Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

Put it simply, today was light years ahead of what even the most optimistic of us would have thougt possible early July in the midst of the firesale.

We fucking leathered them, especially in the first half. Yes, it wasn't as comprehensive and assured total attacking performance as we were putting in after 3 months of McGhoo, but im now pretty sure thats gonna come.

Hutchinson is so assured at the back and has now a proven goal threat

Forbes is going to be the main man for a good while yet and will play at a much higher level than us. Whenever the ball falls to his left peg he's looking to ping it top corner

Saunders - i thought he was alright last season when chucked in, wasnt that impressed in the euro run, but the lad had a great game today!

Slane-how has anyone in this thread said anything bad about the guy, he only got 15 minutes and lit the place up. He is without doubt the new faddy. When he came on the stadium stood up. First real effort was a belter of a run up the park. As for not passing, i thought the boy would have scored had he shot, rather than back heeled to jennings. The boys gonna get better and better. Impact sub sometimes, but he's too good to keep on the bench for long.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to get a win today against a team that, as others have pointed out, we have struggled against no matter how good or bad their team is.

I thought we started quite brightly today and once we got the first goal, the result was never really in doubt. Kilmarnock never offered much today but a lot of that can be put down to the fact we spotted where the threat would be and nullified it for the most part. Kyle got one free header all day, and the whole back four need to take a lot of credit for that. But for me, Hutchison was outstanding. Against a guy whose goalscoring record for Kilmarnock is phenomenal, he looked like he'd been playing in the SPL for years. And as for his goal, as Craig Paterson said on Radio Scotland "will give centre halves a bad name". Aye, other centre halves...

Going forward, the emergence of Forbes and Slane has overshadowed a wee bit the fact that in Coke and O'Brien, we've got two guys who've been fantastic. Coke looks like a great acquisition, the only fear being that we should enjoy him as much as we can this season because if he keeps up his form, he'll be hard to keep a hold of. O'Brien has done well this season, having been asked to play in a couple of different positions. Today, he was immense. He seems determined to score a goal with one touch from a throw in, similar to that effort he had against the post last week. He tried it twice today and went close again on both occasions. Strange to think that at 22 and 23, O'Brien and Coke are the senior men in our midfield at the moment. O'Brien is another guy whose contract is up next summer. Maybe time to start talking to him now?

All in all a lot to be positive about today. As someone else stated, we never hit the heights we did against Bucharest (1st half in Airdrie) and in the second half last week, but still dealt with Kilmarnock with little trouble. They had a 15-20 minute spell in the second half where they had a lot of the ball, but we limited them to playing in front of us.

All I know is that I saw more smiling faces leaving Fir Park today than I had in a while...

Good to get a win today against a team that, as others have pointed out, we have struggled against no matter how good or bad their team is.

I thought we started quite brightly today and once we got the first goal, the result was never really in doubt. Kilmarnock never offered much today but a lot of that can be put down to the fact we spotted where the threat would be and nullified it for the most part. Kyle got one free header all day, and the whole back four need to take a lot of credit for that. But for me, Hutchison was outstanding. Against a guy whose goalscoring record for Kilmarnock is phenomenal, he looked like he'd been playing in the SPL for years. And as for his goal, as Craig Paterson said on Radio Scotland "will give centre halves a bad name". Aye, other centre halves...

Going forward, the emergence of Forbes and Slane has overshadowed a wee bit the fact that in Coke and O'Brien, we've got two guys who've been fantastic. Coke looks like a great acquisition, the only fear being that we should enjoy him as much as we can this season because if he keeps up his form, he'll be hard to keep a hold of. O'Brien has done well this season, having been asked to play in a couple of different positions. Today, he was immense. He seems determined to score a goal with one touch from a throw in, similar to that effort he had against the post last week. He tried it twice today and went close again on both occasions. Strange to think that at 22 and 23, O'Brien and Coke are the senior men in our midfield at the moment. O'Brien is another guy whose contract is up next summer. Maybe time to start talking to him now?

All in all a lot to be positive about today. As someone else stated, we never hit the heights we did against Bucharest (1st half in Airdrie) and in the second half last week, but still dealt with Kilmarnock with little trouble. They had a 15-20 minute spell in the second half where they had a lot of the ball, but we limited them to playing in front of us.

All I know is that I saw more smiling faces leaving Fir Park today than I had in a while...

He had a decent game today

The two goals from last week are available to watch on BBC !

O'Brien has done well this season, having been asked to play in a couple of different positions. Today, he was immense. He seems determined to score a goal with one touch from a throw in, similar to that effort he had against the post last week. He tried it twice today and went close again on both occasions.

Interesting you mention the throw in Melvin. Commented yesterday how refreshing it was to see some innovation from a throw in, something we've generally been lacking in over a number of managers.

Its evident from that - and the free-kicks aimed into Hutch into the box too that there's obviously a fair bit of work going on with regard to dead-ball situations, on the training ground that is being successfully replicated in matches.

Can I be the first to say Kyle's a big diddy.

if 'that's' what we're shittin wur pants aboot then we're in big trouble.

Maybe we could focus on cutting off his supply?

Can I just bring this post back to the attention of everyone that wanted have this fud in our team? <_<

Yes, a very good result and a great performance especially in view of the youngsters we fielded. The team played some excellent flowing football that excited us all. Jimbo has certainly turned things around.

Especially impressed with O'Brien, Hutchison, Coke and Forbes, but no real failures in the side. Craigan and Hutchison coped reasonably well with Killie's aerial threat. One thing which did impress me was that we did not concede as many needless corners and free kicks as we did last season. That in itself limited Killie's threat. Work has also been done on the training ground on set pieces.

A cracking goal from Hutchison and what a an effort from Forbes when he cracked a tremenous shot off the woodwork - he obviously practises that in training.

On the debit side we still need to bolster our defence. There were still too many spaces appearing at times and it was no surprise that Killie scored, although one was all they deserved. In the second half we defended too deeply or tired, and we paid the penalty for that.

If the scoreline had reflected the game in general we'd have won by 5 or 6-1. We didn't quite show the killer instinct in the box.

JG is right to pursue another defender and striker. Despite us playing well what is so encouraging is that he is still looking to address our weaknesses. It would seem he's a bit of a perfectionist. All in all a good day at the office.

JG is right to pursue another defender and striker. Despite us playing well what is so encouraging is that he is still looking to address our weaknesses. It would seem he's a bit of a perfectionist. All in all a good day at the office.

I actually don't think he is looking for these players to "address our weaknesses" but rather to give us another option if or when we need it. Gannon has already proved that he will not favour "his signings" over current squad members unless they prove they are better that what has played the week before.

Tremendous viewing yesterday albeit our change in tactics at the beginning of the 2nd half made nervous. I think Humphrey looked a lot last week with Murphy & co feeding him balls that cut out the fullback.

Anyway, good solid performances from everyone in conjunction with a sparkling Jim O'Brien made for a very comfortable victory.

Looking forward, the challenge for Gannon is to keep the feet of these young guns firmly on the ground, while getting new contracts for the lads before poison like Willie MacKay starts sniffing around.

In the meantine however, I love watching a group of enthusiastic talented youngsters who seem to thrive upon pulling on a 'Well jersey and playing some lovely fitba.

JG delivered what he promised - attractive attacking football. Great to watch. There is now an air of excitement every time we go forward. For 4-5 seasons, I barely applauded the winning of a corner cos we were so inept at them. Now Forbes puts in some lethal balls - for others to attack and finish.

Great stuff.

I'm judging him not only on today but the past seven games he has played. He offers nothing more than Steven McGarry apart from someone who looks unfit that charges about the middle of the park.

It was the only minor point in what was a fantastic performance by the team.

The past seven games he's played? He's only played four according to the official. So I think you know aswell as I do, that your just looking for negatives in a day of positives. How you can judge a player on two starts for a club baffles me. It really does.

Jennings and McGarry are two very different players in terms of what they offer. Jennings is very much a defensive / holding midfielder, McGarry is more progressive.

i go back to what i said earlier - Jennings looks as if he's off the pace and I think that will come. Some players come up from the English Leagues already equipped with enough pace to slot in. Others that we've seen here at Fir Park and elsewhere take far longer to adjust to the pace of the game. I think there's a lot to be positive about with this guy and I'm prepared to give Jennings slack as I'm sure he'll come good.

Delighted with the result and how we performed to achieve it. Some of the fitba we played was excellent and the work rate and enthusiasm was a joy to behold.

Killie will seriously need to re-think their tactics cos their fans will be in for a long season watching that.

However we were excellent and here's hoping we can add to the squad to keep us competitive throughout the season.

The past seven games he's played? He's only played four according to the official. So I think you know aswell as I do, that your just looking for negatives in a day of positives. How you can judge a player on two starts for a club baffles me. It really does.

Well said, there are far too many Motherwell supporters that just want to moan, that's if you can really call them supporter's with their negativity! I've said it before and I'll say it again, us scots are our own worst enemy and our negativity is the reason that we struggle and not just in football!

Well said, there are far too many Motherwell supporters that just want to moan, that's if you can really call them supporter's with their negativity! I've said it before and I'll say it again, us scots are our own worst enemy and our negativity is the reason that we struggle and not just in football!

A significant number of our support need someone to target every season. I dunno the reasons for it, maybe folk just have such shite lives that they need someone to berate on a Saturday in order to make themselves feel better.

Whatever the reasons, it looks like Fitzpatrick isn't going to feature much this season, so the East Stand will need another Motherwell player to single out.

I actually predicted that it would be Jennings on an another thread where a Tranmere fan said he was a confidence player. It would be typical Motherwell to land a talented player who plays well when he's confident, and then completely shatter his confidence by claiming he's shite.