Accies V Well

mfc

The football was better at the fife derby as well. Two teams getting right into it, quite a few blood and snotters challenges, players giving it big to the fans. And the holy grail, some goals.

That and fifers are weird. Really, really weird. Dunfermline fans are townies, apparently.

I thought it was a pretty good turn out from the Motherwell fans yesterday.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not sure that is the only reason. Attendance figures have barely risen above 3,500 for Derby games at New Douglas Park. And probably not much above 5,000 - 5,500 at Fir Park.

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 20th Dec 2008 Att: 3,527

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 16th May 2009 Att: 3,383

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 7th Nov 2009 Att: 3,583

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 13th Feb 2010 Att: 3,133

Going by the support we've taken over, I think we've had more fans than Hamilton at each of them.

The football was better at the fife derby as well. Two teams getting right into it, quite a few blood and snotters challenges
There is another thing that is killing our game. Focus on effort and hard tackling over actual footballing skill.

There is another thing that is killing our game. Focus on effort and hard tackling over actual footballing skill.

Oh I know, but it was still better viewing. I'd happily take skill over tackling and effort, but given that the Hamilton - Motherwell game was devoid of both..

Oh I know, but it was still better viewing. I'd happily take skill over tackling and effort, but given that the Hamilton - Motherwell game was devoid of both..

A bit harsh on Accies. They worked tirelessly for 90 minutes and closed us down very effectively. Irrespective of where on the park our lads had the ball there was always at least a couple of their players in our face to stifle us.

I was especially impressed by the way in which they closed down our defenders when their moves broke down. If they lost the ball in our box they immediately harried and hassled our lad who had won the ball. By comparison we back peddled as quickly as possible when they won the ball from us.

Was it good to watch - not especially but thats another matter.

Its a point... more than happy with that.... i see we are going back to the good old put Humphrey on the bench one liners again... there is plenty more players that need hoofing to the bench before Humphrey... Craggs is one of them shocking for the last few months ... The new manager will turn it around... that was most Prob youngs team out there Sat, next week live on the TV will be the real test.... same team next week less Blackman..

Good game to win.

Wee boy was the 'well match mascot and loved his day (90 pish minutes apart) and loved the reception he got off the travelling support.

That would explain the pics of you suited and booted next to our dugout.

And here I thought you'd managed to get the assistant's job.