2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

One of the two defenders he beat actually slipped and fell over while the other one was done by sheer pace, while it was an absolutely fantastic ball he put in the box, it is literally the only good thing he has done this season so far. Also the ball was along the deck so no idea how Ojamaa or Higdon could of used there noggin..

The fact you can remember every single thing that could of possibly be taken as a positive from all of Humphreys performances show how pish he has been lately.

His performance against Pana at home to me was very gutless, completely hid, never wanted the ball and when he did get it did hee haw, the guy goes into hiding in the middle of a game when things go against him or he suddenly shites himself and its a bit of a liabilty to be honest

Total Pish!

One of the two defenders he beat actually slipped and fell over while the other one was done by sheer pace, while it was an absolutely fantastic ball he put in the box, it is literally the only good thing he has done this season so far. Also the ball was along the deck so no idea how Ojamaa or Higdon could of used there noggin..

Well maybe actually try to get into the box, as apposed to watching it fly past and then look interested, after looking around for someone to blame and finding that he was the only one there....pretty simple really. Dah

Dazzer, shut the fuck up. Our best opportunity of the game last Thursday was when Humphrey beat his man down the wing, there was four Motherwell players bombing it into the box and he passed it straight to the keeper!

Humphry is a good player for us, but wouldn't get in the Coventry first team with your man Jennoe and certainly won't play many games at Celtic.

I actually hope we keep him if £200k is all thats on offer, however one of the benefits of selling him would be not reading your constant drivel about the boy!

Was Humphrey's passback to the keeper not deflected back to him, Higdon raised has hand as if to claim for a pass back from a defender.

No. Humphrey went through and instead of cutting it back he toed it back to the keeper. The bizarre thing is, when you toe a ball you usually generate a fair bit of power but the Humph couldn't even manage that. :lol:

As for Ryan Stevenson - that is a fantastic signing if it comes to pass. Thought the days of us being able to sign players like that were long gone.

This, plus a quote saying it is his 'dream move'.

I doubt that! :lol:

Like him as a player, and I've heard from an Ayr fan he's a good guy (in fact I'm sure he was celebrating his imminent return to ayr on loan a while back?). Apparently went and stood on the terraces at Somerset with his mates when hearts weren't playing, which I kind of like.

The reference to Higdon is slightly tongue in cheek.....aimed more at the east stand mafia who scream their heids aff at a chosen player each season....might change it to Ojamma Appreciation Society this year :whistling: .

Higdon isnt the best player in the world, or the best centre-forward I've seen at Fir Park but I'd rather have him in my team than Humph

• Like 1

It's really fucking depressing that every thread on this forum winds up with a battle not for which player is best, but which player is worst.

Both Higdon and Humphrey played a huge part in getting us to third place, and a cup final last season.

Neither are shite. Neither are worldbeaters, but for fucks sake, the negativity is ridiculous.

Edited by StipeIsGod
  • Like 7

It's really fucking depressing that every thread on this forum winds up with a battle not for which player is best, but which player is worst.

Both Higdon and Humphrey played a huge part in getting us to third place, and a cup final last season.

Neither are shite. Neither are worldbeaters, but for fucks sake, the negativity is ridiculous.

This (although the cup final wasn't last season ;) )

Well said. Better to offer something constructive rather than drawing negativity.

The heart of the debate is there is possibly an offer for one of our first team players, who is in final season. Celtic are smart enough to know the value he brings to our team and the potential money that is available from spl placings, cup run etc. How many games is humphrey likely to win us or have an influence on? Further to this...there doesnt appear to be any other interest....so why not bid circa 200k? Seems reasonable unless there was a bidding war

£200k for a player in the last year of his contract is decent business for us. I'd rather sell Humphrey than Murphy, for example, because I think he's a better player.

That's not a slight on Humphrey, particularly, as he has been a good player for us, regardless of his flaws. He still scares the shite out of full-backs and has got us points at Hearts and against St. Johnstone over the past few years (they stand out particularly anyway) almost single handedly. He allows more freedom for Hateley as well, because his outright speed allows him to cover, which is great. Daley, for example, offers nothing like the protection Humphrey does.

If the Celtic deal emerged, it'd be a good deal for him financially, decent deal for us. From a footballing perspective, it'd be terrible for him, but we'd get over it.

Although just a rumour at this stage, I think Ryan Stevenson would be a decent signing for us. Ok we know he isn't the quickest player in the world but he's fine with the ball at his feet and has an eye for goal. He split the Gorgie Road support, some of whom didn't think he was Hearts class - whatever that is, and was moved on after speaking out about Vlad and non payment of wages. A little surprised that we're going for an offensive midfielder with Nicky Law still still on the books at the moment. Perhaps SM sees Steve Hetherington or Stuart Carswell cementing their place in the team this season to take the defensive pressure off Keith Lasley.