2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

apparently 'Stevenage have signed out of contract Inverness midifielder Greg Tansey on a 3 year deal'

so thats that out the window.

Think a left footed centre half would be a very useful signing, and if we have to bring in another central midfielder to keep Hateley out of there then so be it

Think a left footed centre half would be a very useful signing, and if we have to bring in another central midfielder to keep Hateley out of there then so be it [/color][/size][/font]

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but does it matter that your a left footer when you're playing in the centre of defence?

I'd like to see another "big" striker... Higdon obviously isn't the fittest, especially coming to the end of the season he looks sluggish. Maybe another Jukey signing or even a Blackman...

In Europe its going to be solid defenders and powerful frontmen who will get us through. We have the midfield hustle!!

Could be completely clutching at straws here, but the Express is carrying this article about McCall looking for Saunders to step in and prove he can take Craigan/Clancy's place in the centre.

The last line is:

McCall is in the process of finalising a two-year extension with Keith Lasley and is still waiting to see if Steve Jennings will accept a new contract.

Possibly being overly optimistic, but it sounds like a deal is all but done with Lasley perhaps?

If true that's a bullet dodged.

Why do you say that? He's looked good any time he was at Fir Park and hardly missed a game for Inverness which suggests he was one of their best players. Also scored 4 league goals which isn't bad for a midfielder.

Possibly being overly optimistic, but it sounds like a deal is all but done with Lasley perhaps?

I read some quotes from Lasley earlier in the week where he seemed he was ready to sign his deal once 'a few small details' were finalized.

I'd like to see another "big" striker... Higdon obviously isn't the fittest, especially coming to the end of the season he looks sluggish. Maybe another Jukey signing or even a Blackman...

In Europe its going to be solid defenders and powerful frontmen who will get us through. We have the midfield hustle!!

I don't think we will see any transfer movement in the forward area unless someone leaves. If the budget is being cut and we have Higdon, McHugh, Ojamaa, Murphy and Daley who can play centre forward- there are definitely other areas which will be prioritised with whatever remaining budget we have.

Lasley signed for further 2 years from club official twitter feed

Source: http://www.motherwel...ended-contract/

']

Motherwell Football Club are today delighted to confirm talismanic midfielder Keith Lasley has committed himself to the club for a further two years.

The 32-year old, recently named supporters Player of the Year for the second successive campaign, enjoyed arguably his best season at Fir Park, helping the Steelmen book a spot in the Champions League for the first time ever.

Lasley, who will likely take up the role of club captain, has played 298 games in Claret and Amber over a 14-year spell, punctured by two years with Plymouth Argyle between 2004 and 2006.

He becomes the second mainstay of the squad to sign an extension after Stevie Hammell confirmed a deal to stay on until 2014 and like Hammell; he has been awarded a testimonial match.

Speaking exclusively to MFC TV, Lasley said: “I am delighted; I never wanted to leave Motherwell.

“It was similar to any contract, there were negotiations back and forth but I am just so pleased it has been sorted out. I am already looking forward to next season.

“There was other interest and a few other interested clubs and obviously you have got to think about your family. But I’ve been here a long time now and, with how good a season we had and how much I enjoyed it as well as the relationship I have with the fans and the club and that was certainly a swaying factor in me saying.”

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster added, “We are thrilled Keith has joined Stevie Hammell in staying on at the club.

“Keeping our experienced players, who are amongst our most consistent performers, was obviously high on our priority list. We are still negotiating with others but we hope both players staying will send out a message of intent.”

Delighted with the 3rd strip reveal yesterday. Now this... excellent news!

What a start to the weekend!

I don't think we will see any transfer movement in the forward area unless someone leaves. If the budget is being cut and we have Higdon, McHugh, Ojamaa, Murphy and Daley who can play centre forward- there are definitely other areas which will be prioritised with whatever remaining budget we have.

I don't think we really need another forward if I'm being honest. If we manage to tie up most of the squad we currently have for next season I'll be happy with that.