Ojamaa

CoF

Ojamaa didn't exactly have a rip roaring CV before coming here.

A lot like Scott Macdonald "Ya Beazer" in that Skippy didn't have a club, he came to Motherwell for a trial made a big impact when he broke into the first team, don't think Ojamma is to dissimilar to Skippy in his style of play either.There is another side of the coin though ,David Ferrer [was that his name]he had an unbelievable debut coming on as a sub against Hibs scoring a hat trick and was never heard of again. Early days for Henrick I know, but its looking good for the wee man. :cheers:

A lot like Scott Macdonald "Ya Beazer" in that Skippy didn't have a club, he came to Motherwell for a trial made a big impact when he broke into the first team, don't think Ojamma is to dissimilar to Skippy in his style of play either.There is another side of the coin though ,David Ferrer [was that his name]he had an unbelievable debut coming on as a sub against Hibs scoring a hat trick and was never heard of again. Early days for Henrick I know, but its looking good for the wee man. :cheers:

I'd say the David Ferrere or Crawford Baptie comparisons that were mooted as notes of caution have been seen off given the continuation of Henrik's impressive early form.

Perhaps John Sutton, who scored had a similar scoring rate in his first half a dozen games is now probably the most recent match in terms of goalscoring returns if you are still seeking a comparison.

Whilst they are clearly very very different animals, if Ojamaa can match or better Sutton's goalscoring return (even allowing for his many left-mid outings) that wouldn't be bad at all for someone who has come from nowhere.

Obviously though I'm hoping he can exceed that ofcourse!!

He's a bit different from Scott MacDonald when he first came to the club because he could hardly hit a coos arse with a banjo in his first season! I remember writing on these forums or somewhere else that he looked a great wee player but he couldn't shoot and wouldn't score goals. Obviously he came on a bit in his second season!

I wonder what Ojamaa's shot accuracy is so far? Must be 70-80 percent you'd imagine.

The thing with Ojamma for me is his finishing. All his goals have been excellent finishes and that's his biggest asset.

Also his link up play with the front line has been immense. Hence the reason he has set-up 5 goals for his team mates.

For me he looks the real deal and I can easily see him get into double figures for the season which is a superb return for only coming in on January.

Great bit of business from McCall and the back room staff.

While I like the look of him, let's not get carried away here. He's scored against Queens Park, Dunfermline, St Johnstone and Morton. St Johnstone are the only decent side in there and they have Peter Enckelman in goals. The real test is coming up as other SPL sides become more aware of his threat.

As for him making up for the departure of Murphy, we need to replace Murphy if he leaves in the summer for the reason I stated above. If other sides move to nullify Ojamma's threat then we need to have other players in the side to take advantage of the extra space this should create.

As I said, I like the look of him as a player but let's not build him up too much just yet...

• Like 2

While I like the look of him, let's not get carried away here. He's scored against Queens Park, Dunfermline, St Johnstone and Morton. St Johnstone are the only decent side in there and they have Peter Enckelman in goals. The real test is coming up as other SPL sides become more aware of his threat.

i'd back to randolph to save all his goals bar the 2nd one against st johnstone.

however he has made a huge difference and will be a valuable player even if the goals dry up. previoulsy teams were happy to hold a high line, leave the two centrebacks on higdon, push their fullbacks and shut down the space for our midfield. now they can't do that murphy and law should have a bit more time and space to work their magic.

• Like 1

As for him making up for the departure of Murphy, we need to replace Murphy if he leaves in the summer for the reason I stated above. If other sides move to nullify Ojamma's threat then we need to have other players in the side to take advantage of the extra space this should create.

I never said that he would make up for the departure of Murphy, simply that having him in the squad will lessen the blow somewhat. I have no doubt that Murphy going will see us needing another forward though.

As I said, I like the look of him as a player but let's not build him up too much just yet...

Yeah, don't always agree, but I'd say that's bang on.

I wasn't evn looking for him to be scoring goals but more making chances so the number of goals he is scoring is a bonus. But, as I may have stated elsewhere Ojamma is now another attacking option that opposition teams have to deal with. So if defences stiffle him out then chances are, one of our other palyers are going to punish them. I hope we are going from now to the end of the season as an aggressive attacking team. I really think that most teams will not be able to counter all of our attacking threats.

It's not just goals Henrik brings, he's had a good few assists as well. I think we've found a real gem here.

I'd agree with that, his attitude and workrate is spot on as well. What I think typifies his attitude was on Saturday in about the 80 something minute at 6-0 up he tracked back to the edge of his own box to win the ball back in the corner, then the ball's punted up the pitch and 30 seconds later he was up the other end of the pitch wining the ball back on the edge of their area. Just brilliant to watch his enthusiasm and willingness to work for the team, never gives up and no such thing as a lost cause.

With his natural ability and his attitude it's not hard to see why folk are getting carried away, he's young and by no means the finished product but the boy has the potential to be a cracking player.

Great find by McCall and well done the club on securing him to a longer deal.

• Like 3