2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

The amount of abuse Kirk Broadfoot gets is ridiculous. Aye he's no world beater but the guy has won every domestic trophy in Scotland, played in a major European final and has been capped by Scotland. He's got a far superior cv to say Tim Clancy and is probably a better player but if we did sign him he'd probably get more abuse on here than Clancy did. Anyway I can't see it unless we've agreed to sell Hutchinson so a) have the money and b) have the need for another defender.

Anyway I've seen/heard/been informed we're after everyone from Broadfoot to Mark Kerr to Miiiiiiiiiiikey Stewart to Riordan & get this Darren fuckin Dodds. We need players= link us with any journeymen going.

We will end up signing somebody none of us have heard of and it will be preferable to some of the shite we've been linked with.

We will end up signing somebody none of us have heard of and it will be preferable to some of the shite we've been linked with.

Entirely correct. Firing cash at Kerr/Riordan/Stewart is entirely against everything else we've been doing and should only be viewed as a last resort. Sign players who are worth something to sell on, the above listed have literally no resale as they've ultimately bombed out of every club they've been at.

Entirely correct. Firing cash at Kerr/Riordan/Stewart is entirely against everything else we've been doing and should only be viewed as a last resort. Sign players who are worth something to sell on, the above listed have literally no resale as they've ultimately bombed out of every club they've been at.

I do agree with that, but taking Clancy as an example, he did a great job for us last season, he had 1 or 2 shockers admittedly, but also had 1 or 2 man of the match performances, and was generally pretty good, and I for one was disappointed (although hardly inconsolable) when he left.

Just because they've played for another SPL side doesn't automatically make them crap. Which seems to be the attitude on here.

• Like 1

I do agree with that, but taking Clancy as an example, he did a great job for us last season, he had 1 or 2 shockers admittedly, but also had 1 or 2 man of the match performances, and was generally pretty good, and I for one was disappointed (although hardly inconsolable) when he left.

Just because they've played for another SPL side doesn't automatically make them crap. Which seems to be the attitude on here.

That's not my attitude at all, Higdon and Clancy both came from SPL clubs and have been good, the difference for me being that both came with good wishes, if that makes sense. Clancy wanted more games and Killie viewed him solely as cover, I'd imagine St. Mirren would've been delighted to keep Higdon as well.

I can't see a clamour of clubs wanting to hold onto Kerr, Riordan or Stewart. As I said, all three have failed wherever they've been and have no monetary value to the club, so shouldn't be touched except as a last resort.

I can't see a clamour of clubs wanting to hold onto Kerr, Riordan or Stewart. As I said, all three have failed wherever they've been and have no monetary value to the club, so shouldn't be touched except as a last resort.

Get you now.

Wasn't just aimed at you.

I'd suggest 2/3, possibly all 3 of the guys mentioned have stinking attitudes, which is why despite obvious ability they are struggling to find clubs, and seem to be on the shelf a lot. That is a valid reason to not want them.

I don't know if Kerr falls in to that category though? Was really good at Dundee utd, and was decent at Aberdeen (it's near impossible to succeed at pittodrie, I blame the fans), he's an experienced central midfielder, and that's exactly what we need. Not sure why he hasn't played much last 2 seasons??

Anyway was just a suggestion, he's available, would probably fit into our wage structure, and I think would strengthen our team if he is or can be the player he was for Dundee utd.

Also I don't think he is related to Brian Kerr, but I might be wrong?

:lol:

I can't see a clamour of clubs wanting to hold onto Kerr, Riordan or Stewart. As I said, all three have failed wherever they've been

Your definition is of failure must have a very low threshold. Riordan is the third highest goalscorer in SPL history !!

Plenty of other reasons not to sign him but to say he has failed everywhere he has been is plain wrong !!

I think riordan would be a great signing, think the way we play would suit him also, I hope this deal can be done, just rumours tho obv but even Michael Stewart has the experience we need and there must be ability there sumwhere to come thru at utd, don't like Kerr tho too defensive minded for me and getting worse as he gets older lol

Wouldn't even consider Derek Riordan.

There are some players who may have additional issues which some managers can manage. There are other players who are just complete and utter fucking wasters who should be left to the scrapheap.

Riordan undoubtedly falls into the latter category.

Riordan at his best (which may be past now?) is a fantastic talent that should make you want to buy a season ticket, not hand it back, unfortunately he is a bawbag though, which is why at 28/29 he is still considered a boy with potential but a bad attitude.

I must sound like mark kerrs agent, but surely any experienced defensive midfielder is what we're screaming out for? A replacement for Jennings to let law, and possibly lasley play further forward???

Riordan at his best (which may be past now?) is a fantastic talent that should make you want to buy a season ticket, not hand it back, unfortunately he is a bawbag though, which is why at 28/29 he is still considered a boy with potential but a bad attitude.

I must sound like mark kerrs agent, but surely any experienced defensive midfielder is what we're screaming out for? A replacement for Jennings to let law, and possibly lasley play further forward???

Football ability and goal scoring wise he is good but he is an obnoxious wee shite with a terrible attitude that has seen him dumped from club after club, an arrogant wee ned who the club can well do without.

• Like 1

Aye, agree with that, wouldn't necessarily want him at fir park for his off the park behaviour, or is attitude on the park when the chips are down.

Such a waste, as on his game you'd pay to go and watch him, I reckon he could've had 20 caps and play at the lower end of the EPL if he wasn't such a waster. Imagine a guy like him with the attitude and dedication of someone like clarkson.

I'd be tempted to take Riordan for 6 month and tell him if he grows the fuck up and plays well he might get it extended.

With talks of county looking at him he would lick yer baws to get a team our size interested. His shares have rapidly fallen, but he still has the ability.