Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a lok at the Cradiff boards...the seem to reckon its all some sort of conspiracy/sly tatcti/diversion to sign someone else!! Or am I reading that wrong?

Well way I see it we are in a win-win situation. Deal doesn't happen we have his goals - deal does we have good money.

Wonder if reported Derby bid is same fee as Cardiff?

I wish him all the best and it's decent money. Cant see him playing on saturday now mind you im afraid we've seen the last of him in Claret and Amber. Just hope John Sutton can step up to the plate as he's been poor recently and we put some money together to get what we REALLY need and that's a centre half to play alongside Craigan. :wallbash: .

Although it's great money considering he's out of contract in the summer, I'd rather he stayed.

I'd use the money we'd get from the transfer and spend it on a contract for Porter rather than searching for a replacement. He's worth at least one higher position in the league. Realistically I know we won't hold onto him in the long term though.

I'd be sad to see him go. In the short time he's been here, he has made a real difference to us and always put 100% into his performances and never hides. A big genuine, honest and very dignified. I wish him all the very best where ever he goes.

Think its more likely to be Derby or Nottingham Forest though - I think someone posted on here previously that his girlfriend is at university in Nottingham so that could be a big factor in his thinking.