2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Let me get this straight, MJC, are you saying that McFadden won't be coming back to us this summer? In the next few years? Or ever?

Only a complete fucking idiot would state flat out that there's no chance of him ever coming back to play for Motherwell.

I'm saying that James McFadden will not be coming back to us now or ever. Why would he? He is a 29 year old International player who barring injuries has at least six years left of top flight football.

We at Motherwell FC are forever cost cutting, we have just released several youth players as we do just about every summer. We are a small club and have to live within our means, I accept that. So therefore I have to accept that ideas of James McFadden ever playing for us again is complete and utter pie in the sky.

James McFadden will never, ever be a Motherwell FC player again. Not now, not next year or any time. We simply are not nor ever will be in a position to be able to afford him. So if that makes me a "complete fucking idiot" then so be it, but I stand by what I say. There is absolutely no chance of him ever coming back to play for Motherwell. He is a player who is now completely and utterly out of our league.

Whilst it would be highly improbable that McFadden would come back at this point in time. Maybe ever. 'We' (MJC included) need to understand right now that the fella 1) Hasny kicked a ball for the best part of a year and a half 2) He may need to make a short term move to get himself back on the radar (his short spell at the Toffees won't have alerted many top flight clubs even though he's back to fitness of sorts) 3) His much quoted wages right now are £0 per annum - what he earned in the past is irrelevant - he'll only get "his wages" if he manages to get an EPL deal. - like I say - he'll have to take a short term dip to get the longer term deal.

So who knows what will happen.

If he can't get a deal with a suitable EPL or Championship club would he take a 6 month hit on wages at an unfashionable club to get himself back out there?

Whilst it would be highly improbable that McFadden would come back at this point in time. Maybe ever. 'We' (MJC included) need to understand right now that the fella 1) Hasny kicked a ball for the best part of a year and a half 2) He may need to make a short term move to get himself back on the radar (his short spell at the Toffees won't have alerted many top flight clubs even though he's back to fitness of sorts) 3) His much quoted wages right now are £0 per annum - what he earned in the past is irrelevant - he'll only get "his wages" if he manages to get an EPL deal. - like I say - he'll have to take a short term dip to get the longer term deal.

So who knows what will happen.

If he can't get a deal with a suitable EPL or Championship club would he take a 6 month hit on wages at an unfashionable club to get himself back out there?

............and playing in the champions league in the meantime.

The only way we could afford him at this stage is on a pay-per-play deal. With his injury record, I'm afraid the guy is a liability for a club with our financial restrictions, and we can't tie up a wage as risky as that.

I strongly feel we should be doing something to draw him in on loan or whatever on a very short term basis for our champions league campaign if player and club can find some mutual benefit.

We get him fit and give him a shop window for a january transfer - we all get to watch Faddy in the champs league.

MFC do it! For a laugh.

I strongly feel we should be doing something to draw him in on loan or whatever on a very short term basis for our champions league campaign if player and club can find some mutual benefit.

We get him fit and give him a shop window for a january transfer - we all get to watch Faddy in the champs league.

MFC do it! For a laugh.

Dont think you can get Faddy on loan .Hes not got a club ! :wallbash:

Because they don't lube up at the sight of a wallet, but more importantly they make sure their players and club are talked up at every possible opportunity, where as for years every aspect of our club seems to be playing everything down in a "if we manage it that will be great but if not we're quite happy with what we've managed", type way.

Yet Hearts can't pay their players wages, are in huge debt and finished well behind us in the league.

I want us to make as much money as possible from player sales but if we need to bring in £300,000 to keep the club going along nicely and the best way to do that is to offer a bargain that will attract clubs to bite then that's the way it will have to be.

At the end of the day club finances dictate what we do and do not do.

If Faddy didn't mean it when he said he'd want to return to Fir Park at the end of his career, then we can assume he won't.

If Faddy did meant it when he said he'd want to return to Fir Park then that move, when/if it occurs, will be a signal that his career is nearing an end. A move back here this summer would be an acceptance, at least on some level, by McFadden that his career at the top was over. He does not strike me as the type of person to accept that when he's still in his late 20s.

I'd like to think he meant what he said and if he did then I look forward to seeing him in a 'Well shirt in 5 or 6 years. There's absolutely no chance of it in the near future though.

If it's not the 'Well, he should go to Leeds. It wouldn't be the worse move for either party there.

Apart from the fact Mrs Doubtfire would be his manager! He's about as popular with Leeds fans as Brian Clough!

anybody got any real info regarding potential signings?

anything on that Marcus Bean guy who was linked with us and is a free agent?

To be honest, I'll wait until July before any serious speculation takes place! When the team return, we usually seee some foreign trialists, All under Agent Hammerfist (A la Casagolda "Goal Machine" ), kicking about that some of the stat lads forage about for info on before we don't sign them.

Sheep website reporting rumour Reynolds is or has been freed by Wednesday. Clancy or Reynolds?

McFadden, Clarkson & now Reynolds, maybe there are others. Could this finally give aberdeen their chance to mimmick the 'well.

Official on Sky Sports News

James McFadden has turned down a move to Pittodrie

Looks like you where right :laugh: