Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Frankly, any team has any chance aginast anyone at any time. Be honest MJC, do you think Saint Johnstone would have gone to Ibrox and Parkhead and went away with without conceding a goal and four points in the bag? You never know, simple as that.

ive gave up hope of getting anything off rangers nowadays but i couldnt take another performance where we roll over and make it far to easy for them and end up getting gubbed yet again,if were going to get beat then atleast make the bastards work for it

Frankly, any team has any chance aginast anyone at any time. Be honest MJC, do you think Saint Johnstone would have gone to Ibrox and Parkhead and went away with without conceding a goal and four points in the bag? You never know, simple as that.

What's that got to do with us?

We haven't beaten Rangers for NINE years in all competition and it's fourteen and a half years since we last won at Ibrox. What makes you think Monday is going to be any different? (albeit the last time we did win at Ibrox that was also a Monday)

We've seen it all before, the likes of Inverness, Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Hearts etc have been able to take points off Rangers and as a result folk on here convince themselves that we can do likewise...yet we never do.

And as things stand Rangers have lost their last two matches, do folk really believe that they will fail to win a third match in a row? Not a chance.

We all know how this is going to pan out, they will score early doors and kill off any belief or hope we may have had and then will bury us in the 2nd half.

If we can escape with less than a three goal defeat then we'll be doing well.

Are we actually stopping selling tickets for a game , 5 fucking days before :wallbash: What a piece of pish

Don't know where you're getting that from as I was up today to collect my tickets and was told that we had a 350 allocation and would be selling tickets right up until the day of the game itself.

Home or away, Motherwell v Rangers = Defeat (or at best a draw). We haven’t beaten this mob since Queen Victoria was on the throne, so I can’t see anything that will change that little known fact. ph34r.gif

Pretty sure it was king faddy on the throne that day!

Anyways for the game, think it'll be a 2 or 3 - 1 defeat

I'm disappointed the MJC Rickoza battle of minds appears to have fizzled out so quickly.

One who will spontaneously combust if he predicts a Motherwell win over any of the Old Firm the other who will see he'll freeze over before he concedes Motherwell may lose. Come on guys resume hostilities!! :)

In all seriousness, things remain as they always have. We HAVE the ability to get a result. Whether we have the tactical plan or the mental toughness to get over that ever growing hill....that remains to be seen

Some context though. Is it not something like 50 years since Killie have beaten Celtic away and a decade plus since Aberdeen won at Ibrox? Painful as it is runs such as the one we are on with Rangers aren't exclusive to MFC.

Can't be done? I'll seek solace from a previous Monday afternoon Bank Holiday fixture at Ibrox where we weren't given any chance either!!

For me it's not the actual losing to the old firm, it's the way we go about it and the way our management accept it afterwards.

If we were to lose by a goal or two but at least put up some sort of fight and get stuck in I wouldn't be so disappointed.

It's never good to see an interview with our manager afterwards either, especially when you're raging about referee decisions, offside goals, players going missing and all sorts, only for him to be all smiles and seemingly not giving a toss.

Sometimes there's only so much negativity anyone can take, Andy! not saying we can't lose, of course we can and stats would point directly to that, but if you went into any game believing you were beaten before you even started what would the point be? Why go if you don't think you have even the slightest of chances? It's gotta happen sometime, we will beat Rangers again, and it'll occur on an occasion like Monday - same as 5th May, 1997. I bet few of the 150 Motherwell fans at that game thought we'd win, I certainly went to the game believing Rangers might well have their foot off the gas and we needed to win so much - and hey, 2-0 to Motherwell (remember Rangers taking nearly 4 and-a-half minutes at the start of the game before they even entered Motherwell's half of the park). Football is a game where anything can and does happen. You just gotta keep believing.

Tickets still available at Fir Park.

Awaiting clarification as to where they will be available for anyone that wants one on the Monday.

thats good news, shame the official website implied different.

hopefully have a few hundred in (at the start anyway <_>

the run at Ibrox might be our worst but, it doesn't half make you value seeing the last win, or even snatching a point, even if its not a critical match.

the 3-3 game ended quite well :)

Kenny shiels interview after Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Celtic park was good. He refused to accept that he could be reasonably satisfied with a narrow defeat.

He said it was a defeatist attitude, and not what he wanted in his dressing room.... A defeats a defeat.

If I was a killie fan in the car, I'd have been really pleased to hear what he said!

Kenny shiels interview after Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Celtic park was good. He refused to accept that he could be reasonably satisfied with a narrow defeat.

He said it was a defeatist attitude, and not what he wanted in his dressing room.... A defeats a defeat.

If I was a killie fan in the car, I'd have been really pleased to hear what he said!

Comes with risk though as that the potential to be demoralising if the team have knocked their pan in and still been beaten by a team with ten or twenty times the budget.

I don't know what the right approach is but I can see why mccall might play these games down - it protects the players after defeat. Prior to the game I'm sure his approach in the dressing room is conmpletely different.

Tough gig.