Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

Would the other aspect not just be Chris waiving his cut of the fee and Motherwell pocketing all teh cash?

Thats how it looked to me, although hopefully there is a sell on clause. That could bag us a small fortune later on.

Probably didn't get one put in though. ^_^

All the best Chris. One of our best signings in a long time, hope to see you playing in the Premiership soon. He's been an absolute gent here and so many good memories. The 2 goals in the cup at Tynecastle, the Euro clincher against Aberdeen and the hat trick against Inverness.

Edit: There's no way we'll get Giles Barnes, he's off to Fulham to replace Jimmy Bullard.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be very interesting if we happened to get something from them, a loan is a great shout. Hopefully an attacking player, maybe not a striker, Pearson would be great, but I don't imagine him returning here any time soon.

I heard it could be Gary Teale

Oh god no!

If people thought Jim O'Brien couldn't cross a ball..

Please don't let Gary Teale pull on a Motherwell shirt, one of the worst players (up there with Kyle and Steve Caldwell to pull on a Scotland shirt), it's an embarrasment that he has so many caps for the National Team. God fuckin' awful.

Absolute shitebag, nae confidence to take a man on as a winger, it's get the ball and look for the RB at all times.

No thanks.

Doubt Derby would let him go anyway, if rumours are correct that (the other wee fannie) Kris Commons is on his way, then they will need Teale to reclaim his place at the right-hand-side of there midfield.

If the deal will not be completed till monday can he play today? I would not think he would but i just thought i would ask.

Thanks Chris and good luck.

No as he won't be in the country

Porter will be at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday afternoon to watch the Coca-Cola Championship game against Coventry City.

Good piece of business. £400k for a class striker who cost nothing and bagged us 27 goals. Cheers Chris - see you in the Premiership one day.

Where did you get the fee from gullane? He's been a very good bit of business in any case. I wish him luck down there.

Where did you get the fee from gullane? He's been a very good bit of business in any case. I wish him luck down there.

Ditto. All we know is the fee has been described as "undisclosed". It could be anywhere between £30k and £380K with strings attached. What does seem reasonably certain is that Derby will pay us a fee.

just read on teletext on bbc and itv that chrissy p has agreed terms and will sign for derby on monday..

going to miss the big guy he has scored some vital goals for us last season for our quest for europe

hope all goes well for him at Derby.

good luck chris and thanks for your service at the Mighty Well.

Obviously with every new player arriving at a club, they have to suck up their arses a tad, a cheap way to get fans on side etc.

But, never agreed with the following quote:

the ground is better than anything I've played in before and I'm looking forward to it

Now that is bollocks, Ibrox, Parkhead, Stade Marcel Picot anyone?

Pride Park may well be an impressive stadium, but surely not on the same scale as the above mentioned 3.

Not bothered, just a pointless thing to say really and not needed.