2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

LOL not really mate - but its all about opinons - I just hope SMcC sees it the same way. Wouldn't stop me supporting him though should he sign.

I don't see how people don't rate Clarkson. I can understand how they didn't rate him and even have doubts about ability to recreate best form after being a bench warmer at best this season and not playing week in week out.

However he scored something like 28 goals over his last two seasons with us, and I remember him creating a good few and he worked his socks off.

Don't get me wrong he isn't top drawer. He not got the touch and skill of McFadden or McCormack, not got pace of Humphrey, he not got the strength of Sutton or Higdon. But all round as a player he more than contributed for us.

I do prefer we bring someone else through but if he did come back I'd only be optimisitic we'd get potentially a better player than first time around in way could argue Hammell and Lasley have been.

Ian Holloway has ruled out a move for Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy, but the player's agent says anything could yet happen.

The Seasiders were knocked back in a bid for the 22-year-old earlier this month - and last summer - believed to be in the region of £250,000.

Murphy, who can play wide or off the front man, arguably hasn't scored the goals that warrant a hefty price tag - notching 11 last season and eight so far this campaign.

And Ollie is insistent that he won't be going back in for the player.

'Our inquiry was totally knocked back earlier this month and we haven`t gone back in for him,' he said.

'So that deal won't happen as far as I'm concerned.'

However, the player's representatives aren't ruling out a move today, stating that anything could happen before the 11 o'clock deadline. That could tempt Blackpool to renew their interest before the day is out.

Scott Allan went to West Brom from United for £400000.00 and Jack Grimmer (who?) went to Fulham from Aberdeen for £300000.00.

I reckon Murphy is better than both of them. We should demand a proper fee for him, unless we really need the funds to secure another player (Ojamaa).

I'm all for selling players on at the right time but it would take a very decent offer for me to contemplate selling Hutchison halfway though a season. If he steers clear of injuries, there is plenty money to be made from him.

Yep, Im with you there. But at the end of the day, how happy is Hutch going to be if he could get 3+ times his salary somewhere else and we put the blockers on it??

Im resigned to losing the big man at some point, hopefully not today though!

I'm all for selling players on at the right time but it would take a very decent offer for me to contemplate selling Hutchison halfway though a season. If he steers clear of injuries, there is plenty money to be made from him.

Problem is he has been prone to injuries. He's had long spells out injured in each of the last three seasons. I'm not sure there is 'big' money to be made of him until he's clocked in a few 30+ games a season.

My mate tells me that according to a R*ngers forum "Motherwell have been credited with an interest in taking Kirk Broadfoot and Jamie Ness on loan for the rest of the season".

Don't know if there's any truth in it's a possibility McCall has sounded them out in case we lose a couple at the last minute.

Problem is he has been prone to injuries. He's had long spells out injured in each of the last three seasons. I'm not sure there is 'big' money to be made of him until he's clocked in a few 30+ games a season.

Has he not just had one long term injury?

Craig Brown never played him - he wasn't injured the whole time.

Don't expect us to sign anyone even on loan today unless we get an offer we can't refuse for someone. The interesting thing for Motherwell fans should be the list of players released today. A few times we've picked up free agents after the window has closed..

I'm a bit surprised that we haven't maybe looked at bringing in a midfielder on loan with the outcome of Jennings court case still unknown..