Mcghee The Patroniser

Albie

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Scotsman,

It doesn't do to delve into the psyche of the football supporter who has been spurned; it is too bilious for most reasonable people. The fact then that McGhee was indeed baited throughout by a section of visiting fans wasn't what shocked during the opening period. It was the sheer unrelenting venom of the enmity displayed in charming ditties.

Two minutes in it was "if you hate Mark McGhee clap your hands". Fair enough. A couple of minutes later they told him he was "a w****r". Then he was "a fat Celtic reject and "a poor Tony Mowbray".

All acceptable if, by that stage, somewhat wearing. But is it OK for supporters of any club to call a manager a "sad f****n bastard". Or is that only an issue when the club is Rangers? And what about their jeer that he was a "paedophile"?

"Some of it was pretty disgusting, and totally out of order," McGhee said. "I would like to think it's not the majority. I don't know what this is all about. I didn't do anything to deserve that. I'm quite proud of what I achieved at Motherwell and still have a great feeling for the club. I had two great years there. I thought it would be more humorous. I don't mind being called fat but some of the other stuff was out of order."

Motherwell defender Mark Reynolds wasn't for criticising his own supporters. Unsurprisingly. "It will take a while for them to forget that Mark McGhee left them in the cold to come to what he said was a bigger club."

Typical Scottish media, hearing what it wants.

Hopefully some of those so outraged out our support will be quick to inform the media of their mistakes.

"Sheep shagging bastard" yes, "f****n bastard" no.

aye that's true.

mark mcghee being a paedophile isn't true.

try to learn and mature from this.

And your post was mature Bryson? A lot worse could be said about yourself but i'll leave the personal attacks over the internet for the arseholes that wouldn't have the balls to do it in person.

And your post was mature Bryson? A lot worse could be said about yourself but i'll leave the personal attacks over the internet for the arseholes that wouldn't have the stick to do it in person.

say whatever you want.

your cousin has come on and has defended mcghee being called a paedophile. why?

edited cause i forgot to call you fatley

Move on and stop getting hysterical about a song. Singing tastless songs are unfortunatly a part of going to the football i dont agree with a lot of the songs i hear at the games but what are you going to do have a stand up with everyone that says something that you dont like?

The PC brigade, especially the media troll these morals out when it suits them, get over it, next week it will be some other racist, BIGOTED sexist chants that will be ignored because of who shouts them. Give you a hint wont be any so called big 2 that get hammered for it.

Rules for ones and rules for others? :lol::lol:

We can all stand on the moral high ground but some of these younger boys that might be starting these songs dont have the life experience some of us senior members have, i can remember goinn to Tannadice many moons ago when we just got promoted to the top division and sang through a minutes silence for someone who had died, obviously i wouldnt dream of doing this now something you learn as you get older.

This will always happen, something i dont agree with personally but allowences and some tollerence should be made when this happens. The younger ones must also realise that this kind of chanting damages the club with the media who look for a sensetional story to fill thier rags.

Rant over Mon The Dossers :notworthy:

Typical Scottish media, hearing what it wants.

Hopefully some of those so outraged out our support will be quick to inform the media of their mistakes.

"Sheep shagging bastard" yes, "f****n bastard" no.

I'm not sure given the quality of the chants that we have the right to be offended about the way it's portrayed in the media. Arguing about whether we called someone an effing bastard or a sheep shagging bastard kind of pales into insignificance. People can call McGhee what they like but there will be consequences for the club whether we like it or not. I'm surprised that given that everyone seems to have taken to Jim Gannon and the team are doing well, that there seems to be so much dislike towards McGhee and it's getting worse. He's moved on, it's about time we did.

A small section of our fans were responsible for this, but they were vocal enough to make sure that we're going to be all over the press for all the wrong reasons. When the truth is that generally our fans are something to be proud of. I wonder what the players and Gannon think of the support tonight. We might think that because we have paid our money we have the right to say anything we like. But if it backfires on the club badly, it's not worth it.

This is no "effing" bastard, this is the 'dreaded' F word, which refers to those of Irish sypmathies which is far worse, in the medias eye than any Paedo shouts from our fans which at the end of the day, whilst funny for a time, do get old.

The 'F' word is the one that is likely to see the club in trouble and in this instance is one word that I did not hear sang loud at the game today.

This is no "effing" bastard, this is the 'dreaded' F word, which refers to those of Irish sypmathies which is far worse, in the medias eye than any Paedo shouts from our fans which at the end of the day, whilst funny for a time, do get old.

The 'F' word is the one that is likely to see the club in trouble and in this instance is one word that I did not hear sang loud at the game today.

Was the f word sang, or just not loudly?

I'm not sure given the quality of the chants that we have the right to be offended about the way it's portrayed in the media. Arguing about whether we called someone an effing bastard or a sheep shagging bastard kind of pales into insignificance.

No, it doesn't. The fact is no one chanted the word f****n, which is a bit of a buzz word these days.

A small section of our fans were responsible for this

Rubbish, I'd say half were singing that stuff today. That's not a 'small" section.

I wonder what the players and Gannon think of the support tonight.

Read what Reynolds has already said. I basically see it as him saying "that's what he gets".

Aye, fair enough, the chants were a bit OTT but folk need to calm now. We didn't fucking lynch him.

Ok, I understand but as I said, I think the paedo chants will see the club in trouble no matter what. I hope the idiots who sang these songs understand the potential damage it could have done to Motherwell's reputation. Instead of the papers being full of how well we played, it's all going to focus on these chants and it just gives McGhee a platform to slate the Motherwell fans.

In this case deserved.

obviously

I think if i was standing in the ramshackle aberdeen dug out with my grubby tight fitting red polo shirt on, i wouldnt be over the moon with chants of how im a paedophile. I'd also be feeling pretty shitty about the allegation that i pump sheep.

The Feenyin word, I never heard mentioned in the ground today at all.

And see to be honest, I have NEVER heard a Motherwell support so loud at an away match for a LONG time as it was today, you can't tell me that was a minority singing those songs, we never heard a peep from the home fans all game and rightly or wrongly it was down to the noise coming from our end.

Edit: Having read a few match reports already, the papers would not be mentioning one word about how well we played, as we were absolutely honking as most of the rest of the report other than the opening few pars state.

The 'storm' will blow over come Monday's papers with transfer deadling day looming and McDonald apparently leaving Celtic for £5million of the Mail is to be believed.

So that makes it alright to call someone a paedophile? I'm sure he was best pleased when we rolled that chant out.

No it doesnt make it alright but the question was about a specific person who had been convicted of having underage sex with someone, something MmG has not been charged with.

Unless you have any personel experience to prove me wrong?

say whatever you want.

your cousin has come on and has defended mcghee being called a paedophile. why?

edited cause i forgot to call you fatley

Damaging :lol:

To be fair i'd imagine its quite hard for you to get your words out in person Bryson seeing as no c**t can stand talking to you for over 2 seconds as you spray a small fountain from your virgin lips. So on this occasion i guess it makes sense for a man of your age to resort to name calling over the internet. In all seriousness though is it some sort of extra saliva problem or are you just a complete downer?

Edited to also point out the fact you're specky and ginger.