Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

:doh: I'm ashamed to admit that I have a fair degree of sympathy for the manky bastards to be honest, we are going to ask for 20k tickets? More than 5times our average home support. I can see why they are raging, but fuck them :laugh: .

100% agree,

We only need to be embarrassed if we don't sell what we ask for. Otherwise, tradition dictates that cup finals are as close to 50/50 allocation as is sensibly possible. And we all know how Celtic fans love their traditions, so they should be delighted :laugh:

Its a Final, a one off game and should be split equally, as much as is possible. It shouldn't matter how big either club is. The FA Cup final against Man Ure three years back, both clubs got 25,000 each, despite Old Trafford holding 30,000 more than the bridge. Cup final last year, Pompey got the same amount as Chels, despite their ground only being half the size as the bridge. Should be as even as possible. Only gripe with the FA Cup was 40,000 tickets going to sponsors, corporate and all that malarky.

Motherwell will probably get all the West end and half the main stand which is what?, around 18000 maybe?

My original thought was that 15000 tickets would be plenty, but I'm coming round to the idea that it's a final at a neutral venue, so if we can sell 50%, we should get 50%.

Incidentally, as it's a neutral venue, why is their a "Celtic end"? And will our buses have to take the ridiculous route they had to take for the semi? This rangers and Celtic end nonsense should only apply when they play each other!!

Also, if we get 50/50, with the option to return some, presumably we'd have to sell main stand and behind the goals 1st for segregation purposes? If I could pick my seat, I'd choose the north stand, but we wouldn't be allowed to sell that until we'd filled behind the goals.

When we're not involved I can see both sides of the debate. Should be neutral so therefore support should be split. But they have 50k who put into the game's coffers week in week out. However I'm a well fan so I want us to get every ticket we can squeeze out of it.

My original thought was that 15000 tickets would be plenty, but I'm coming round to the idea that it's a final at a neutral venue, so if we can sell 50%, we should get 50%.

Incidentally, as it's a neutral venue, why is their a "Celtic end"? And will our buses have to take the ridiculous route they had to take for the semi? This rangers and Celtic end nonsense should only apply when they play each other!!

Also, if we get 50/50, with the option to return some, presumably we'd have to sell main stand and behind the goals 1st for segregation purposes? If I could pick my seat, I'd choose the north stand, but we wouldn't be allowed to sell that until we'd filled behind the goals.

I would want to sit where I sat on Saturday...that would be ideal, right at the half way line across from the tunnel (pretty much where I sit at Fir Park incidentally) but I would imagine because its a final, and because its Celtic we're playing, then won't have us that close to each other again.

When we're not involved I can see both sides of the debate. Should be neutral so therefore support should be split. But they have 50k who put into the game's coffers week in week out. However I'm a well fan so I want us to get every ticket we can squeeze out of it.

No they don't, they have 50K that put money in Celtic's coffers every (second) week, they only have around 5K who put money in other teams coffers.

Quick question; I've got two boys but only took one to the Semi. Planning on taking both to the Final, will I have to pay for two family tickets (and therefore have one adult ticket too many) or will I be able to pay for an adult and two weans for the family section?

usually the case that you can buy 1 adult and buy as many cheapo kids tickets as you want. ;)

It's with a heavy heart that I type the fact that it lkooks like I will be missing the cup final. I had rediscovered my enthusiasm for it over the last couple of months following a few months where I couldn't be arsed. Didn't swap my shift for 21st May becuase I didn;t want to put a jinx on the whole thing. I had two people who I could ask at work to change shift with me. One is going away for their birthday that weekend (fair enough). The other, a Rangers fan who doesn't go to the games, informed me that he couldn't change shifts with me because he "quite fancies watching it on the telly...". Feel free to add your own expletives here There are another couple of long shots I could try but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be watching the cup final on a tiny telly in Wishaw General.

To say it's been a massive downer after a real high would possibly be understatement of the year...

It's with a heavy heart that I type the fact that it lkooks like I will be missing the cup final. I had rediscovered my enthusiasm for it over the last couple of months following a few months where I couldn't be arsed. Didn't swap my shift for 21st May becuase I didn;t want to put a jinx on the whole thing. I had two people who I could ask at work to change shift with me. One is going away for their birthday that weekend (fair enough). The other, a Rangers fan who doesn't go to the games, informed me that he couldn't change shifts with me because he "quite fancies watching it on the telly...". Feel free to add your own expletives here There are another couple of long shots I could try but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be watching the cup final on a tiny telly in Wishaw General.

To say it's been a massive downer after a real high would possibly be understatement of the year...

Tough break mate. I didn't even think about jinxing it (in saying that, i put down for the CIS cup final :doh:), i put down for the weekend of the 21st off when i handed my holiday form in back at the turn of the year. Never ever thought we'd make it mind you. Working at a hospital i'm sure you could think up a good excuse for being off sick that day :evilgrin:

The other, a Rangers fan who doesn't go to the games, informed me that he couldn't change shifts with me because he "quite fancies watching it on the telly...". Feel free to add your own expletives here

what a bawbag! If he had half a brain, he'd understand what it would mean for you to be there. Everyone has a right to be selfish, but unless there is more to it, that's just a shocker!

I had a similar thing in a previous job, where the only guy that could swap me refused for no reason other than being a dick!

The guy I work with has zero interest or understanding of football or being a fan, and he agreed to swap no problem, although it did benefit him too!

Bribe him! Offer him a daughter and some land!

The other, a Rangers fan who doesn't go to the games, informed me that he couldn't change shifts with me because he "quite fancies watching it on the telly...". Feel free to add your own expletives hereTo say it's been a massive downer after a real high would possibly be understatement of the year...

kick his f*ckin head in!! what a wanker!! mon lads! wishy general right now!

Celtic will bottle it before we will, i can't see us winning but it's a one off and anything can happen!

plus, if we did win imagine what it would do in terms of attendance next season (at least for the first few weeks)

i reckon it'l be a dodgy decision that will tip this one, gary hooper, 88th minute penalty... watch this space...

Celtic's main strength: the most successful strike force in the league.

Motherwell's strengths: the best keeper in the SPL (Randy); a solid defence (big Shauny, Hammell etc); a winger who can outstrip any defender on a good day (Humphrey); and a pretty decent strike force (Murphy, Sutton)

Considering Celtic's golden boys (Hooper and Stokes) haven't been up to the same level they were at the same season, I think our defense can handle them alright, and if anything gets passed them, Darren Randolph has a pretty good chance of getting his hands to it.

If they can't score goals...they can't win, and we just need to keep an eye out up front for wee sneaky chances!

• Like 1