The Chase For The Top Six

Rickoza

i think it'll go down to the last game before the split with us and inverness battling it out for 6th place. i think we'll need to get atleast a point out our away games and maximum points at home to have any chance of making the top 6.i just hope that defeat to st mirren doesnt come back to haunt us

Always surprises me that people hone in on a recent poor performance as a reason for not making a certain points threshold. If we don't make the top 6 it's because of all the stupid points we dropped either through error or a lackluster display over the whole of this season.

Jeffers can do whatever the fuck he wants as far as I'm concerned, as long as it doesn't involve Motherwell.

On what basis are you saying that? Talk about not giving someone a chance? The guy is not fully fit yet, has not played 90 minutes in every game, and he won us a point at Pittodrie.

I'm not saying he will do but for goodness sake give him a chance.

On what basis are you saying that? Talk about not giving someone a chance? The guy is not fully fit yet, has not played 90 minutes in every game, and he won us a point at Pittodrie.

I'm not saying he will do but for goodness sake give him a chance.

Jeffers wisnae fit when he played oot here and he's still no fit how many chances dae ye want tae gie him? He will be gone by the summer:nod:

Jeffers wisnae fit when he played oot here and he's still no fit how many chances dae ye want tae gie him? He will be gone by the summer:nod:

One chance thats all. He's never played for us before, this is his first time.

Like most new players he'll take time to settle in. He might make it he might not, be we need to give him a chance. He's been no worse nor no better than most other players in recent weeks, so why are some folk singling him for special attention. If he's in a C & A shirt he's got my support.

Like most new players he'll take time to settle in. He might make it he might not, be we need to give him a chance. He's been no worse nor no better than most other players in recent weeks, so why are some folk singling him for special attention. If he's in a C & A shirt he's got my support.

You can bet that he's not getting paid a pittance every week, that's for sure.

Once the summer window opens we'll be able to get two players for the wages he's getting, and those players may even be fit enough to play.

i think it's down to us versus caley now. we have to match their points total from the 4 next matches.

we have

killie (a), aberdeen (h) united (h) hearts (a)

they have

united (a) celtic (h) killie (a) hearts (h)

Agree a couple of wins we will be there.........but knowing us we will beat Killie lose the two home games, then squander a 3 goal lead at Swinecastle for Casagolda to score with with a mist hit shot in the 97th minute :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

When are the ICT games to be played. Only giving details of the killie and hearts games on bbc.

Is the celtic game mid week again?

If it is think the long travel will be too much for them. A draw against hearts will be enough and we seem to have hit a positive run at the moment. 3 in a row. Holy Jesus.

I think they are hoping to play the ict v Celtic game after the split, although that would need us to beat hearts, or ict to lose a game, or us drawing, and ict only getting a draw in either of their 2 games.

Seems quite feasible that we could lose at tynecastle, and ict get 4 or 6 points from their 2 games, which would mean they would probably need to draw up 2 sets of fixtures, and squeeze the ict v Celtic game in sometime in the next 2 weeks.

The top 6 place is sorted :nod: ICT are not going to get 3 wins in a row against Killie, Hearts and Celtic, at the most they may get 4 points, 3 from Killie and 1 from Hearts. We can go to Tynecastle and enjoy ourselves and keep the good form going, Hearts are struggling a bit just now, 4th place is still a possibillity. Mon the well

I think they are hoping to play the ict v Celtic game after the split, although that would need us to beat hearts, or ict to lose a game, or us drawing, and ict only getting a draw in either of their 2 games.

Seems quite feasible that we could lose at tynecastle, and ict get 4 or 6 points from their 2 games, which would mean they would probably need to draw up 2 sets of fixtures, and squeeze the ict v Celtic game in sometime in the next 2 weeks.

The ICT v Celtic game is scheduled for next Thursday if we haven't secured our top 6 slot by then. That is 48 hours after Celtic play St Johnstone in Perth.

I feel confident in saying I think the top six is in the bag (McCall said 42 would clinch it a few weeks back), however it wouldn't be the first time Celtic have bottled it in Inverness (Jan 2009).

Next issue is overtaking both Killie and Dundee Utd. 4th place carries an extra £160k in prize money. It feels nice typing this considering our 8th place and impending doom permiated by some a few weeks ago. It would be good to achieve as we missed our chance last season to a Hibs side that was already starting to self destruct.

Next issue is overtaking both Killie and Dundee Utd. 4th place carries an extra £160k in prize money.

It pains me to say it, but financially our league position is worth far more than any cup win.

Maybe we should rest a few of our big players for the cup semi in order to keep them fresh for the remainder of our league campaign.ph34r.gifph34r.gif

I know what you are saying about the money for our league position but our share of the pooled semi gates plus a cup final share if we beat St Johnstone would surely add up to the same as the difference of a couple of league placings.

We should be looking at 4th place in the league + cup final win.

Mon the Dossers

It pains me to say it, but financially our league position is worth far more than any cup win.

Maybe we should rest a few of our big players for the cup semi in order to keep them fresh for the remainder of our league campaign.ph34r.gifph34r.gif

i think the cup is probably worth more.

half the gate from the final would be worth around £400k plus the tv money. add in all the merchandise and hospitality the club could sell and you're looking at a fair old sum.

the money isn't the biggest issue anyway, winning the cup would give us benefits money can't buy.