2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

"Motherwell ace Jamie Murphy a £250k deadline day target for Blackpool", according to today's Rancid. I'd take it if it got Henrik tied up for a couple of years...

aberdeen got 400k for chris maguire who was out of contract, we should be looking for at least that much.

getting out of fir park might be the best thing for jamie, i don't think mccall is interested or capable of bringing him on as a player. whent the manager thinks omar is a better option than you up front it's probably time to move on.

• Like 3

aberdeen got 400k for chris maguire who was out of contract, we should be looking for at least that much.

getting out of fir park might be the best thing for jamie, i don't think mccall is interested or capable of bringing him on as a player. whent the manager thinks omar is a better option than you up front it's probably time to move on.

Good shout that man!

By that admission, he could sign for us. He was only at Brentford for a month (less than 93 days), so would we not then become the second club?

Or am I picking something up wrong?

The English FA don't count emergency loans as a player representing a second club, the SFA/SPL do though. We found out the awkward way that we couldn't play Mike Grella, even though his spell at Carlisle was an emergency loan (less than 93 days). He couldn't play for us but he went back down South and played for Swindon Town on loan.

If Clarky's going to play for another club this season (other than Bristol City or Brentford), it would have to be a club in the English leagues.

Now if he goes do we try and get a loan deal in to replace him? Certainly we have a few options up front now but our squad is still quite small and Jamie is still our second highest goalscorer this season. Not his best season...but still a loss.

I'd like to think if we did lose someone McCall wouldn't be so naive as to not have a back up plan. A few irons in the fire so to speak inacse someone does leave. Though the later we leave selling someone the harder it will be to squeeze someone else in before the window shuts.

Anyway it's all speculation from the trusty record. Which means it's probably complete shite.

Jamie Murphy has been far from his best this season IMO, but Motherwell should chase anyone that only offers £250k.

Clarkson? where would we play him? Wouldn't put him infront of Higgy or Ojamma personally.

I suppose he might win us some penalties when the Clarkson sniper shows up.

Can anyone provide stats of Clarky's goal scoring record with us, year by year? I seem to remember he had a great season when he was 17, followed by 3 or 4 pretty poor seasons and then a decent one under McGhee before leaving?

main thing I remember was when ever he came on as a sub he always scored!

Can anyone provide stats of Clarky's goal scoring record with us, year by year? I seem to remember he had a great season when he was 17, followed by 3 or 4 pretty poor seasons and then a decent one under McGhee before leaving?

From Soccerbase:

Year: Apps (Goals)

2002/3: 23 (3)

2003/4: 42 (14)

2004/5: 41 (4)

2005/6: 33 (5)

2006/7: 34 (3)

2007/8: 42 (14)

2008/9: 38 (14)

And since he left:

2009/10: 27 (4)

2010/11: 35 (7)

2011/12: 10 (1)

Though to be fair apart from not being a regular for City he has been played in midfield more than upfront for them or certainly was for a good spell when he was getting a game.

Take him back in a heartbeat. Given we play a front 3 of sorts we could get him in there. Esp if Murphy moves on.

Like Malky, I'd have him back in an instant. But given the rules, looks impossible right now. Maybe in the summer? Certainly reckon he could partner either Ojamma or Higdon and it would work..

If we got offered anywhere north of £300k for Murphy from Blackpool we'd be mental to turn it down. Mind you, given what they did with Adam I'd be tempted by £250k and a percentage of a future fee. Reckon he'd do well somewhere that he wasn't burdened with expectations. Also might not get marked as tightly at first..

Everton buying Jelavic and Donovan this window is only pushing Mcfadden further down the pecking order for them ...

This has been done to death on here, but who knows, a wee 6 month loan deal to put himself in the shop window for the summer?

Everton buying Jelavic and Donovan this window is only pushing Mcfadden further down the pecking order for them ...

This has been done to death on here, but who knows, a wee 6 month loan deal to put himself in the shop window for the summer?

All McFadden is good for right now is well anything but playing football. The fact Everton have never played him as a striker - really doesn't mean anything when they signs strikers