that road again. Let Luc take his first steps in management somewhere else once he's made his mistakes elsewhere i'll gladly take him at Fir Park. We've had enough novices nearly relegate us.

Harri Kampman was new and imaginative ffs, let's not go down that road again. Let Luc take his first steps in management somewhere else once he's made his mistakes elsewhere i'll gladly take him at Fir Park. We've had enough novices nearly relegate us.

It's not like McLeish or Davies. He has managed in the Dutch lower leagues. And coached with Adrianse and Van Gaal. Not like he's just hung up his boots. Feyenoord considered appointing him as interim head coach this year. If they thought, even for a second, that he was capable of the job, it suggests to me that there are those within Dutch football who rate the guy. And might be willing to let their young players out on loan to learn under his stewardship...

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll get Luc Nijholt. My gut (and my source) leads me to believe that Gordon Chisholm would be first choice. I just think, given the strengthening the squad requires, we need someone who can call upon knowledge and contacts outside of Scottish football to pick up signings. We don't need to be competing with Hibs, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen for players.

That's why my choice would be Nijholt, McAllister or Gannon. Were it to be Nijholt, someone experienced like Tommy McLean who still knows Scottish football would be ideal as an assistant. But like I say, I reckon we'll be shopping closer to home this summer...

Please don't let it be Chisolm.

He's had good press due to Queen's cup run last year, but they have never really been consistant in the league.

Did they not go on a run of about 15 games last season without a win?

He's had good press due to Queen's cup run last year, but they have never really been consistant in the league.

Did they not go on a run of about 15 games last season without a win?

THat is consistent though - consistently shite but still consistent. Think he'd do all right. But I think we should take a look at the lower leagues in England, there will be some uncovered gems there. Or offer it to Steve Coppell though he'd never take it.