The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

The fuckin middle section of the east stand is full of clowns.

They are fuckin praying for the slightest mistake from higdon so they can let rip with there fat greetin faces. Any one who doesn't think Higdon was great last night is an idiot

I'm thinking about running a new competition to come up with a motto for these c***s in the east stand. All monies raised to go to domestic abuse victims and to scientists developing a new device with wheels that fit onto your hands that stop knuckles dragging along the ground saving the NHS millions on plastic surgery.

What's latin for "That useless c**t'll never dae" ?

Outstanding last night, on top of his game with great link up play and releasing great balls down the flanks. Lovely composed finish for the goal as well. My motm.

I think McHugh done enough last night to earn more game time alongside Higdon. Murphy is well and truly out or sorts, shirking challenges, running down dead ends and lacking composure in front of goal. Hopefully he can get some confidence restored soon enough.

better than saturday but still not good enough.

it was an excellent finish for the goal but it's not suprising that he got one when he chose to hang back on the edge of the box as he is completely useless with balls into the area. last night we put in loads of good balls but it higdon was either flat footed and no where near it or far too cumbersome to finish. he had three sitters after he scored and fucked up everyone one of them. not good enough.

we are going to pay badly for not bringing in a mobile centre forward in the window. having a fat lump up front, with no pace who can't jump is not good for our style of play.

• Like 1

it was an excellent finish for the goal but it's not suprising that he got one when he chose to hang back on the edge of the box as he is completely useless with balls into the area. last night we put in loads of good balls but it higdon was either flat footed and no where near it or far too cumbersome to finish. he had three sitters after he scored and fucked up everyone one of them. not good enough.

we are going to pay badly for not bringing in a mobile centre forward in the window. having a fat lump up front, with no pace who can't jump is not good for our style of play.

You are not part of the '1% non-bellend 'well fans' though :evilgrin:

• Like 1

:lol::doh:

You are not part of the '1% non-bellend 'well fans' though :evilgrin:

that could well be true. :whistling:

12 months ago we had mostly the same suspects giving us the 'unseen work' patter about gow and before that is was fitzpatrick, fagan, jim hamilton and others before them. they were talking pish then as they are now. the happy clappy excuse for guys not up to the job seems to be that they do things that only they can see.

what am i missing? the guy isn't making any runs so i can't be missing that. he has a terrible success rate in contests against centrebacks. he gives away loads of free kicks and barely wins any. he doesn't get on the end of crosses as he is usually stood stock still. his attempts at playing through balls in the first half last night were pathetic.

the guy is overweight, slow and cannae jump. it's not good enough. we're are crying out for a clarkson or a jutkiewicz who can provide a bit of athleticism up front.

he will get us goals but i don't see him scoring or helping the team much in games when we are not already well on top. craigan and clancy fucked up last night and deserve criticism but so does higdon for missing 3 golden opportunities and making the majority of our wing play redundant.

that could well be true. :whistling:

12 months ago we had mostly the same suspects giving us the 'unseen work' patter about gow and before that is was fitzpatrick, fagan, jim hamilton and others before them. they were talking pish then as they are now. the happy clappy excuse for guys not up to the job seems to be that they do things that only they can see.

what am i missing? the guy isn't making any runs so i can't be missing that. he has a terrible success rate in contests against centrebacks. he gives away loads of free kicks and barely wins any. he doesn't get on the end of crosses as he is usually stood stock still. his attempts at playing through balls in the first half last night were pathetic.

the guy is overweight, slow and cannae jump. it's not good enough. we're are crying out for a clarkson or a jutkiewicz who can provide a bit of athleticism up front.

he will get us goals but i don't see him scoring or helping the team much in games when we are not already well on top. craigan and clancy fucked up last night and deserve criticism but so does higdon for missing 3 golden opportunities and making the majority of our wing play redundant.

Gow was totally fucking minging and I called that from his 1st game, Fagan was brutal and I called that from when he was playing for the youth teams, Fitzpatrick worked hard but was gash in the main....but Michael Higdon (in my opinion) will be a good signing for Motherwell though you are entirely right about his athleticism, BUT that to me isnt his game (and subsequently not his fault if things arent going his way) his hold up play is good, his finishing is good and the space he makes for others is good. He needs a forward playing alongside him and if I was McCall I'd be seriously considering a new formation to get the best out of him. McHugh playing right on teh big mans shoulder would benefit both players in my opinion.

:lol::doh:

you'll be laughing out the other side of your face when we end up bottom six because we're relying on this lardarse.

his spells at falkirk and midden show that's what he is good for.

Gow was totally fucking minging and I called that from his 1st game, Fagan was brutal and I called that from when he was playing for the youth teams, Fitzpatrick worked hard but was gash in the main....but Michael Higdon (in my opinion) will be a good signing for Motherwell though you are entirely right about his athleticism, BUT that to me isnt his game (and subsequently not his fault if things arent going his way) his hold up play is good, his finishing is good and the space he makes for others is good. He needs a forward playing alongside him and if I was McCall I'd be seriously considering a new formation to get the best out of him. McHugh playing right on teh big mans shoulder would benefit both players in my opinion.

i'd disagree about the hold play. he's so cumbersome it's embarassing at times. and his finishing wasn't up to much when he wasted 3 chances in the 6 yard box.

to me building the team around a unfit journeyman striker is madness. the club needs to get a decent transfer fee for murphy next summer. the team should be built around him.

you'll be laughing out the other side of your face when we end up bottom six because we're relying on this lardarse.

his spells at falkirk and midden show that's what he is good for.

i'd disagree about the hold play. he's so cumbersome it's embarassing at times. and his finishing wasn't up to much when he wasted 3 chances in the 6 yard box.

to me building the team around a unfit journeyman striker is madness. the club needs to get a decent transfer fee for murphy next summer. the team should be built around him.

Look I can't be arsed arguing cause you don't like Higdon and won't change your opinion no matter what.

I will say this for the last time, he was outstanding last night. He set up the first goal for Lasley with his knockdown. He then swept in the 2nd with a wonderful finish.

Add this to the countless headers he won at both ends of the park, several crucial ones in our own area and plenty down the other end.

His link up play was top notch when the ball is played into feet. Countless times he dropped deep to get the ball and played 3 or 4 cracking passes in behind the full back for Humphrey to get on the end off. You then wonder why he insn't in the box to finish it?:lol:

His workrate finally. Lazy to an extent yes but no where near as bad as some make out, several occasions when he lost the ball last night he chased back and ended up in his own half to try and win the ball back.

He took responsibility and stood up to be counted when it would have been easier to hide giving the abuse he was getting at the start. He then stood up and slammed home his pen to round off a great performance.

He was brilliant last night and if you didn't see that then you never will.:nod:

• Like 3

Sadly I'm with the ginger one here - not convinced to date about Higdon.

Although i did think last night was his best game to date (wasn't at Dunfermline so wont include) - Great finish last night. Won a good share of headers (which I don't think he's been doing to date) and also involved in some neap passing play but would just rather have a more mobile centre-forward. I've come to expect a SPL Centre Forward to do all of this to be honest, maybe i just want the moon on the stick from a professional football player.

Also thought he linked up better alongside McHugh than Murphy.

Someone mentioned that he was "brilliant last night", if that's brillant then i'm not overly excited about his Motherwell career as thought he was average at best.

His touch is woeful at times too although that's sadly common place in the Scottish game.

Would Gannon have signed him? Ah dinnae hink sae.:D

He's got no sell-on value, so he has nowt to prove and will probably find another SPL/DIV 1 club when his contract expires regardless of this perfomances, so personally wouldn't have signed him either in the first place.

Just think he's another Jim Hamilton-esque player.

Early days. Very early days infact. I still think he will 'come good'.....although with 4 goals in 9 starts I'm not exactly gutted by that. I'd be surprised if Sutts scored more in his first 9 games in Claret and Amber. I can remember a debut goal against Dun Utd, and a winner at Easter Road and after that nothing till Inverurie. In saying that he might have started a good few from the bench due to Clakson and Porter being with us at this time so perhaps not an ideal comparison.

However 9 games in, we aren't in October yet, and he has scored four goals for us. A similar return throughout the season would yield a return of 15+.....round about what Sutton got in his best season for Motherwell.

EDIT: I've also seen mention of Higson being overweight as well. I would agree by saying he isn't the fastest by any means but I can't say I look at the guy and think he is fat.

Sadly I'm with the ginger one here - not convinced to date about Higdon.

Although i did think last night was his best game to date (wasn't at Dunfermline so wont include) - Great finish last night. Won a good share of headers (which I don't think he's been doing to date) and also involved in some neap passing play but would just rather have a more mobile centre-forward. I've come to expect a SPL Centre Forward to do all of this to be honest, maybe i just want the moon on the stick from a professional football player.

Also thought he linked up better alongside McHugh than Murphy.

Someone mentioned that he was "brilliant last night", if that's brillant then i'm not overly excited about his Motherwell career as thought he was average at best.

His touch is woeful at times too although that's sadly common place in the Scottish game.

Would Gannon have signed him? Ah dinnae hink sae.:D

He's got no sell-on value, so he has nowt to prove and will probably find another SPL/DIV 1 club when his contract expires regardless of this perfomances, so personally wouldn't have signed him either in the first place.

Just think he's another Jim Hamilton-esque player.

He'll be the Clubs top scorer this season by a distance and if we can sort our tactics out to suit him, then I'm willing to say that I reckon he'll become a fans favourite.

Someone mentioned that we shouldnt be tailoring our tactics to suit him......whit a load of pish, he was signed by McCall and McCall needs to get the best out of the assets at his disposal, particularly the ones that he has signed and currently I dont think he is doing that in Higdons case.

Lots more to come from Higgy I reckon, or am I starting to become his 'Dazzer'?:blush:

p.s. you want to have seen some of the slobs who were calling the big man 'fat':lol:

i think he'll be our top scorer as well. i'd place money on him getting 13-17 goals.

however he scored 17 goals for st mirren last season and they finished 11th. it means fuck all.

He'll hit 20

Scoring goals means fuck all dry.gif ? Has that wee burd been letting you sniff her knickers?

He scored a 3rd (I think) of St Middens goals last season, we need to make sure that others produce the goods around about him, he was also instrumental in creating chances for others last night but we'll not talk about Nicky Law's finishing or Lasley's 'shooting'!!

If you look on the official site in the photos from pre-season training Here, there's hardly a pick of fat on him...and that's on the first day.

shoulders back, inhale!

He scored a 3rd (I think) of St Middens goals last season, we need to make sure that others produce the goods around about him, he was also instrumental in creating chances for others last night but we'll not talk about Nicky Law's finishing or Lasley's 'shooting'!!

every single one of our midfielders is hopeless at shooting. we constantly play the ball down the wings and try and get the ball in the box for a CF to put away.

any decent striker would have put away more than one last night. the game should have been over before half time.

every single one of our midfielders is hopeless at shooting. we constantly play the ball down the wings and try and get the ball in the box for a CF to put away.

The CF who has just laid it off for Humphrey (the fastest thing on two legs) is supposed to get back in the box to meet the cross? He's nae chance because he is so fat.

Listen, I'm not saying that i think he is world-class far from it but I dont think he is deserving of the criticism he gets from a 'section' of our support particularly with the formation we are playing and the fact that others who are revered by the same 'sections' have been playing pish or hiding for weeks.

I aint his biggest fan but he is an easy target for the clowns looking for a scapegoat. There were far worse performers in the team over the last 2 games who will get start on saturday no question. One at the back, one in midfield and one up front. 1 assist, 1 goal and scored his penalty, that will do for me

Listen, I'm not saying that i think he is world-class far from it but I dont think he is deserving of the criticism he gets from a 'section' of our support particularly with the formation we are playing and the fact that others who are revered by the same 'sections' have been playing pish or hiding for weeks.

you're right. there is too many people in the team who's list of what can't do is longer than what they are good at. higdon might be a useful guy to have in your team if you weren't carrying 4 midfielders that can't shoot one of whom is a winger who refuses to get involved in 75% of the game.

i can't see humphrey ever getting better at shooting, crossing or generally being a footballer. higdon could improve his game no bother by hard work. that's why he gets the harder time.