A Question For The Club

gordon_mfc

I know it has been mentioned on other threads. But im sure everyone on here would like an explanation on why they are getting ripped off for this final. £1 on every ticket with debit and £2 on credit cards. And doubling bus tickets. I know the club are trying to make money here. But at whos expense? Absolutely shocking!

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Are the tickets not the property of the SFA so the club have to hand the full amount to them for divvying up. Credit Card purchases take anything from 2% to 4% of the price from what I understand, so the club would be out of pocket. I'm guessing here so it may be conjecture.

Also the club may have had to rent extra chip and pin machines for the next 3 weeks?

Answers on a postcard.

Who gives a flying f... Happy to be fleeced every year if it means a Cup Final trip.

Moan, moan, moan - give it a rest and just enjoy the fact we're there - seemed a far simpler time in '91.

Most queued for 3 hours then as well, but without the moaning - a time of joy, but not for this generation of fans it would seem :wallbash:

• Like 2

Moan, moan, moan - give it a rest and just enjoy the fact we're there - seemed a far simpler time in '91.

Most queued for 3 hours then as well, but without the moaning - a time of joy, but not for this generation of fans it would seem :wallbash:

Or maybe it's because we didn't have the internet to facilitate our moaning back then? :ph34r:

We had to make do with moaning at our family & those around us in the line for tickets.

Strange, I always thought that by paying with a debit/switch card was the same as paying by cash.

FWIW there's no real difference to the customer but retailers are charged for every transaction processed through a card machine. The charge varies depending on which type of card it is, not just between debit or credit but by specific "brand". That's why some places won't accept card payments for anything under a fiver and one of the reasons that some don't accept certain cards.

Or maybe it's because we didn't have the internet to facilitate our moaning back then? :ph34r:

We had to make do with moaning at our family & those around us in the line for tickets.

Not at all I spent all day last time down at Fir Park from 7.00 am and never witnessed any bitching/moaning like there has been on here - different atmosphere entirely from the one generated on here and other sites.

20 years since a Cup Final appearance and all people do is use it as a stick to batter the club with, wonder if those same people will have the same attitude if its another 20 years to our next final experience. :drinks:

• Like 1

FWIW there's no real difference to the customer but retailers are charged for every transaction processed through a card machine. The charge varies depending on which type of card it is, not just between debit or credit but by specific "brand". That's why some places won't accept card payments for anything under a fiver and one of the reasons that some don't accept certain cards.

Thats fair enough if the club passes on the transaction charge, but if you bought 4 or 24 tickets and paid by card its a single transaction they are taking the piss and ripping us off charging £1 or £2 per ticket :nod: . I paid for 15 tickets yesterday, luckily i had collected the cash beforehand, but if i put it on my card it would have been an extra £30 ffs. We are being ripped off an explanation from the club would be appreciated.

Thats fair enough if the club passes on the transaction charge, but if you bought 4 or 24 tickets and paid by card its a single transaction they are taking the piss and ripping us off charging £1 or £2 per ticket :nod: . I paid for 15 tickets yesterday, luckily i had collected the cash beforehand, but if i put it on my card it would have been an extra £30 ffs. We are being ripped off an explanation from the club would be appreciated.

I wasn't trying to justify what the club are charging, I was responding to UBH thinking that debit cards are the same as cash.

I don't think its unreasonable at all to query why there seems to be charges implemented on a per ticket basis when previously it seems to have been a per transaction basis.

Equally I don't think its unreasonable to query why a bus that cost £5 only a couple of weeks ago doing the same journey has doubled in price to £10 for the final.

But there are ways of putting those questions across that are likely to get you the answer you want, and there are other ways which those that could probably answer are likely to take one look and move right on

Say 40% of tickets were boaght using cash (£0)

Say 40% of tickets were bought using debit card. (£6400)

Say 20% of tickets were bought using credit card (£6400)

A rough guess of around £12800

Take the costs of hiring the extra card equipment, setting up and renting the unit in the centre, additional staff costs (plus costs for having them out on a bank holiday) - You'll see that we're no gonna bring in Tevez with the net money they've 'fleeced' from us.

If you bought 8 tickets on a card as a favour to (yourself) and seven of your mates and you've still to collect the cash - then ask them for the extra quid (or two)that it cost you for doing them a favour.

I think we seriously seriously need to chill the fuck out.

The other option is stay in the house on 21st May.

• Like 4

2mn400p.jpg

:lol:

Tremendous.

Seriously though, fuck up. Suns oot, cup final, BBQs oot, but see that fucking Motherwell, fuckin, I'm going to post on the internet how outraged I am at paying a quid extra to get a ticket.

BROKEN BRITAIN

:lol:

Tremendous.

Seriously though, fuck up. Suns oot, cup final, BBQs oot, but see that fucking Motherwell, fuckin, I'm going to post on the internet how outraged I am at paying a quid extra to get a ticket.

BROKEN BRITAIN

TBF, one of the biggest discussions on this board is usually to do with ticket prices - so when you get a surcharge of x amount per ticket (not per transaction which is normal practice) you can't really be shocked can you?

Credit card surcharges are commonly used by travel agents, tradesmen, insurabnnce companies, airlines, and concert organisers. Why are football clubs any different? Rarely many complaints about this practice on Compost Corner.

IF YOU ARE REALLY THAT CONCERNED WITH THE EXTRA CHARGES TO SEE THE LADS STRIDE OUT AT HAMPDEN WITH THE CHANCE TO WIN THE SCOTTISH CUP THEN FUCK OFF AND WATCH IT ON THE TELLY!!!!!!!

1ST TIME IN 20YEARS FOR FUCKS SAKE :cheers:

LETS ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU ARE REALLY THAT CONCERNED WITH THE EXTRA CHARGES TO SEE THE LADS STRIDE OUT AT HAMPDEN WITH THE CHANCE TO WIN THE SCOTTISH CUP THEN FUCK OFF AND WATCH IT ON THE TELLY!!!!!!!

1ST TIME IN 20YEARS FOR FUCKS SAKE :cheers:

LETS ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIT HARSH