The Run In...

GazzyB

Five games to go for everyone, time for everybody's predictions...

As it stands...

Motherwell - 55

St Johnstone - 50

Dundee Utd - 49

Hearts - 48

ROUND ONE

St Johnstone vs Dundee Utd - Dundee Utd to win.

Motherwell vs Celtic - Celtic to win.

Hearts vs Rangers - draw.

Motherwell - 55

Dundee Utd - 52

St Johnstone - 50

Hearts - 49

ROUND TWO

Dundee Utd vs Hearts - draw.

Motherwell vs St Johnstone - Motherwell to win.

Motherwell - 58

Dundee Utd - 52

St Johnstone - 50

Hearts - 50

ROUND THREE

Hearts vs Motherwell - draw.

Rangers vs Dundee Utd - draw.

Celtic vs St Johnstone - Celtic to win.

Motherwell - 59

Dundee Utd - 53

Hearts - 51

St Johnstone - 50

ROUND FOUR

Rangers vs Motherwell - lol

Dundee Utd vs Celtic - Dundee Utd to win.

Hearts vs St Johnstone - Hearts to win.

Motherwell - 59

Dundee Utd - 56

Hearts - 54

St Johnstone - 50

ROUND FIVE

Motherwell vs Dundee Utd - draw.

Celtic vs Hearts - draw.

St Johnstone vs Rangers - Rangers to win.

Motherwell - 60

Dundee Utd - 57

Hearts - 55

St Johnstone - 50

I've got St Johnstone down as losing all 5. Seems harsh but I just can't see where they'll get points. Think I'm being realistic with our chances against the OF, and indeed the other teams. Either way, it'll mean going into the last game needing a point, but I think we'll do it thumbup.gif

I will have some of what Postie Jims been drinking.....

Do agree with the other poster regarding Dee U. Don't see them taking 4 points from the Old firm. In fact it would work in our favour if the Old Firm won all games v rest of the top 6. Would mean the rest just have 3 games to overhaul the current points deficit. One thing is for sure there will be a surprise result v Old firm. Hopefully for us, but one of our rivals are bound to collect 3 points and a win somewhere along the line v the manky mob.

I called the gap almost 100% at the split although I did think United would get a draw at Pittodrie. I figure we will collect a win v either United or St Johnstone and two draws putting us on 60points. Hopefully that will be enough.

Certainly would very much like it to be confirmed before United come to Fir Park.

I think we'll pick up 3/4 points after the split, beating either United or St Johnstone but not both.

Either United or Hearts will take something from Rangers.

Saints will pick up 3/4, United will pick up 6/7, as will Hearts.

What will be critical is the games in which teams pick up points. A loss at Tynecastle won't overly worry me but I wouldn't want to lose against Saints or United.

The last three wks have shown that well don't have to do much to keep there noses in front. One pt in 9 and we are still 5 PT clear.

United, hearts and st j will take points off each other. I think the Games against the OF become important for all the teams

To answer the question though will we finish 3rd, yes I think we will and before the last game of the season too.

Shaping up to be a rerun of the year McGhee had us in third, when we didn't need to do very much at all to stay where we were cos evryone else dropped the points we might have needed to win otherwise. Fabulous position to be in, 5 pts clear going into the split with Champions League a definite possibility but Europa League the consolation if we don't make it. :thumbup:

Mind you be gutted if we miss out on CL but if we do then it would be our own fault, just can't see us failing now though.

We are in a great position, 5 clear with 5 games left. Celtic at Fir park next, they have already won the league so a few of the fringe players will be getting a game to get their totals up so they get a medal, so we have a good chance of beating them, our home record against the green ugly sister is reasonable. We will beat St J at home and Untd at home so i reckon we will finish on 62 or 63 points (assuming a point from Celtic and possibly hearts)

The CL place is only ours to lose, but we will get there i suspect with a couple of games to spare.

From our remaining games I think we'll get 5 points maximum. Whether that'll be enough to clinch 3rd depends on other results.

I think we might, just might get a point against Celtic in the next game, but we'll lose at Tynecastle and Ibrox. Out of the two home games, I think we can get four points but it it will be extremely tough.

It's too hard to make any serious prediction at this stage with five games still to go and it being as tight as it is though.

Could depend on Cup semi results this weekend. Hearts players may or may not have something to play for !!!

Rangers are now on a mission to get the gap between them and Them as close to 10pts as possible. Reckon they'll win all their games with Them winning 4 ....................... which in the grand scheme of things will not do us any harm.

Crucial that we beat St's and Are Shyte and that could be enough. Don't think my ticker could take it if we aint done and dusted by the time Are Shyte visit :mellow:

I think we'll make it with a win against Saints which i think will be our only 3 points. The other games including Utd at home will be defeats. But Hearts will do us a favour like Aberdeen did a few seasons ago to help us clinch 3rd. The worry is how sluggish we have become when we should be fired up and full of incentive. As i've already said only Humprey is pulling his weight up front with all other forwards really poor. :mellow:

First half Sunday yeh, we were sluggish, but 2nd half we dominated and looked much more like ourselves. Think the slumber has been awoken from.

i think we will be clinch third after round 3. here is what I see for the first 3 games

Dundee Utd 1 + 1 + 0 sitting on 51

St Johnstn 1 + 0 + 0 sitting on 51

Hearts 0 + 1 + 1 sitting on 50

Motherwell 0 + 3 + 1 sitting on 59

So with only 2 games left we would have it over and done with. If only it was that easy!!!

Nicky Law was quoted as saying 2 wins will seal 3rd place. Don't know who's been doing his maths but if we beat say both the OF & then say St.Johnstone win all their remaining games then they would finish above us. Not saying this will happen but the only way 2 wins would be enough is if they wins are over the nearest challengers.

Nicky Law was quoted as saying 2 wins will seal 3rd place. Don't know who's been doing his maths but if we beat say both the OF & then say St.Johnstone win all their remaining games then they would finish above us. Not saying this will happen but the only way 2 wins would be enough is if they wins are over the nearest challengers.

clearly its from the Stuart McCall school of maths.............games against the OF don't count, so you are way out!

Win 2 of the other 3 are we are sorted - thats what he will be saying to the players!!

I don't know who these 2 wins are going to come against if we couldn't beat Killie or Hibs.

I'm thinking the same too. We're more than capable of it, I just hope we play to our abilities. It's gona be a tight one, possibly the biggest run in we've had in a good few years.

The people that are underestimating us may well have been at Easter Road though.

Nicky Law is right but I don't know who these 2 wins are going to come against if we couldn't beat Killie or Hibs.

I'm sure you know as well as everyone else does, that Scottish football doesn't work like that. I'd be more confident going into a game against Hearts that I would against say, Falkirk for example. Or St Mirren.

Take last season where we steamrollered a very good United side more than once, but couldn't beat a Hamilton side that were relegated. Football, particularly our league, doesn't follow simplistic logic in the way you're using it.

Nicky Law is right but I don't know who these 2 wins are going to come against if we couldn't beat Killie or Hibs.

Right, and those are the only 2 teams we have played this season. It was all doom and gloom on these boards before we beat Dunfermline, Hearts and Hibs in successive games.

Even for 'Well fans, I'm surprised about the level of negativity on here. It's never pretty at the end of a season when you need to fight for points, but I would have expected a little more buzz around the place.

We are 5 points clear, 5 games to play and looking to win a a potential Champions League spot; something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.

It's OK to be a wee bit excited.

• Like 3