Motherwell Vs Dunfermline Matchday Thread

David

Irish football has certainly improved since they went to Summer football. I'd much rather we played March - October, crowds would be terrific during the Summer with much better football on offer.

Irish football has certainly improved since they went to Summer football. I'd much rather we played March - October, crowds would be terrific during the Summer with much better football on offer.

Irish football crowds have remained exactly the same since they switched to summer football - a fact that is often overlooked when they are quoted as an example.

Decent results at Pittodrie and NSP if nothing else. Pity St Johnstone won but hopefully ICT will beat them on Monday.

Personally I'm not all that concerned by St Johnstone. They'll likely fall away later in the season.

Hearts will be the threat for third spot this season. I just hope we haven't dropped too many points at home against lesser teams that it comes back to bite us in the arse later.

Personally I'm not all that concerned by St Johnstone. They'll likely fall away later in the season.

Hearts will be the threat for third spot this season. I just hope we haven't dropped too many points at home against lesser teams that it comes back to bite us in the arse later.

Many would say that we ourselves are one of the 'lesser teams' and we have been quite fortune this season and perhaps for a few before it. St Johmstone do concern me as they are like every other non OF team in our league....same level as us and as prone to good and bad results. There is next to nothing between the remaiming 10 in the league and if St Johnstone get a run together and enjoy some of the fortune that we have had on occasion, third could be theirs no problem.

Many would say that we ourselves are one of the 'lesser teams' and we have been quite fortune this season and perhaps for a few before it. St Johmstone do concern me as they are like every other non OF team in our league....same level as us and as prone to good and bad results. There is next to nothing between the remaiming 10 in the league and if St Johnstone get a run together and enjoy some of the fortune that we have had on occasion, third could be theirs no problem.

I'm not sure there are many clubs in our league outwith the old firm who have the depth of squad that Hearts do.

I can see Hearts being able to cope with suspensions & injuries better than the likes of us & St Johnstone can.

I can see Hearts being able to cope with suspensions & injuries better than the likes of us & St Johnstone can.

Despite their off the field problems, Hearts and there 350 strong first team squad should easily claim third spot. Although still not certain, I would be surprised if we didn’t make the top 6 this season.

I'm not dismissing anybody as far down as St Mirren/Dundee Utd at this stage. As Finlay says there isn't a huge amount between sides and who knows what lies ahead in terms of the January window, injuries and suspensions.

I think with a fit Sandaza in their side its possibly foolish to dismiss Saints so readily. There is much to be said for having a 10-15 goal striker in your armoury for gaining that subte advantage over your rivals and its arguably that which has served us so well in recent seasons.

Hearts clearly have strength in depth but who knows what that situation is going to be like come the end of January.

I'm not sure I would go as far as saying they will challenge for third but St Mirren have put together some decent spells of point garnering and seem to have a bit of fight and doggedness about them given their comebacks against Aberdeen, ourselves and Rangers recently. Dundee Utd I think have still to hit a bit consistency but again they might themselves vulnerable in January in the transfer window. The two of them will have a say certainly.

As for us. Great that we have the points in the bag that we currently do. I think we've shown a great ability to dig out results when perhaps we've arguably not merrited them and pleasingly we've managed to quickly recover from any iffy results we have had and not drifted into a run of poor form. We're going to be need that to continue in the second half of the season.

Still ours to lose though!

Who knows what the January transfer window will do to Hearts. A good team but if their off field priblems continue then it will begin to have an effect. If they do finish 3rd someone will obviously need to finish 4th, potentially the final Euro spot. St Johnstone have already suffered injuries to both their main strikers and have came through that to sit in a pretty good position. I wouldn't bet against them for a Euro spot at the expense of us or Hearts.

• 4 weeks later...

The first of our games in hand takes place this Tuesday. After his performance today against Dundee United surely Ojamaa is due a starting slot? Likely at the expense of either Daley or Murphy.

I'd go with him replacing Murphy. Apart from that, same team as today.

Tasty encounter in prospect, looking forward to it.

Outstanding result from Dunfermline today. They have made a couple of decent signings this month and will come into this game with some confidence. I hope we go into the game with almost a gung ho approach. Despite being bottom of the league, they are always good for a goal or two. If our key players look sharp and we set a good tempo, our pace and movement should be too much for them.

Wouldn't mind Humphrey getting unleashed against the worst left back in the league.

4-2 'well.

Same team that finished today although I'm not sure about Murphy on the right. He had some nice touches but was innefective coming inside onto his left foot. Law was better when he was out on the left. Maybe bring in Humphrey up against McCann for either Law or Murphy? Ojamaa provided some direct running and looked a real handful, surely merits a start given how toothless we've been at home in recent times.

Motherwell win please, any of sort of win will do.

I think Ojamaa has done enough to start. Daley I think deserves to be dropped for this one, but I'm unsure if Murphy deserves a starting slot or not. If Dunfermline sit in then I'd like to see Steven Lawless given some game time. Murphy, Daley, and Humphrey don't look like they have the necessary qualities to trouble a packed defence.

It'll be a very tough game, as it was always going to be, and the Pars will now know that they can win the points if they want them badly enough and we offer them any kind of assistance.

Mark Kerr will attempt out to stamp on our lads' heads, as Mark McGhee used to say, but I'd have no qualms about using his mercurial and volatile temperament against him if he tries any of his unwelcome nonsense.

I think Ojamaa has done enough to start. Daley I think deserves to be dropped for this one, but I'm unsure if Murphy deserves a starting slot or not. If Dunfermline sit in then I'd like to see Steven Lawless given some game time. Murphy, Daley, and Humphrey don't look like they have the necessary qualities to trouble a packed defence.

It'll be a very tough game, as it was always going to be, and the Pars will now know that they can win the points if they want them badly enough and we offer them any kind of assistance.

Mark Kerr will attempt out to stamp on our lads' heads, as Mark McGhee used to say, but I'd have no qualms about using his mercurial and volatile temperament against him if he tries any of his unwelcome nonsense.

I would drop both Daley and Murphy both were woefull yesterday .Im not impressed at all with Daley ,he does his flicks and tricks and chips in with the odd goal but overall he offers little ,signed for 2 years I think :dash2: complete waste of a wage the type of player that a team with a small budget and small squad dosnt need.

• Like 1

complete waste of a wage the type of player that a team with a small budget and small squad dosnt need.

He's definitely a luxury player. Teams like us need solid grafters, not players who score the odd wonder goal but for most of the time offer nothing to the side. I've no doubt, that on his day he is a potential match winner, waiting for that day with these types of players at times can be very painful.

• Like 3