Faddy

Stef

No doubt there will be those who will give him a hard time on the Web and on the park but those are the same numpties who give our own players grief rather than encouragement

Numpties give a player in green n white hoops hassle, can`t be having that! <_>

Be gutting too see Faddy playing for them, but thats life. At least it should give him a look in for the national team again, hopefully.

:bad:

TBH, I don't have a problem with him signing for celtic (or rangers if that had been the case) and wont give him any abuse for doing so.

Its not as if we made him an offer and he chose them over us and to be fair, him being at celtic is highly unlikley to change where we will finish at the end of the season - although if he dives, cheats or kisses the badge against us then I will be giving him dogs abuse.

Until then I wish him all the best in resuming his career except in games that effect Motherwell.

TBH, I don't have a problem with him signing for celtic (or rangers if that had been the case) and wont give him any abuse for doing so.

Its not as if we made him an offer and he chose them over us and to be fair, him being at celtic is highly unlikley to change where we will finish at the end of the season - although if he dives, cheats or kisses the badge against us then I will be giving him dogs abuse.

Until then I wish him all the best in resuming his career except in games that effect Motherwell.

I know his dad is a massive Celtic fan, and would love his boy to play for the club, but I think the story is a piece of Celtic propaganda.

Celtic have been woeful this season and still lie in third place, despite spending millions over the last two seasons. To sign a proven international, with iconic status in Scotland, on a free transfer, just as things are getting really difficult for Lennon is a perfect piece of PR spin for Celtic.

If he does sign it will be until the end of the season and he'll be off again!

I'm just surprised that people are actually surprised by this. A chance to play for his boyhood heroes, challenging for trophies, European football & making a shed load of money while he's at it. Seems like a no brainer for me. People who thought the only scottish team he would play for is us really need to take off their claret & amber tinted specs.

• Like 1

Just seen on twitter Celtic have their agm today. Makes sense now!

:nod: Deflect and spin, shame James finds himself used as a pawn but he'll be rewarded handsomely. More disappointed if he succumbs to the usual shite players trot out when they sign for their 'boyhood heroes' but I don't buy papers as a rule so I should be able to avoid it comfortably enough if he does. Then again if he manages to cleverly scupper their Champions League ambitions by bleeding them dry financially without making too much of an impact, leaving the way clear for us to challenge the h**s for the title before he comes back home for a previously agreed cut of the Champons League pot I'll be quite happy. ;)

• Like 1

I'm just surprised that people are actually surprised by this. A chance to play for his boyhood heroes, challenging for trophies, European football & making a shed load of money while he's at it. Seems like a no brainer for me. People who thought the only scottish team he would play for is us really need to take off their claret & amber tinted specs.

Exactly!

The amount of folk on here harbouring this idea that 'Faddy' bleeds Claret & Amber and is desperate to return to us one day whilst having absolutely no interest whatsoever in signing for one of the Old Firm clubs, particularly Celtic is astounding. I've said it since the day he left, James McFadden will sign for Celtic one day, whether that is sooner or later is another matter but it will happen. It's well documented that he is a Celtic fan, they have always been linked with him and I would say that it is far more likely than not that he will end up there. If folk really believe that he has no interest in joining them and will one day return to Fir Park, well, they're probably the same people who couldn't understand why Mark Reynolds wasn't a regular pick for the Scotland team. dry.gif

It upsets you enough to ramble total shite on a regular basis.

How do you know exactly that James McFadden will eventually sign for Celtic. Also how did you know this when he signed for Everton?

You are making things up and proclaiming them as gospel.

I couldn't give a flying fuck if Faddy goes to Celtic.

• Like 1

I'm not 'proclaiming it as gospel' it's my own opinion. I( that's me myself) believe and have done since he left Motherwell, indeed before that, that James McFadden will one day sign for Celtic and I've said that ever since. That's not a fact, or gospel or anything else, it's my opinion, take it as you will.

McFadden's agent Rob Segal:

He said: "There are a host of clubs who want James. No decision has been made, we're still going through the process.

"It's no secret Celtic want him, I won't deny that. It would have been nice, in a perfect world, to have him settled into a club after the international break but it doesn't look like that's to be.

"I hope it will be done by Monday or Tuesday. There's a deal at Wolves if he wants it. James has been to hell and back and the least he can do is take his time and make the right decision."

His agent says he's "been to hell and back"?! Aye, sitting about picking up 30 grand or so a week followed by a big payoff when he left Birmingham and his only worry is whether he'll be able to kick a ball about again... sounds pretty hellish that.

Cruciate injuries and a couple of bouts of surgery are a fuckin hoot. For a footballer I'd say that's pretty pish.