Inverness Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

gdalli10

With Utd and Hibs winning the pressure is on for a top 6 place with 7 teams still capable of getting the last 3 places. Our recent league record up there has been good recently and I hope it continues.

same team as Sunday 2-0 'Well win

This will be my first jaunt up to inverness to see the 'well and i must admit im right up for it!

After quite comfortably beating celtic and with Craigan being available again it seems that McCall will have a bit of a decision to make regards the back four. It would seem mental to change it after sunday, but Craigan is club captain after all.

Team wise i think McCall will go

Randolph

Hateley

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Jenno

Forbes

Sutton

Murphy

Subs:

Hollis, Page, Craigan, Meechan, Pollock, Casagolda & Jeffers.

Hopefully we'll be heading back down the road with all 3 points.. 1-3 to the 'well!

McCall got his tactics spot on against celtic but I feel that the same team wouldn't fair as well against ITC. I think that we need 2 strikers playing up front and a 4 man midfield. I think that trying to play Ross on the left of midfield wouldn't work and could dent his confidence so I'd rather see him dropped to the bench and we played Murphy/Jones on the left with either Murphy/Jeffers partnering Sutton up front (Might this be the perfect game to rest Murphy, start with Jeffers and then bring Jamie on for the last half hour if required? The guy's had a terrific season but might benefit from a wee rest - remember we have the cup game the following week and Jeffers also needs match practice). The back 4 I'd be tempted to keep as is.

McCall got his tactics spot on against celtic but I feel that the same team wouldn't fair as well against ITC. I think that we need 2 strikers playing up front and a 4 man midfield. I think that trying to play Ross on the left of midfield wouldn't work and could dent his confidence so I'd rather see him dropped to the bench and we played Murphy/Jones on the left with either Murphy/Jeffers partnering Sutton up front (Might this be the perfect game to rest Murphy, start with Jeffers and then bring Jamie on for the last half hour if required? The guy's had a terrific season but might benefit from a wee rest - remember we have the cup game the following week and Jeffers also needs match practice). The back 4 I'd be tempted to keep as is.

This appears very sensible to me, although it must be tempting to retain the same starting X1 that did so well on Sunday. I would restore Jeffers to the side as his predatory instincts should come in handy against a stuffy side like ICT.

As long as we compete we should be good enough to win, although a draw would be a lot of neutral's best bet. I'll say 1-0 to the Well with Jeffers on target.

Same team that beat Celtic. No brainer.

Sorry mate but I think your wrong. The team on sunday was set up with only 1 striker and 5 in midfield. The last time I saw us play that way up in Inverness was the cup game- this suited ITC and we got humped!

We need to play with 2 strikers and 4 in midfield with the guys playing wide left and right being able to get up the wings and support the front two.

No matter how good the guys played on sunday, each game should be looked at differently and if need be changes should be made to allow us to play to our strengths and their weaknesses.

I'd have to disagree with that ^ I thought we looked MUCH better going forward with the 5 across the middle and Sutton up top on his own. Murphy and Humphrey supported him very well, as did Lasley, Forbes and Jenno.

If we play with the confidence and attacking ability that we did on Sunday, we'll win. A winning system is a winning system, no matter who it is against.

terry b will be desperate to stop ict,s slump so we need to play to their weakness,s. stuart m will have to decide whether our captain should be playing or not (glad he has to make these decisions). hopefully we will make the long journey back with a smile on our faces 2-1 ,well ;)

Sorry mate but I think your wrong. The team on sunday was set up with only 1 striker and 5 in midfield. The last time I saw us play that way up in Inverness was the cup game- this suited ITC and we got humped!

We need to play with 2 strikers and 4 in midfield with the guys playing wide left and right being able to get up the wings and support the front two.

No matter how good the guys played on sunday, each game should be looked at differently and if need be changes should be made to allow us to play to our strengths and their weaknesses.

Got to say I agree with this.

Yes confident of a win here and my 2nd visit to the Highland capital this season. They're on a downer at the moment but NAE FECKIN COMPLACENCY PLEASE!!! Couldn't bear another StMirren 1-0er. Sutton and Jeffers up front for me by the way. :rolleyes:

Traditionally a happy hunting ground .............. lets hope that continues on Sat. :nod:

I presume you will be there on Saturday.

Wish we were coming up again. The trip up in November was superb.

Will look at making the trip up again next season and might be a few more of us. :evilgrin:

The three in the middle on Sunday was designed to stifle and break the play up and stop them getting the ball wide. Is that going to be necessary against Inverness? Not so sure. Think I'd be inclined to bring Jeffers in for Forbes (which is no reflection on his performance on Sunday) and play a 4-4-2. Alternatively I'd play the same shape as we did at Aberdeen and remove Humphrey.

Think Saturday will be a tight game and could go 1 nil either way. Sure I heard the other day Inverness have only won three at home all season so with a bit of luck we can go there and keep it at three.

Believe it or not I have still not made my mind up on going to the game or not. Going up is ok but can I be arsed with the long drive back down the road. I think I am right in saying that it will take me a few hours down the A9 to reach Perth meaning I will need to do a good bit of the A9 in what I am sure is going to be pitch black? Thats whats putting me off.

Mon the 'Well!!!!

Anyone going to the game tomorrow? - Can't make it myself. I have two tickets to be claimed if anyone wants them. You would have to pick them up at the ICT ticket office tho. If anyone is intrested just say and i will PM you the details. Cheers.