2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Motherwell must have a great rep amongst players down south.... Getting a team together for next season should be a walk in the park. People come to Motherwell and want to play, for the simple reason being - look where it can propel your career. Championship at worse?

Id take Hughes back in a heart beat.... Bring him in along side some youngsters and you have a gem, injured or not.

Just had a look at the twitter post from Flow to Murphy; can't be a good sign for us when the club staff are chasing down players on holiday to get in contact witht the club asap. They must have had a serious offer to bother him on his holiday. Don't think I can stand us losing Murph after Sutton :cry:

Just had a look at the twitter post from Flow to Murphy; can't be a good sign for us when the club staff are chasing down players on holiday to get in contact witht the club asap. They must have had a serious offer to bother him on his holiday. Don't think I can stand us losing Murph after Sutton :cry:

Does the club not have Murphy's number? Using Twitter is a wee bit unprofessional (and public).

• Like 1

Does the club not have Murphy's number? Using Twitter is a wee bit unprofessional (and public).

Does the fact that Allan has used his own twitter account and not the club one not suggest that maybe its not a club matter ?

One of the problems with Twitter is followers see a short message to one person and get no idea of context.

Close season madness is indeed upon us

I for one would take Hughes back, granted his form was far better in season one than season two. I think we are crying out for some creation in midfield. As much as I highly rate both Jennings and Lasley, neither are the creative type and a midfield three of those two and Hughes sounds a good prospect.

Hughes, although a good player, doesn't score enough goals for an attacking midfielder. I could be wrong but I reckon Lasley probably scored more in the two seasons Hughes was here. And Lasley isn't exactly Frank Lampard...

Whether I'd be happy to see Murphy go depends on the fee. Given the length of his contract and his potential, we should be looking for seven figures given the fees down south. Aye, we'd miss him but him leaving might solve a problem for us. We might actually find an out and out winger and not waste him out there. He's clearly one of our most gifted players but can't play up front himself. Playing him at left wing seems more about getting our best players on the park, even if not in their best positions..

Having said that I'd be quite happy to see him still at Fir Park next season..