Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

Demoting them for such obvious incompetence would perhaps teach them a lesson and ensure they up their game. Is done down South, why not here?

They do do it up here. Mike Tumilty has been demoted from the SPL group this season; Charlie Richmond was last season and has only had a handful this season. Steve Conroy missed half a season twice and has disappeared off the SPL scene again since the two diving incidents he was involved in with O'Connor and Aluko. However I like that the SFA don't demote on the basis of one rick, they do it over a series of performances. The best officials will all throw in a clanger and doing it once, while a pain for the team who suffer does not make them bad officials. Actually I thought the officiating team did really well on Sunday take that corner out of it.

To be absolutely fair, that was not Craig Thomson's call. He was instructed by a guy that had a ten times better view that it was a corner. Any referee worth his salt, no matter what he thought, would go with the assistant's call on that one. Hpowever the assistant is also on the Edinburgh derby this weekend. However giving the number ofr games he is getting with Thomnson just now I am suspecting he is part of his Euro 2012 team and demoting him now would be really counter productive for Scottish refereeing as he can't go from running the line at Forfar to Spain v Italy or whatever.

They do do it up here. Mike Tumilty has been demoted from the SPL group this season; Charlie Richmond was last season and has only had a handful this season. Steve Conroy missed half a season twice and has disappeared off the SPL scene again since the two diving incidents he was involved in with O'Connor and Aluko. However I like that the SFA don't demote on the basis of one rick, they do it over a series of performances. The best officials will all throw in a clanger and doing it once, while a pain for the team who suffer does not make them bad officials. Actually I thought the officiating team did really well on Sunday take that corner out of it.

To be absolutely fair, that was not Craig Thomson's call. He was instructed by a guy that had a ten times better view that it was a corner. Any referee worth his salt, no matter what he thought, would go with the assistant's call on that one. Hpowever the assistant is also on the Edinburgh derby this weekend. However giving the number ofr games he is getting with Thomnson just now I am suspecting he is part of his Euro 2012 team and demoting him now would be really counter productive for Scottish refereeing as he can't go from running the line at Forfar to Spain v Italy or whatever.

Shouldn't be anywhere near Spain v Italy the pair of them. They've proved that between them this week, Forfar is about their level. (Nae disrespect tae Forfar cos I've heard their bridies are quite good)

If that's all he said I don't see how they can justify it as it was embarrassing. Unfortunately there's no TV evidence of the conversation but if there's any justice he'll appeal and win.

Well given that our referees have been proved to be lying fucks I think it's safe to say Thomson will have lied through his teeth in his match report to justify his actions. After all it's his word against McCalls and we all know it's only Neil Lennons word that counts in this country so basically Stuarty hasn't a leg to stand on. But I hope he stands up for himself anyway :rolleyes:

IMO opinion if Lennon was in the same situation he'd appeal and win. If McCall is accurate in his version of events (and I believe he is) he should appeal. If he does appeal and doesn't win then it's further proof that it's not a level playing field as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks fudge but can't view that. BBC does something to disable us foreigners from viewing. I normally get to see the highlights in NFSW ( or whatever it's called ) section when Yabba puts them up. Of course getting beat at home by aberdeen in the cup is not really a highlight so, not surprisingly, the game is not up there.

In effect, he is being punished twice for the one "offence ". Yet another in a long line of SFA clusterfucks.

Not really. He was basically sent off. If a player is sent off and subsequently suspended he isn't being punished twice.

Hope he fights it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think so. I genuinely believe the SFA are out to get Lennon and prove a point. I also think that this case was a McCall's word v Thomson's and Thomson has said that he didn't swear and wasn't aggressive it was a dead easy case.