Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

I don't see how getting into a losing habit can be good preparation for the final. Of course, if we win, it will have been worth it, but for me we are more likely to win if we play with a competitive edge in the run up.

We didn't mess about in '91 - in fact, from memory, we only lost once or twice during the last quarter of the season.

Terrible team performance today. Not really one decent individual performance on the park either. Sad thing is the next two games are friendlies as 5th place is away. Shipping 12 goals in the last 3 games is poor. Getting beat 5-0 and 4-0 in back to back games is not a confidence builder by any means. Some players are saving themselves for the Final as they have not had too much difficulty in figuring out that they will be playing.

Tannadice has probably seen two of our worst performances this season. I don't expect to see big changes on Wednesday or Sunday as the Cup Final will be even closer and players will be even more cautious.

Yes today's preformance sounded very poor, and loosing 12 goals in 3 games is far from acceptable, but surely seeing the Scottish cup being lifted by rasied above the heads of Motherwell players will more than make up it?

If we play anything like we did today we can more than likely look forward to not just losing the final, but being humiliated.

Performances like the past two games simply aren't good enough, especially when fans are parting with their hard earned to support the team.

i think regardless of the results the guys will be up for the final. It's a ne off game and previous results don't matter. i think th efans are panicking more than the players wil be. However I do appreciate the point that punters are paying good money and desrve better.

Interesting situation for Dundee utd now though. Do they lie down to rangers and rely on celtic beating us in the final or do they play to beat rangers then hearts in last game to get 4th. Utd play gers tuesday hearts dont play celtic till wednesday. A draw would really mess them up cause that would give hearts 4th and celtic the league ( assuming celtic don't scre up aghain )

my typing sucks

OOOPSS I mean 3rd not 4th

Could be very interesting line ups for both teams a week tomorrow, especially if Celtic cannot win the league by then. As much as the recent preformances have been very disappointing, I still fully expect us to perform come May 21st. No way will be play anywhere near as poorly as we have been this past game-and-a-half (as first half against Rangers it wasn't bad at all).

no fannying about against killie we should go with our stongest available side go for the win and get a bit of confidence back after the last 2 dross results

Agreee on that.....at least for first half. I think you have to give the cup final team a run out. I doubt that wil happen against celtic so Kilie is the only chance. Likewise you want to minimize risk of injuries. So i would go first half with final team then pull 3 of them off at half time.