Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be gutted to see him go but its a good move for Ports. They are playing well Cardiff and have a good shot of the play-offs.

If McCormack can score for fun for them think what the big fella would do.

If its £425k I think thats a great fee for a player out of contract in the summer. He is well worth that money for Cardiff and its a good fee for us.......

Gives MM a couple of days to buy a replacemnet. Or offer money for Cowie of ICT.

I tell you one thing he has been honest with us from the start and never whored himself to the meedja ala Skippy or McCormack... due to this he would go with my best wishes and a big thanks for the goals and memories big chap.

I tell you one thing he has been honest with us from the start and never whored himself to the meedja ala Skippy or McCormack... due to this he would go with my best wishes and a big thanks for the goals and memories big chap.
Spot on. He was up front about his intentions to further his career with us, but has done it by keeping his head down, working hard and, most importantly, doing a great job.

Aye, if he does go, he'll go with no hard feelings from me, and, I suspect, most of the 'Well support. Scored some vital goals for us in our run to the UEFA Cup last season, and will be missed. But if we can get that kind of money for him with his contract up at the end of the season then I'd be quite happy for the move to go through.

Glad that we've got a decent fee for him considering how long he has left on his contract.

Would've been happy for him to stay obviously but Cardiff is a better move than Nottingham Forest or Hearts for that matter.

Good Luck to him if he is away and a huge thanks for the goals.

I would be gutted to see him go but its a good move for Ports. They are playing well Cardiff and have a good shot of the play-offs.

If McCormack can score for fun for them think what the big fella would do.

If its £425k I think thats a great fee for a player out of contract in the summer. He is well worth that money for Cardiff and its a good fee for us.......

Gives MM a couple of days to buy a replacemnet. Or offer money for Cowie of ICT.

Perhaps your memory playing tricks but McDonald was always open is his comments towards the end maybe you irked cos he signed for a team you not fond of?

Perhaps your memory playing tricks but McDonald was always open is his comments towards the end maybe you irked cos he signed for a team you not fond of?

No! McDonald went in a huff / spat the dummy when we wouldn't let him go for a derisory offer - the wee fat arsed shite

The big man has conducted his business quietly and proffessionally and hasn't turned on the tears for a move like McDonald did.

Remember????

Afaik he wasnt allowed to join Rangers. Yes, he went in a huff but still played for us and scored goals.

Yes, he joined a team I dont like, but he played for the Well til the end and apart from that: If Motherwell would have refused the transfer he would have had to stay and since Motherwell allowed him to go, we really cant complain, can we??

Esp since we got a healthy some of money...

It was on Clyde 1 news at 7.30 aswell. Agree with the views. Disappointed to see him go, but it's good money and a good move for the big man. They've got a good chance of promotion, through the play offs.

Think we would need a replacement for porter before monday. Sutton doens't link the play the same as porter.

Think we would need a replacement for porter before monday. Sutton doens't link the play the same as porter.

Sutton will do OK and he'll be the guy that'll slot in on Saturday. On Monday Porter would probably have been rested.

I'm sure big John will step up to the plate should Porter go. Would be good to see him getting some support if he's asked to do a job. A wee bit of negative (Fitzy esque) vibe coming through for Sutts lately.

If it's true then £425,000 is a good bit of business. He goes with nothing but my best wishes. Total team player, he and Clarkson were probably the best combination we've had up front since Coyne and Arnott.

Sutton and Clarkson on paper looks a decent front two, though it will involve a slight change in our style of play. I reckon more of our play will need to go down the wings now as Sutton isn't as mobile as Porter and isn't as effective with his back to goal. Get crosses into the box though and he will score goals...

If it's for the 425k quoted, then we should be paying for his flight :(

I'm with you this weeyin. While I will be sad to see him go, that kinda money for someone with only 6months left on his contract is excellent. Plus how much will we save by not paying his wages for that time - another 200k maybe? As we know the finances at Fir PArk are in good order and this money could se us land two or three good players - Webster, Cowie and a wee suprise to challenge Sutton for Porters role.

With regards to McDonald, I remember when we knocked back the bid from Rnagers he talked about how we had wasted his dreams to play for his "boyhood heros!" Yet when he signed for the Smellic, he declared it as joining the club he had always supported! Basically put, he is a we fat arsed whore and despite him being excellent for us over his time at the club, I can't stand him now!

Gutted to see him go if true but he's done a superb job for us and will leave us with some fond memories. For £425k with only 6 months left on his contract he's a steal and I'm sure he'd be looking forward to playing with McCormack again.

Would have liked him to stay as I feel his goals could be the difference between a push for europe again and a push for top 6 but I can't grudge him the move if he goes. He's been a good, hard-working, honest servant for the club and he'll leave with a pat on the back, a "good luck" and the best wishes.

Shame he's moving on but his contract was up in the summer and I think its the right thing that he moves on now and we get some cash for him.

In the 25 years I've supported 'Well we've not exactly been over imbued with good strikers and while not in the top rank, Porter was certainly one of the better ones; I make it 27 goals in 61 starts.

In the 25 years I've supported 'Well we've not exactly been over imbued with good strikers and while not in the top rank, Porter was certainly one of the better ones; I make it 27 goals in 61 starts.

at the same level as Faddy was when with us then ? as i think he was 26 goals in 63 starts !!

anyway glad he got a hat-trick a few weeks ago, should leave a good memory of his time at the 'Ark

:(